Author Topic: old fashioned service from Rickman  (Read 2831 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
old fashioned service from Rickman
« on: July 14, 2009, 11:41:04 am »
Still trying to convince Rickman to take my money. You would think me having money and them having  business would be a marriage made in heaven.

Anyone have a spare set of Rickman body work they want to sell, I have tank just need seat, sidecovers  and tail piece for Mk3 frame, colour is not important as i am spraying it.

formerly Marc.com

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: old fashioned service from Rickman
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 02:48:54 pm »
maybe they are busy building these

formerly Marc.com

firko

« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 03:17:05 pm »
I seriously can't believe that they are selling these things for the almost 14000 Brit quid ($29000aud) they're asking. I reckon the most wastefully extravagent of builders could put three 650 Triumph Metisses together for that kind of money. The bikes are nothing special, just your run of the mill standard 650 Triumph Metisse Mk3a with a 19" front wheel and a slick gunmetal grey paint job. You can buy equally or even better equipped bikes for 10-12k. Black Betty is way more exotic a Metisse than these puppies and she 'only' cost 15kau to build.
Steve McQueen would be rolling in his grave knowing that his name was being used for such a scam.

clutchslip

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 04:00:54 pm »

Just for the sake of clarity Marc, are you talking about

http://www.metisse-motorcycles.com/

OR

http://www.rickman-motorcycles.com/

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 05:20:26 pm »

Steve McQueen would be rolling in his grave knowing that his name was being used for such a scam.

What do you mean he issued the certificates of authenticity and signed them according to the blurb.

At the moment clutchslip I am trying to buy parts off Rickman not Mitesse....gets confusing I know.
formerly Marc.com

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 05:24:36 pm »
As a limited edition of 300 from Métisse, each one has its own framed and embossed certificate of authenticity. Steve McQueen’s signature is also on the tank badge of each bike.

I understand they have Elvis and Michael Jackson signed up to sign the next production run.  ;D
formerly Marc.com

mx250

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 06:02:58 pm »
I seriously can't believe that they are selling these things for the almost 14000 Brit quid ($29000aud) they're asking. I reckon the most wastefully extravagent of builders could put three 650 Triumph Metisses together for that kind of money. The bikes are nothing special, just your run of the mill standard 650 Triumph Metisse Mk3a with a 19" front wheel and a slick gunmetal grey paint job. You can buy equally or even better equipped bikes for 10-12k. Black Betty is way more exotic a Metisse than these puppies and she 'only' cost 15kau to build.
I think they are aimed at the 'well heeled' - those with the desire and boatload of money but who haven't got the time and expertise to build one themselves. As such I don't think they are too stupidly priced. They amaze me how they can get all those old bits together in the quantities that must be required. They must be a lot of running about and rooting about, time and money, to get it all together for a 'production' run.

When I win Lotto ::) I'll be happy to hand over $30,000 to have one in my garage ;D.

firko

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 06:33:37 pm »
They amaze me how they can get all those old bits together in the quantities that must be required. They must be a lot of running about and rooting about, time and money, to get it all together for a 'production' run.
When I win Lotto  I'll be happy to hand over $30,000 to have one in my garage .
There's nothing remotely exotic or rare there Graeme. It's all Triumph Bonneville mostly plus Norton forks and aftermarket rims and shockies. They made Bonnies by the millions. If you haven't got the time to build a Metisse well buy one off eBay or somewhere else. They often come up and most are seriously better equipped like I stated earlier.

Don't get me wrong, the McQueen replica looks the goods but 30k is Manx Norton money that's where I'd be spending my investment 30k. McQueens son Chad is the bloke who is cashing in on his old mans name here. It's a blatant money grab and Gerry Lisi from Metisse would have jumped at the opportunity after a probable drop in sales now that Metisses are no longer the hot ticket in UK pre 65.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 06:58:53 pm »
Gerry Lisi from Metisse would have jumped at the opportunity after a probable drop in sales now that Metisses are no longer the hot ticket in UK pre 65.

Gee whats the hot ticket in UK pre 65 Mark  ;)
formerly Marc.com

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2009, 07:55:17 pm »
One word comes to mind, that I have learn't in the VMX world in the last month .......CLONING  ;)   ;D
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2009, 11:09:03 pm »
 i will take your money for pr s.cvrs,seat,& tailpiece for your MK3,(in white gelcoat too) ;)
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2009, 09:09:53 am »
i will take your money for pr s.cvrs,seat,& tailpiece for your MK3,(in white gelcoat too) ;)

Thanks Mick, just sent you email.

Gel coat is not problem as I have to spray the tank..... I will give it all a lick of grey and start practicing Steve's signature.  ;)
formerly Marc.com