Author Topic: SUP REGS FOR CLASSIC DIRT TRACK AUSTRALIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS  (Read 7799 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: SUP REGS FOR CLASSIC DIRT TRACK AUSTRALIAN CHAMPIONSHIPS
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2009, 10:48:13 pm »
Great stuff- 8)
Hope this event up holds them all.  8)
Have a fantastic blast   8)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

firko

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 10:55:24 pm »
I've grabbed the poison chalice and have accepted an invitation to be the eligibility steward at the Dirt Track Nats.
Be nice and do the right thing by making sure you've got your bike right and we'll all get along fine. ;D This is going to be a great meeting so get your entries in early..............

Mark Austin

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 06:28:39 pm »
Can I use a flat slide Mikuni and no silencer on my Bully Metisse Firko?
 ;)

Curly3

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 06:52:09 pm »
It probably is a poisoned challis Firko.
My father was the machine examiner for a number of years at Amaroo, Oran and Nepean.
I still remember the problems that occasionally arose, but the original "Curly" wasn't one to take prisoners.
It helps that the Reg's are clear and hopefully they are.

firko

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 07:27:44 pm »
Yeah I've done the Nats few times in the past Curly. I've got a pretty liberal outlook on the rules but I've got a passionate dislike for deliberate cheats and not a lot of sympathy for those who haven't bothered to read MoMs or the Sup Regs. Ignorance isn't an excuse.

After the Cliff Patton incident at Canberra Nats last year where the eligibility stewards decision to not allow an obviously ilegal bike to race was over ruled by the Clerk of Course, MA has advised that situations like that won't be tolerated again and dodgy bikes must be dealt with according to proper protocol. Having said that, 99% of the bikes racing today are fine. It's the 1% that need to be sorted.

Curly3

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2009, 07:35:41 pm »
Patton, Canberra, relation of Kevin?

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2009, 08:46:56 pm »
son

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2009, 08:19:20 pm »
Hi  What is the problem with the eligibility of Clifford Pattons Yamy 250 powered slider the boy can ride that is for sure,it is great to see a slider in the 250 cc class & only met him twice great bloke to have in the sport . With all the nit pickin the scene will die . ??? This is an Aussie Tittle event not a concourse event . Christ can I run the K & N air filters ,RD valve springs,New Mikuni carbires,Michellin tyres,Wiseco Pistons ,Fox riding gear,RK chains none from pre 1974 , From the way I see it is all the WHINGERS sit on the fence and don't ride OR never could (they all say how fast they were or I am still waiting on the trick part from USA  hang on I found it it is called BALLS) . Just let us have have a good time . >:(
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 09:52:12 am by grasy »

Curly3

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2009, 09:12:15 pm »
Gee grasy you've come out swinging.
I wasn't there last year and have no idea what the problem was with Cliff Patton's bike but the fact that it is a National Championship meeting, to my thinking, means that there has to be policing of the rules to protect all the guy's who follow them, or we risk alienating the majority of the competitors.
Its been a long time since I competed and can't wait till I have a bike ready to ride.
Don't forget, Opinions are like arseholes, everyones got one.
But imagine what life would be like if we all thought the same. BORING. 

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2009, 09:18:07 pm »
Obviously, I have got two cheeks with a hole in da middle. I would rather call it my head  ;D

Curly3

« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2009, 09:26:00 pm »
What number will you be using grasy. I'll come & say g'day.

Offline Grasy 6

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2009, 09:33:25 pm »
No 6  CR125 CR250  & XL 350 be with Peter Lee No 52 XL 250 XL 350 & XS 1 650  just look for the two HOT BIRDS both pre 1970 Kelly & Colleen  cheers Grasy
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 09:53:01 am by grasy »

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2009, 11:37:47 pm »
the problem is ome jap bikes.as youwell know the japs bring out the next years modle in the year before.
paul spooner sold hagon frames and put yamaha motors in them.so in 1974 kevin bought a new hagon yamaha 250 and won the 1974 250 australian championship on it.now the motor is deamed to be a 1975 yamaha.but in true fact it was avaliable in 1974. it was a 1974 hagon yamaha 250.now 35 years later people want to clas it as a 1975 bike.langy was right in leting it race as it was a bike raced in 1974.
just my 2 cents worth

firko

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 12:21:45 am »
Jim....It doesn't matter when the bike was sold. The engine is a factory designated 1975 model and therefore isn't legal to race in pre 75. Mk8 Bultacos came out in 1974 but are the factory 1975 model and aren't allowed to be used in pre 75 and there are many other examples. As a side issue, the EH Holden came out in 1963 but it's homologated as a '64 model by all racing organisations. Get my point?
Langfield had no right whatsoever to overrule the decision of the eligibility steward. His action over this bike is the reason MA has stamped down on eligibility decisions and the reason Langfield won't be the steward at this event. I'm not pre judging the bike and will make my judgement purely based on what the engine number tells me. The bikes previous history is irrelevent. I have to go by what MoMs tells me to do so if the engine # says it's a '75 model....It's in pre 78 full stop.

I'm not saying this as my opinion...it's the official word.

« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 12:23:33 am by firko »