Author Topic: TS 185 74 model  (Read 7576 times)

firko

Re: TS 185 74 model
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2009, 10:58:09 pm »
Firko   Jens bike was running a kawaski chassis with a cush drive hub
Yeah...He's going back to the Suzuki chassis for the DT Nats he was telling me at Nepean. He'll hopefully be also riding my Boyd and Stelling TM400, perhaps with his own TS400 go fast engine if my trick one isn't finished in time.

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2009, 11:33:54 pm »
i found my 185 chassis was up to the job last xmas on my acre farm with shot fork seals and 25 year old tyres boucing off onion weeds ive never had so much fun and it didnt do anything crazy no mater how hard i pushed it on corners but i cant say the same for the ts250a thats a evil handling piece of crap that inspired no confindence in me to push it hard on corners and worst still in tight twisty dodge trees stuff where the 185 shined,Doc and others must be onto something here

DR

« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2009, 07:21:45 am »
I don't really feel the TS185 is anything special. Matter of fact the only 185 I've ever owned was a '77 although I now have the '81 ER. I don't hold any beliefs this model can be made into a 250 killer but they are a fun bike to ride and don't have many undesirable traits. I grew up with converted trailbikes hence the appeal, with my flyweight a 185 has much the same power to weight ratio as a heavier rider on a regular 250 but is far more 'flickable' for a smaller rider. The fact is the 185 'to me' feels better then it probably does to most others as they don't quite get the same performance. As a vinduro the bike is in it's element regardless of the riders weight and ability. It's not a PE but it will finish and may well finish ahead of many 'supposedly' better or more desirable models. Horses for courses ;)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2009, 12:11:49 pm »
Doc,  hard to say but it looks like a pro novice plate or depending on his licence/age it could also be a novice, junior sportman, and without a state letter on the plate its hard to really tell.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 12:14:56 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline BJJ

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Remote PC
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2010, 05:52:19 pm »
Reading and studying...

I don't really feel the TS185 is anything special. Matter of fact the only 185 I've ever owned was a '77 although I now have the '81 ER. I don't hold any beliefs this model can be made into a 250 killer but they are a fun bike to ride and don't have many undesirable traits. I grew up with converted trailbikes hence the appeal, with my flyweight a 185 has much the same power to weight ratio as a heavier rider on a regular 250 but is far more 'flickable' for a smaller rider. The fact is the 185 'to me' feels better then it probably does to most others as they don't quite get the same performance. As a vinduro the bike is in it's element regardless of the riders weight and ability. It's not a PE but it will finish and may well finish ahead of many 'supposedly' better or more desirable models. Horses for courses ;)