Author Topic: Beyond Blue  (Read 21917 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: Beyond Blue
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2012, 02:26:01 pm »
Maybe one day he'll realise how many customers he's lost thanks to his many and varied poor-taste comments?

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline John Orchard

• Legend
  • ^^^ July 1984
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 05, 2012, 02:28:10 pm »
Come on guys, it's not any better by not accepting someones apology...... whether it's meant or not.
Johnny O - Tahition_Red factory rider.

Curly3

« Reply #92 on: October 05, 2012, 05:38:45 pm »
I'll accept it, let's move on.

GT43

« Reply #93 on: October 05, 2012, 05:51:57 pm »
I certainly sympathize with other sufferers of Depression. Especially Chronic cases.
Personally, I have been seeing a shrink for about 2 years now, and if I had never done this, I may well have trapped myself into doing something stupid.

If you dont seek help, it will wear you down to the point of not being able to function in society. Even to go an buy some lunch in a shop, becomes a major task.

If people are feeling tired all the time and everything seems to be getting to hard with Insomnia, I would recommend to see a Doctor, because this maybe the start of it.
When people live in misery for to long (years), the Brain starts to shutdown the chemical "Serotonin".
Without Serotonin, I guarantee that no-one will want to know you.

I try to post on this Forum when I am on my good days, otherwise I dont come across to well. Such as the other day, I went back and read something I wrote, and couldnt believe the garbage.

Take it easy.

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 05, 2012, 06:18:10 pm »
Guys over the years the dog has been with me on and off , this site and the backhanded compliments we give each other have given me some great times . Walther don't worry about it I didn't take offence , Christ if I can't laugh at my own expence I might as well kick the bloody bucket . Iain  :'( now  ;D
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club

GT43

« Reply #95 on: October 05, 2012, 06:45:10 pm »
Yeah no offense taken here either Walts.
If I need shocks I will still drop in, and hopefully receive a discount  :D

Offline Rookie#1

• Legend
  • JUST SHUDDUP AND RIDE IT!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 05, 2012, 07:14:08 pm »
I don't think you'll find too many depression forums on the Internet where anyone will ever say "hey so do you like old bikes too??" and even if there was lets face it not many of us would be logging on to that kinda forum would we?? My point is i think it's fantastic that a common interest forum such as this makes people so comfortable that they have felt "safe" to share a little about themselves and what they might be going through when otherwise maybe they wouldn't tell anyone at all, or maybe the wrong people who want offer anything to help the scenario, good on all the guys who've been brave enough to let us know that the black dog is with them, or maybe just visits a little too often.

This week my father lost a friend he has known for 50 years, the best man from his wedding and a good family friend to us all. Although it was apparent and admitted to everyone that he was suffering major depression nobody thought to the degree it turned out to be. Eddie decided that he would be better off in a noose than on this earth anymore, so very sad to think anyone can ever end up with a thought process like that.

So if it helps, say it, if you're feeling down, tell someone. But most Important of all for the rest of us who are LUCKY enough to have our black dogs on a leash and under control DO SOMETHING! Just ask your mate "are you ok?" and when he says what most of us blokes will say "yeah I'm fine" that's when you step up as a friend and say "no, really, are you OK"??
THE SEXMAX.....coming soon to an Evo race near you!!! Lining up right along side the soon to be released TEDMAX!!!

CHECK OUT THE NEW FACEBOOK PAGE FOR VERi. VINTAGE ENDURO RIDERS INCORPORATED.

.https://www.facebook.com/pages/VERi-Vinduro/169617676550236

Offline kim80y

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 05, 2012, 07:54:20 pm »
I don't think you'll find too many depression forums on the Internet where anyone will ever say "hey so do you like old bikes too??" and even if there was lets face it not many of us would be logging on to that kinda forum would we?? My point is i think it's fantastic that a common interest forum such as this makes people so comfortable that they have felt "safe" to share a little about themselves and what they might be going through when otherwise maybe they wouldn't tell anyone at all, or maybe the wrong people who want offer anything to help the scenario, good on all the guys who've been brave enough to let us know that the black dog is with them, or maybe just visits a little too often.

This week my father lost a friend he has known for 50 years, the best man from his wedding and a good family friend to us all. Although it was apparent and admitted to everyone that he was suffering major depression nobody thought to the degree it turned out to be. Eddie decided that he would be better off in a noose than on this earth anymore, so very sad to think anyone can ever end up with a thought process like that.

