Author Topic: Beyond Blue  (Read 21926 times)

TooFastTim

Re: Beyond Blue
« Reply #45 on: October 05, 2010, 06:13:04 pm »
Guys, back from RNS. Turned out I was having a panic attack but my stress levels are on the stupid side. I've been put on some anti-depressant. Doc wanted to prescribe something that would keep me manic (with apologies to the bipolar crowd) I said I needed something would keep me even but numb the (emotional) pain.

I'll write more later when I can get to terms with what has happened.

Curly3

« Reply #46 on: October 05, 2010, 06:23:23 pm »
Glad to hear that Tim, stay positive.

TooFastTim

« Reply #47 on: October 05, 2010, 06:29:18 pm »
P.S. thanks to all for your messages of support. I'm really not up to talking to anybody at the 'mo and would rather be in bed bawling my eyes out. Sadly "real men" don't cry.

The whole situation stems back to South Africa where I was made redundant. It was the reason I left that country, that and the future of my sons. Two years without a job can scar you. Moved to NZ and I was made redundant there too. Picked up on the job I had (actually, officially, I still have it) but the redundancy has cut me to the quick.

Problem is I'm middle management and oddly qualified so getting another job is gonna be difficult. There are options available but they will only transpire once the visa has expired.

My marriage really conked out about ten years ago, it just too me 9 to realize it but we still live under the same roof. It's a bloody acrimonious co-existance.

Then I met Her. But my increasing stress levels have resulted in me buggering it up.

Christ, what a mess.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 05, 2010, 06:29:27 pm »
Turned out I was having a panic attack but my stress levels are on the stupid side. I've been put on some anti-depressant.

Try to google the anti depressent and become familiar with what it will do and what the side effects are. You may have to tweak or change what you are taking or use a combination of things. Anything with 'ene' or 'rin' on the end should get the job done.

If you are having anxiety attacks then you may have to treat it over an extended period of time, as you accumulated your anxiety over a period of time. Its also pretty surprising the physical effect anxiety attacks can have, but don't panic most of them are just scary but won't kill you.

formerly Marc.com

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 05, 2010, 06:50:55 pm »
Try to google the anti depressent and become familiar with what it will do and what the side effects are. You may have to tweak or change what you are taking or use a combination of things. Anything with 'ene' or 'rin' on the end should get the job done.

Whatever you do, don't google anything. Self analysis and self diagnosis are extremely dangerous even when you are feeling 100% [and that assumes that the google information you recieve is actually accurate].

If you have any doubts or any side effects that are worrying you, go back to the doctor immediately and discuss it with him [or her]. If you aren't happy with what you hear, ask for a second opinion. Don't ever take matters into your own hands - a little knowledge can be a very dangerous thing when you are dealing with medication.

Really good to hear that you have sought treatment. It sounds trite, but that first step is really important. You have a lot of supporters here, don't be afraid to use them.

Jeff
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2010, 07:08:48 pm »

Whatever you do, don't google anything. Self analysis and self diagnosis are extremely dangerous even when you are feeling 100% [and that assumes that the google information you recieve is actually accurate].
Jeff
[/quote]

Don't agree, you need to become familiar with what you are taking, be informed and take an active role in figuring out what works. It is likely that whatever you were prescribed after 10 minutes discussion in A&E may not be where you finally end up.

Self analysis and empowerment is very much part of the process both of drug regime and cognitative therapy, nobody else is inside your head except you.

formerly Marc.com

TooFastTim

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2010, 07:18:55 pm »
Be informed, but don't assume you're an expert.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2010, 07:36:21 pm »

Exactly.

Keep up the good work, and keep us up to date with your progress, there are a lot of people looking out for your around here.
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

mx250

« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2010, 07:46:18 pm »
Google and the internet is a quick and easy way to get a quick grasp on any subject, but proceed with caution.

I trust conventional medicine in every regard, but I have a 'weary eye' to the convenience of conventional medicine and an open mind to the alternatives.

Good luck Tim. I think your openness here bodes well for you and is helpful to all of us. Thanks and all the best.

TooFastTim

« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2010, 12:10:45 pm »
Slept well last night. Must have been the valium they gave me at RNS. Feeling battered and bruised this morning. As if I have a mild hangover. Much calmer.

Social worker at RNS said they might be able to intervene re: visa issues. It's not like I'm unskilled.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2010, 12:18:35 pm »
Morning TooFastTim,
Thanks for dropping into the forum.  8)
Hope the procces of the visa favours you well  :P
Good times ahead.
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline T250K

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2010, 04:39:18 pm »
Tim,
     Last week I spent two days with a switched on young bloke based in Sydney who may be able to help you with the job situation.    From what I saw he would also have a good handle on the black dog and the relationship issues.

The ' Job ' would involve self employment and the ability to earn good money legally   :).   That could mean using your middle management skills and never having to worry about redundancy again.

If that could be of interest drop me a PM and I'll see if He's able to call you.     Keep your shoulder down Tim, tomorrow's a whole new game.       Cheers,      Mike.

TM BILL

« Reply #57 on: October 06, 2010, 05:04:09 pm »
Tim mate count your limbs all still there , the sun will still come up tomorrow and with it brings a new day  :) can you hear that noise ? mate that oppertunity knocking  ;) its all out there for you mate . Your obviously having a shit time at the moment but that will pass  :)
Your obviously a good Bastard (inspite of being a Saffie ) cos your a VMxer  ;D
A bloke once told me as one door closes another one slams in your face  ::) good news is he was full a shit  :P mate the world is your lobster  :)

Its great that you are able to share the bad times with your mates on here as well as the good times , and look at the support you got.

Mate your not on your own  :) i know you have been to NZ if it goes tits up over there for you come back here for a bit ( must be a cheap flight coming this way cos every buggers going over there  ;D )

Sod the medication come spend some time with me in Taupo , ill show you some herbal medication gaurenteed to make you forget your troubles  ;)

Seriously though hang in there Tim mate it all works out in the end  :) you gotta remember life aint a MX you dont get a practice  ;) this is it the real thing , were doing it and as another fella told me were theres a will theres a relative  ;D

Mate tomorrow is the first day of the rest of your life  ;D enjoy , come to Taupo well go riding , drink piss and play up and its all on taupo time ask Jeff  :)

TooFastTim

« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2010, 05:17:36 pm »
The ' Job ' would involve self employment and the ability to earn good money legally   :).   That could mean using your middle management skills and never having to worry about redundancy again.

At the mo' Mike I have to be employed. The money ain't the issue. I got a payout for them breaching contract. Piss-off is that it was written into my contract that they would sponsor PR. They bailed on that too.

TM, I have PR in NZ but the job situation there is worse than it is here (for me). Depends how I slant my CV. There are three, possibly four, jobs in the offing. Three in the big smoke and one up in Brisbane. It's just timing.

TM BILL

« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2010, 05:35:53 pm »
Tim mate thats the key  :) slant your CV  ;) if you believe it they will beleive it  :) in a perfect world we would all play by the marquis of queensbury rules , but the reality is its a street fight and you gotta punch low in todays job market .

I dont know your situation but try to be flexible and above all believe in yourself  ;) Iv'e buried to many good mates who tipped over early stressing about women and the mighty $  ::) fork it , remember mate YOU are the most important person on this planet and you have a shit load to offer employers and anyone around you  :)

Try to think outside the box , Mate its all out there waitin for yer  :) and it will come right  ;)