Author Topic: Millfarm Scramble - Wandering WA  (Read 10690 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Millfarm Scramble - Wandering WA
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2009, 11:03:23 pm »
Local WA news is out....................http://vmxwa.com/Reports/wandering_2009.html
I'd like to say I was well behaved the night before,as I had official duties of checking spoke's/wheels and carbies on those pre75 bikes. ;D well actually ticking off names and checking out the eye candy anyway  :P
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2009, 03:31:51 pm »
hey CG your on page nine at the pointy end  ;D

YOU'RE RIGHT I was pointing at the end  >:( >:( >:( >:( ??? ???
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 30, 2010, 11:18:54 am »
Believe entries have hit 85 ,will be another ripper pre75 event at Wandering Mill Farm.  8)
We get to see some very nice bikes at Mill Farm, that we don't normally see during the rest of the race season  :P
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2010, 09:19:18 pm »
Legend has landed on our shores..
Vic Allan MBE (Scotland)
Born in 1945 in Garlogie, Aberdeenshire, Scotland, Vic started Riding at 10yrs old on 1916 Levis two stroke and won his first race at 14yrs old.  Vic was a regular competitor from 1961 onwards riding Trials, Grass Track, Scrambling and Road Racing.

In 1965 Vic won his first of two 250 & 500c.c. Scottish Championships riding a Dot and an ex Bill Gwynne Matchless Metisse and rode his first ever GP at Glastonbury in Somerset riding a 250c.c. Dot, and the following year competed in Northern Ireland, Scotland and Northern England winning regularly.

Riding his first International event in 1967 Switzerland resulting in his first win abroad and competing in the ITV World of Sport and BBC Grandstand Series with a little help from Greeves.

Vic became a regular competitor in British Championship races after becoming a full works rider for Greeves and later swapping to BSA, Bultaco, British CCM, Husqvarna and KTMs, and Winter of 1969 was spent competing in the Trans Am Series in America, testing the new Greeves Griffin and riding against all the World Champions.

In 1974 Vic became the first person to win both the 250 and the 500c.c. British Championships,  then in 1976 after changing to a British CCM machine he achieved his 2nd British Championship.  1979 however became the year of Vic’s retirement from professional riding.  He changed to the Austrian made KTM’s finishing in the top ten after an early accident.  Finally representing Great Britain in the Moto-cross and Trophy des Nations, a great way to finish a career as a professional Moto-cross rider.

In the late 80’s Vic started classic road racing doing short circuit and the Manx GP in the Isle of Man. At 43 years old Vic won the very first British Four Stroke Championship on a KTM clinching the Championship at the last round, a hip replacement in 1990 curtailed the off road riding, but 1998 saw Vic and his brother Robbie start racing a Yamaha R6 in the UK Endurance Road Race Championship Series and the 600c.c. championship in 2002.

He has since been  training off road riders for over thirty eight years, and for over twenty four years has run Projects for Councils working with Young Offenders and people at risk, putting off road bikes to good use, and in 2004 earned an MBE for twenty three years work with Young Offenders in Camden.
Best is in the West !!

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2010, 09:38:42 pm »
Maybe you could ask him where my throttle is Alison ;D It was 35 years ago when he borrowed it off me, maybe he has forgotten ;D

Regards Stan.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2010, 09:54:36 pm »
Maybe you could ask him where my throttle is Alison ;D It was 35 years ago when he borrowed it off me, maybe he has forgotten ;D
Regards Stan.

No maybe-I sure will ! tell him how you been in therapy over it and never quiet been the same since,heart broken kid you was-hey !   ;)   ;D  ;D

http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=14179.msg142030#msg142030
Best is in the West !!

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2010, 10:02:17 pm »
Regards Stan.

No maybe-I sure will ! tell him how you been in therapy over it and never quiet been the same since,heart broken kid you was-hey !   ;)   ;D  ;D

http://ozvmx.com/community/index.php?topic=14179.msg142030#msg142030

How did you know ??? ??? ???

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 12, 2010, 10:46:43 am »
Perth airport continues to bring in more legends ,with Rob & Sandy Wicks from South Africa  8)
Rob Wicks is a multiple club, provincial and national motocross and endure champion of the late 70’s and 80’s.

His achievements include 1977 Roof of Africa Winner.  The Roof of Africa Rally has been notorious as one of the world’s toughest off-road events and over the 35 odd years of competition, includes the following overseas winners Malcolm Smith (USA), E Andreoletti (Italy), M Watts (Aus), J Meyer (Germany) and C Birch (NZ).

He is also the 1978 South African 250 Motocross Champion and recipient of National Springbok Colours.

This year he has competed in USA in the “Legends of Motocross – Round 1 National Vintage Series” finishing 4th overall in both Sportsman 500 Expert and vintage +50 Expert respectively.

After two rounds of 2009 South African VMX National Challenge he ended 1st Classic Pre-75 Class, 2nd Twinshock Pre-80 Class, 1st Evo Pre-85 Class and 3rd 50+ Class.
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2010, 09:58:57 pm »
You really just had to be there  :P  :P

Best is in the West !!

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2010, 06:36:13 am »
Any more photos Alison

Cheers
Fatboy

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2010, 09:52:53 am »
I only took a few, as I was busy all day waving a checkered flag at South Africans,Scottish and Husqvarna riders hammering passed me at a great rate of knots..More pics coming up on vmxwa.com website soon.
You really really had to be there  ;D
from left Pres Pete-Sandy-Nick-Mick-Vic Allan.
Sandy Wicks collecting her days trophy.

and the new swinger gettin some tips and his trophy from Vic Allan  ;)  ;D

« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 10:26:58 am by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2010, 11:32:13 am »
Hot off the press from Christine @ Feral Photography in Perth.. :P
These bikes and riders can go.........

Best is in the West !!

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 16, 2010, 11:51:02 am »
Rob Wick says Vic Allan does mind an elbow or shoulder still
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 16, 2010, 11:56:46 am »
Rob Wick says Vic Allan does'nt mind an elbow or shoulder still

I believe they both don't mind doing it to the lacky start gate operator either  :D
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 16, 2010, 11:59:24 am »
was great to see, and even more to come in a fortnight with more riders turning up
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250