So if it helps, say it, if you're feeling down, tell someone. But most Important of all for the rest of us who are LUCKY enough to have our black dogs on a leash and under control DO SOMETHING! Just ask your mate "are you ok?" and when he says what most of us blokes will say "yeah I'm fine" that's when you step up as a friend and say "no, really, are you OK"??

Too true, its reasons like this that I work in community services, too many friends and family are no longer because in past times people were not as open or up front.
In todays society the issue is growing......
So R U OK guys, talk to someone, it may just turn things around,
Lifeline, Beyond Blue and the Black Dog institute are all great resources too, I worked for and also used a few of them over the years.

Cheers,
Kim 8)

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 05, 2012, 08:23:08 pm »

well said rookie,
As someone who has been in this area (theres always light at the end of the tunnel)
postive thinking , feel wanted and needed and try and talk to someone may be a friend or family or even the neighbour
It is hard a lot of people dont like you talking about it, seems to be a no no in some cicrles.
try and slowly change things in your life that you know is not helping the way you feel ( stress , work etc )
some days I felt I needed someone to give me a smack up the back of the head to snap me out of it...
Try and and keep away from the bottle etc it wont help at all...
and yes as said on other posts just needs some to say ( you ok ) 8)
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 08:25:11 pm by mick25 »

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 05, 2012, 08:24:51 pm »
No drama here Walter . Take care ya silly bugger. :) Tim754

Looking at this (lets face it's a motorcycle forum!) off center topic I started one day whilst being belted by the black dog, I am staggered by the amount of friends met or not as yet, that genuinely understand what a debilitating thing unwell mental health can be.  
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2013, 05:50:31 pm »
With the suicide death of a local 21 year old on the weekend and mental health issues still in our community.
This gentleman's thread needed a reboot, with a HOOT that was had at the Bridgetown Grass Track on Sunday.
Pony Express Teams where made up and the racing was on,who could change there undies fastest.  :P
Monies being raised on the day for Prostrate Cancer.  8)
Superb donations and team sports the winners of the day

even the kiwis where doing it !!
http://www.blueseptember.org.nz/news/Undies-on-the-outside-deliver-a-serious-message-45.php
thanks to pre85mxwa fb page for photo
« Last Edit: October 01, 2013, 05:52:06 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2013, 06:32:41 pm »
Good stuff Ali. Sad to hear about the young bloke though. It seems depression knows no boundries of age, wealth or standing. Good on you for giving this thread a bump along with the article otherwise I never would have got to read it. And thanks to all who had posted their experiences with the black dog.

The bastard has been walking with me for a few years now and it seems I'm stuck with it. I'm classified by the quacks and psychs as being "chronically depressed" from having acquired brain injury syndrome. It seems you can't hit ya head too many times without repercussions. I'm not ashamed to talk about "it", but life can be a battle out in the world. I try to stay positive even though my life has changed dramatically. I lost my business, a lot of supposed friends, my old club, the other half, Shit, for a while it seemed as if even my dogs didn't want to know me. I used to get agro at the drop of a hat and didn't understand why. I honestly thought it was somebody else's fault. Luckily for me I got tired of being cranky and having melt downs and went and told the Doc about it. Now I'm just tired and lack any enthusiasm for life. At least the medication I am on now stops my agro, and the hounds seem to enjoy me again.

My shed and working on and restoring/building bikes keeps me kinda sane, even if I don't get to ride/race as often as I dream of doing like I did before the dog attached itself to me.

While ever I'm alive, there is hope that everything will be roses again.
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline Richo52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2013, 09:00:07 pm »
Good on you guys talking about this topic.Im a Psychiatric nurse by profession so know a thing or too about it.The best cure keep on riding,racing and restoring whatever era bikes and be social........you mad bastards LOL :-)Richard.
SOME BIKES AND CARS

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2013, 10:53:50 pm »
The best cure keep on riding,racing and restoring whatever era bikes and be social........you mad bastards LOL :-)Richard.
Absolutely.....an idle mind is a perfect mixing bowl for bad ju ju. Avoiding black dog attacks can be pretty damn difficult but by keeping your mind on the positive and your hands on your projects the pain can be greatly softened. The shed and a Sidchrome in hand are the best dog repellent I know.
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Iain Cameron

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2013, 11:52:43 pm »
Its good to re read this thread . Iain
Yamaha tragic ; dt1, rt1, dt2, rt2, dt2mx , rt2mx , mx250, mx360,sc500, 74dt125, yzx125, yzc250, yzc400, yzd250, yzd400, yzh250, yzh80 , dt100 , xr75 ko xr80 03 , it175 82 . Not a member of any club