Author Topic: Gently Bentley  (Read 2066 times)

firko

Gently Bentley
« on: July 22, 2009, 10:43:51 am »
Most NSW racers know Jonathon Houston who races a variety of cool Italian bikes including a couple of concourse Aspes and a trick Ducati 450RT. For a living Jonathon restores classic cars and his work is amongst the best in the world.
www.vintagemotorgarage.com
Jonesy and I recently visited his business at Central Mangrove and were blown away by the workmanship on the many restos being undertaken, including a Jag similar to mine. I personally fell in love with the Bentley shown in the following clip.That's Jonathon doing the fire up.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GArVaafNV-w 
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 10:45:29 am by firko »

Curly3

Re: Gently Bentley
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 05:38:05 pm »
Impressive.
Craftsmanship and attention to detail is second to none. And not a puff of smoke.

firko

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2009, 01:11:14 pm »
Going by the lack of much response to the first post of the completion of Jonathon Hustons Bentley it appears that not many of you are interested in the work a fellow vintage racer does away from two wheels. Anyway, to those who know Jonothan and respect the amazingly detailed work he does, here's part 2 of the Bentley relaunch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SNXZQ0OaF-U&feature=channel

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2009, 01:17:20 pm »
Is it twin-shock?

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2009, 03:47:00 pm »
a mate of mine built a camero ss conv from body shell and 4 box trail loads of spears.it took 2 years but he won best conv in summer nats 2 years in a row,the car was then banned from the class he entered as other people complained it was too good and no one could bet it.i now first hand the dedication involved in building a masterpeice on 4 wheels.he sold the car for cost of parts alone 56k.now he has a great looking corvette and a 68 firebird(his steet racer)bothe imaculate.bikes are easy compaired to cars.i cant see the vid as i am at work and they dont let ytube in.
cheers
jim

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2009, 04:55:29 pm »
 g'day firko, i believe that place did a resto on a 1929 auburn speedster some years ago, i would like to see some pix of it if they're around!. my old man had one in 1953 and i loved it. it was fitted with the genuine accessory 18 inch centre lock wheels. Pop rescued it from a farmer who was about to chop it up to make a ute! Unfortunately the bloke he sold it to changed it to look like a '36 852 speedster which looked good but was no longer the real thing. dont know what happend to it since. one day i would like to look through the vintage motor garage. they probably know of my brother who is a car restorer of some note. cheers wally cox.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Curly3

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2009, 05:09:09 pm »
I've got a partly restored ( chassis & mechanicals only ) 1954 Packard Clipper Deluxe Side Valve Straight Eight if anyone is interested in taking on a similar project?

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2009, 10:37:29 pm »
hi all love old cars resto rod type stuff mainly been involved in a couple my brother built ek holden 3" roof chop welded rear doors shut extended front doors by 1.5 feet removed door pillars.pink austin a40 with v6 chev.ive owned old holdens mostly hq premier sedan 3rd owner all paper work from new,hg premier lowered whitewalls factory white cloth trim very rare. :o cheers gary

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2009, 10:47:59 pm »
i also have relos down southern highlands nsw who have a 1927 chev sedan with 1100 genuine miles on it it was used once a week for a short trip to the shpos,now stored in a barn motor ran and only had surface rust on 1 front door about 10 years ago.it was last regoed in 1972 1973.cheers gary

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2009, 11:04:16 pm »
Somewhere in my life I would so love to restore a certain 1904 Jelbart tractor I have privy to.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

firko

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2009, 11:24:52 am »
Here's the third and final clip on Jonothans superb resto of the '24 Bentley.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=VintageMotorGarage&view=videos

oldfart

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2009, 12:27:12 pm »
Mark , truely remarkable ....and it only took 20 months  :o  did they have a oil or water leak at 7 minutes .    What's the other project in background ( white coupe )

Curly3

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2009, 04:38:01 pm »
That is BBBBeautiful.

211kawasaki

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2009, 05:50:12 pm »
Wow

the Velocette of motorcars!

firko

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2009, 06:16:30 pm »
What's the other project in background ( white coupe )
It's a '26 Alvis with a handformed alloy body made by Jonathon. It's his own car and is absolutely beautiful.