Author Topic: Benelli 650 flat tracker.  (Read 14028 times)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Benelli 650 flat tracker.
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2010, 10:16:46 pm »
Did I see a reference about building a Honda 754 flat tracker here somewhere?? ) ;D  Closely know a bloke that dreams of doing just that.......  ;)Cheers Tim754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

firko

Re: Benelli 650 flat tracker.
« Reply #31 on: November 12, 2010, 12:51:11 pm »
Now that the Cheney and my other little projects are out of the way I'm now getting stuck into the Benelli tracker, hopefully to debut at the HBBB next Easter. I'd had the engine set up in my original home made frame but seeing that I had a genuine Trackmaster sitting there doing nothing and probably would be for the forseeable future, Ive decided to go with it instead. The one proviso is that if I have to cut the bottom rails out to clear the sump as Gene Hartline did on his Trackmaster Benelli(see back on page 1 or 2) I'll can it and go back to the original frame choice. The Trackmaster is too rare and hard to find to chop it up for a fun bike. Below is a mock up I did this morning to check the feasibility. The engine seems to be sitting high but if you eye the crank centreline it's level with the swingarm pivot. The desirable spot. The forks are Yamaha R6 in '83 CR250 triple clamps and the wheel is from an RD350. The finished product will have Harley XR750750 Morris magnesium wheels.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 12:53:16 pm by firko »