Author Topic: Round 5 N.S.W Heaven V.M.X At Lakes  (Read 9276 times)

Offline Dan-166

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Round 5 N.S.W Heaven V.M.X At Lakes
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 08:42:34 pm »
Great weekend. Thanks to the Lakes Club for the venue. Good to have somewhere with some permanent creature comforts such as power, toilets and hot showers. I had a ball racing on this track and can't wait to go back there. Couple of guys hurt during practice on Saturday ( Greg & Dean) , hope you guys are on the mend quickly and back racing soon.
Some new members for the club also on the weekend and talking with those guys, they are keen to finish the year off with all rounds, so good to see. Thanks to the committee for all there hard work that they put in for an event and hope that Dennis is on the mend soon. I think he may of just got scared after his last weekend at Buladelah???
Would be good to get more feedback regarding the track? Cheers
Dan

two_dogs

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 08:46:16 pm »
a few more having fun

Offline Damo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 09:53:37 am »
Great weekend AWESOME track nothing too big just heaps of fun and those uphills were full throtle!!!

Hope HEAVEN can do it again next year.

Damo

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 11:58:19 am »
pharrrk ,"nothing too big",the marshall on point 18 (top of THE hill) was using an oxygen mask ;D ;D,wasn't so bad going up,buuuutttt coming down,geezas,no brakes to speak of??,(at least i got to rest going down  ::)),still it was fun (sort of ;)),i was a little concerned on the jumps,good thing my belly pan was the alloy one & not the later f/glass type,coz thats all that was holding the Ossa trials frame together  :(,,good track,good guys,top weekend
ps hey Joel,pull a double shift mate,(punishment for late shift arrival??)
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline vmxrider

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 12:44:19 pm »
Great track, bit like how I'd imagine and old school European or Carlsbad track to be. Holding the throttle to the stops on the uphills trying to dodge the roost from the guy in front was great stuff. Bloody hard work on a pre 75 but fun all the same, absolutely brilliant for evo/pre 85 bigger bore stuff. Be nice to be out in front but heaps of fun just dicing mid pack. As a bonus the spectators get to see most of the track. Thanks to the Heaven committee for all the hard work and giving us the chance to race somewhere new and within a reasonable distance to Sydney.   

Offline ricakk

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2009, 05:32:09 pm »
Great track, great people, great weekend, I have got to stop hitting the ground without
my bike, will have to practice more and lose about 25 kg. yeh right.

magoo

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2009, 05:50:40 pm »
I've got to agree boys, that track is awesome. Great surface, huuge up hills with some sphincter puckering downhills, awesome berms, whoops, stutters, unreal. If any of the interstate boys want a real challenge, we've found the place. Really well run meeting so to Fernando, Donny and the crew thanks for everything.

two_dogs

« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2009, 07:31:06 pm »
A few more pics

This guy won most races he was in

Killer Table Top

Getting some air

This is how to corner

The step up

Paul getting the most out of his suspension

oz555ktm

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2009, 07:55:00 pm »
It Was a Hard Call To stay at Home and stay in Bed when you know every one was going
to have FAT TIME Riding and Racing .

Is good to see that every one had a good time and That all Member Chip in and Help But We all Know That .

So Can you all stop ring me and tell me How Much Fun You Had .... Please ...

Look Out now at The EVO Challeng  ON the 12th and 13th of September 2009

two_dogs

« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2009, 08:26:46 pm »
Mick
I think this is Mark on the step up before the finish line, I had a chat with him about my IT, nice bloke.

I'll email one tomorrow
Andrew

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2009, 10:35:13 pm »
Pre85 Grid,

Hill climbing the Pre70 CZ 360 put a smile on my face,
liked the track a lot, but not one for a lazy rider,
 clutch and brake work for the corners and down hills really made you work on those skills ,
go back again tomorrow even with the old bikes.
Cheers
Noel

Offline Husabergpete

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2009, 09:15:29 am »
Injury Update for Dean Burt.

Deano has a broken collar bone which will need surgery in the next couple of days to fix properly.

KTM 250 1980,  Maico 250 AW 1977, Husqvarna CR 430 1981, , CZ 250 1973 and a 550 Husaberg

Offline BultacoMacca

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2009, 10:19:12 pm »
Having just gotten over a collarbone and shoulderblade break with some nice screws fitted, I can sympathise with what Dean is going thru again...its my second and he said it is his second too.
I saw him go over the tyre wall and wondered what the hell happened... he was smokin' at the time.
Anyway when his bike came in his rear brake backing plate had broken up completely and probably jammed and thrown him over the wall, either that or no brake at all.
I guess he'll have some time to polish his Aussie VMX Championship trophies in his time off and thank his lucky stars it didn't happen up at Conondale the other week. Get well Dean.
Anyway I had a great first ride back, and its a balls out track thats for sure! YOU GOTTA LOVE THOSE FULL NOISE 5TH GEAR UPHILLS.

two_dogs

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2009, 09:19:17 pm »
A few more

Check out No. 46

Some more air & styling

Holeshot

montynut

« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2009, 12:18:42 am »
Have to agree that the 3.75 laps of practise I got in before my crash where great. I was finding the track layout challenging but great, nothing that the EVO bike and I was not comfortable with  :). Unfortunately my relatively low speed get off  :-[ resulted in both bones in my left leg broken  :'(. Thank God for POD Knee braces as the surgeon indicated I would have had a completely destroyed knee as the Tibia has a major spiral break. I now own a nice new titanium rod the length of the Tibia. See the Heaven guys in a few months.

The Monty was going great to. Oh well next time!!

Greg