Author Topic: Two fantastic days of fun  (Read 1719 times)

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Two fantastic days of fun
« on: July 12, 2009, 06:18:42 pm »
Congratulations BMCC what a fantastic weekend. a great turn up yesterday, and today was brilliant full grids and full on riding 8) #906 Doug Sharples was taken off to hospital after a bit of a scare :(, I spoke to him just before, he will be kept in overnight for observation, and more test, he was in high spirits though, and feeling a lot better :) It was good to see Donny Thornton up from Coffs harbour, one of his team members had a bit of an unfortunate accident yesterday while kick starting a bike, Im sure I don't need to paint a picture as to what happens when you dont have all the right gear on and it kicks back Ouch Ouch We also had a rider over from WA, I didn't get his name but he was #37 and rode a Montessa. Once again thanks to BMCC and all the people that helped bring this event together.

Keep Smiling :)
Jackie Mac
Be kind to your neighbour!!

mainline

Re: Two fantastic days of fun
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2009, 08:31:23 pm »
Today was the best fun I've had for a while, very well run, so lots of riding despite the fairly high turnout.

Thanks to all who helped organise.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2009, 11:14:15 pm »
Thanks Jackiemac ...I'm sure those nomads are cruising the black top over your way at the moment...just hanging out for the Nationals I reckon   ;)   ;D   ain't life grand  8)
cheers West Oz
Best is in the West !!

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 07:27:45 am »

Hi Alison, Life is Grand ;)I hope they have as good a trip as we did when we went over to Narogin for the Nats. Look forward to catching with you, unfortunately we will only be there for the last day, but I will keep an eye out for you.

Jackie Mac

PS Flat track pictures are now up and ready to view.   www.vmxshotz.com 

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 09:45:28 am »
put "Double the Dirt" on your calender folks!
i lent a hand in the morning for the flat track on saturday and the roll up was damn mighty fine with a fair sprinkling of first timer flat trackers having a go. smiles all round i believe.
sundays MX was way cool too and the track is looking farkin brilliant and very professional with good layout for the flag marshall areas etc...
if your looking for a 2 day event this one will not dissapoint.
well done to all the BMCC members that have put in the effort to make this event what it was.
heres wishing Dougie Sharples all the best with his health. i spoke with him both days and he seemed in good health at the time. he's one of the good guys. get well soon mate.
"flat bickie"

Ji Gantor

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2009, 09:46:10 am »
Thanks to Russell, all the committee and volunteers.
The track was prepared perfectly.
The event ran like clock work.
There was only a few crashes which was a surprise seeing how fired up all the riders were.

I rode in the Pre78 250 class and I can tell you these guys meant business.
In the first race the fellow on my left of me leaned his bike on the rubber band so much that by the time the starter pulled the rope his rear wheel was in front of my front wheel.
The next race saw the rider on my right bash his elbow into mine off the start which borked my throttle hand.
In the third race I finally had a chance to launch properly and I was second behind Grant Black on his SWM with the automatic gear box. Man does that thing haul. It was like he had a flying start and by the end of the first lap he was already half a lap in front of me.

I was second behind Grant for the next race but the same thing happened, he just disappeared.
Behind me was a bunch of riders I would say about 8 that were so close together that it was like every corner was like the first. I ran wide in my second last race and all 8 went underneath me before I could get back onto the racing line, I am only talking about a 1 or 2 second mistake.

In my fourth race a fellow Maico rider tried to close me out on the second corner so I put the elbow on  him and that made him give racing room.

The nationals are going to be bar to bar or elbow to elbow.

Ji

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2009, 10:42:39 am »
Great photos jackie, that one of simeon on the berm, fantastic!!

also thanks for your nursing skills for poor dougie, first on the seen to provide assistance,
just,        ( next time please try to fit the oxygen mask the right way round )

WELL DONE. :D :

Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2009, 11:04:04 am »
Great photos jackie, that one of simeon on the berm, fantastic!!

also thanks for your nursing skills for poor dougie, first on the seen to provide assistance,
just,        ( next time please try to fit the oxygen mask the right way round )

WELL DONE. :D :

In my defence Graham, the mask was handed to me upside sown ;D ;D  ;D ;D ;D I did manage to turn it right way up before the oxygen was turned on though ;D ;D ;D

Jackie Mac