Author Topic: CZ400...on eBay..  (Read 795 times)

Stonemotherlesslast

CZ400...on eBay..
« on: August 03, 2009, 08:48:37 am »
There is a 1973 CZ 400 on eBay at the moment..I am thinking of picking up a pre '75 bike - how would the CZ be as a competitive bike in the class?
The one on eBay looks really clean...original but not pristine resto job ( not too scared to get it dirty ).
Anyone had a look and can tell me if it looks OK?

Offline Tim37

• C-Grade
  • Its an investment ...had to buy it !
    • View Profile
Re: CZ400...on eBay..
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2009, 10:21:50 am »
Hi the 400 zed looks a little rough for the starting price !. Still  not an easy bike to find. The 73 has the best motor - bolt flange exhaust gives more umph than a 74-75lip flange . The cornering is  great- but straight line stability is not as good as a red frame 74...the rear kicks and hops a bit when you really get going ove the rough . This bike still has mudcatchers which I would replace for racing . The pics are to dark to see what its really like ? The mullholland rear shocks wer never much chop either . 
With some work this will be a very competitive bike wheels, GMC pipe , new tyres , shocks ...ignition and the list may grow when its taken to bits ...... Drakey just sold one to GB for much less and it was race ready ...with history ...I have a 75 falta 400that will be ready for sale later this year .
It will be perfect for around 5k nos gen alloy tank rebuilt engine , replated and painted, GMC pipe etc to give you some idea ...

Stonemotherlesslast

Re: CZ400...on eBay..
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2009, 12:42:03 pm »
Thanks for the info. I am going around to have a look at the bike later on this week
Will get a look in daylight and hear how it sounds .