Author Topic: Vinduro Concepts and Future Directions  (Read 11545 times)

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
Re: Vinduro Concepts and Future Directions
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2009, 09:42:33 am »
I have ridden 3 Vinduro's and have turned up with a couple of spare old bush bashers each time and rode in the gear that i had and shared bikes with anyone that needed one and ridden with fellow riders from 16 to 70+ and everyone of them was having fun.I'm not a ISDT rider from the seventies ,i only rode MX when i was younger and my first enduro was the Black Duck a couple of years ago . If i wanted too ride State Forest trails i would do it on my  Road registered Trailbike with electric start . please dont make it too complicated .Pre 85 ,lights ,muffler and a hangover = Fun.
thanks Hilly.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2009, 08:49:02 pm »
If i wanted too ride State Forest trails i would do it on my  Road registered Trailbike with electric start . please dont make it too complicated .Pre 85 ,lights ,muffler and a hangover = Fun.

Perfectly said.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2009, 09:51:10 pm »
You can have both, non-competitive and competition, MX does.  As for what has gone on with rules after the nats is MX's problem, nobody is saying MX should be all non-competitive.
The Ravenshoe club in FNQ has run a pre 85 pony express.  While I don't go for the PE format, Good on em.
This thread is called Vinduro Concepts, Here's a concept:  A once a year 1 or 2 day competitive Vinduro.
It's not in the Mons so we can make up our own rules :)
What classes?  If you allow only Enduro & trail bikes you could change the year cut offs, eg Pre70, Pre77, Pre79 Evo, Pre87, Pre90, maybe in the Pre79 you could have Pre79 & all Air cooled DTs & TSs any year.   
MX bikes or not?
what Tests?
and anything else.
Just my thoughts :-\.
Cheers
Noel
« Last Edit: August 19, 2009, 08:46:28 am by NSR3 »
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2009, 04:21:12 pm »
I have to agree with YZHilly.  If you were a former enduro gun you might want to relive the old days. Or you could buy a modern bike and still compete.
But I think there were a hell of a lot of guy's who just plain trailrode and didn't care about being competetive who are still into old bikes.  Who like to tinker on them and go for a ride with other guy's on old bikes and compare resto notes and check out each others old bikes and just have an easy weekend of fun.  And ride with a hangover.  I like the idea of the poker run.

If I wanted a challenging ride I would do it on my modern dirt bike. My old bikes I just want to muck around and have fun.

Offline DIRTPILOT72

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 11:13:40 am »
I would like to comment on Rec Reg. Having a registerd bike has some benifits, such as TAC cover and more riding opportunities. Most of my bikes either have full reg or rec reg, the reason being i am coverd by insurance and i can ride them most places.
 The YZ cost $106 to get regoed . Plus cost of getting it to the Vic roads standard, $90 front headlight, $25 tailight, $40 battery, $90 wiring loom and a few other minor bits. This was a MX bike, so if you have a enduro bike it would be cheaper or may even cost nothing.
Im interested in how many of you would be interested in going on a few trailrides during the year? Would you get rec reg if there was more riding available? Above mainly for Vic riders.
Honda XR200 x2
Honda XR250
Yamaha Yamahopper QT50

Offline ELC hunter

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2009, 08:06:05 pm »
I know this might sound strange ,but wouldnt historic rego in nsw do a similar thing for insurance and legality for riding in state forests.I know it would only apply to 1980 and earlier due to 30 year age requirement,but for 50 dollars it not bad.You would just have to let your club know where you are going to ride to or at and record it in there books and i believe you are covered for the ride.And on the plus side around your home i think you are allowed tuning runs up to 20klms,ived considered this instead full rego because the times i get to use my bikes,and the cost saving you get if your got more than one bike.Could be wrong with some of the info but i think im close,someone might have all the facts?Any where we can get to enjoy our bikes and other company of like mined people is a good thing to be enjoyed while we can.

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2009, 08:41:16 pm »
Vintage rego sounds like a great idea will make life easier have to look into it I've got a Maico GS could never keep the lights working when it was new! Don,t know How I will go 30 years later. On events I would prefer to go to 2 Day events if I have to travel Interstate.

Mick

« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2009, 09:04:18 pm »
2 day events now there is something to look at for the Vic Vinduro's I like that idea  :)  camping meeting others and a ale or two around a camp fire  ;D perfect.

Cheers Mick.

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2009, 06:50:39 am »
NSW has conditional rego If the event is supported by MA you are able to get limited rego needed to connect competetive sections by road raced condo 750 on my quad last year and there were no problems

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2009, 11:03:45 am »
Rec reg (Vic) is a great scheme. I had it for my IT250K a couple of years ago. It has handy when I took it out trail riding (usually the only 'old' bike in the group) & allowed me to ride it in the Blue Light Rally a couple of times.

Personally I prefer the idea of Vinduros being held on private property, with no need for rego, for a number of reasons. Still have to have lights & decent muffler etc though.

However if I ever get a bike rec registered again DIRTPILOT72 I'd be interested in going for a trail ride with other 'old' bikes.

Tex

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2009, 11:24:21 am »
The rec reg is really just good for insurance if you have a spill and allowing us to ride more places it isn't to hard to get either so I am for it if we can ride in more spots thanks Michael. :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Mick

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2009, 01:25:48 pm »
I will be trying to get pre 85 bikes together for rides next year when a couple of others get there bikes rec regoed, more info down the track on Enduro Bike Talk forum :)

Cheers Mick.

Offline odd1

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2009, 06:47:05 pm »
Drakie! The 2 wires coming from the engine do they go to a rectifier and then to the lights or straight to the lights?

Offline DIRTPILOT72

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2009, 07:14:31 pm »
Rec reg (Vic) is a great scheme. I had it for my IT250K a couple of years ago. It has handy when I took it out trail riding (usually the only 'old' bike in the group) & allowed me to ride it in the Blue Light Rally a couple of times.

Personally I prefer the idea of Vinduros being held on private property, with no need for rego, for a number of reasons. Still have to have lights & decent muffler etc though.

However if I ever get a bike rec registered again DIRTPILOT72 I'd be interested in going for a trail ride with other 'old' bikes.

Tex

Just do it. Its easy and cheap. Ive done the YZ, a DS80 and a postie bike this year. About to  do a Yamaha RT100 soon. If you ever need to make a TAC claim (i have had 2 ) you will never think bike rego is expensive ever again. Trust me on that ;D
Honda XR200 x2
Honda XR250
Yamaha Yamahopper QT50

IT400C

« Reply #29 on: November 16, 2009, 01:36:55 am »
Doing away with slapping a headlight on a motocross bike also sounds the go as they really shouldn't be in the bush at all (motocross bikes and those noisy mufflers) plus it keeps it pure to the concept and we all know how much some people around here like that idea.

Hmmm, In theory probably not a bad idea, but I used to ride YZ125's in enduros back in the early 80's and one day I'd love to pick up a YZ125J or K and do it up that way again...  Shit, I'm 40kg heavier now, and 25 years older, but it'd sure be fun.....    ;D ;D

« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 01:39:36 am by IT400C »