Author Topic: I wonder what happened......  (Read 4749 times)

mx250

I wonder what happened......
« on: June 10, 2009, 12:56:24 pm »
.....here.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=120431368774

Was listed for less than a day I think. Whatcha reckon, got an offer he couldn't refuse :o ::).

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: I wonder what happened......
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 12:59:52 pm »
i was looking at that no wonder i couldnt find it when i searched for it again :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2009, 03:16:40 pm »
An already Montesa owner and forum member now owns it. (Not me.) I'm sure he'll reveal all soon.
Cheers,
K

Offline cappra

• Legend
  • Glendale, Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Southwest Montesa
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2009, 04:27:50 pm »
Hint:  He has a VF 250...........

All Things 414

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 04:32:55 pm »
Yeah. Great. I was winning on that! There's a lot of pulling going on........

mx250

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 05:44:46 pm »
An already Montesa owner and forum member now owns it. (Not me.) I'm sure he'll reveal all soon.
Cheers,
K
That's great 8). I happy to see it go to someone who will value, restore and keep it in Oz. I was thinking it was snapped up by one of those well heeled Spanish collectors. I know the GP360 is sort after and attracts good money. I wouldn't think the two fiddy would be far behind in collectability or value.

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2009, 08:50:38 am »
You gotta be quick Ross, it's dog eat dog out there. I spoke with the new owner who told me he also was sick of bidding on things only to have them pulled before the end. He decided to join those who ask the questions, negotiated a deal with the owner, and now it's his. Ebay bidders miss out. I say good luck and well done. I nearly bought a clockwork orange once but couldn't get my head around the right side gear shift. From memory I think 090 ended up with that one, don't think he still has it though.
Cheers,
K

All Things 414

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2009, 06:45:02 pm »
That's great 8). I happy to see it go to someone who will value, restore and keep it in Oz. I was thinking it was snapped up by one of those well heeled Spanish collectors. I know the GP360 is sort after and attracts good money. I wouldn't think the two fiddy would be far behind in collectability or value.

Yeah. Well. I would have valued it, restored it, kept it in Oz, stroked it, kissed it and been all round nice to it!
Let's just hope it doesn't end up with a set of side-covers made out of warning signs..... :-\

runutz698

« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2009, 07:01:24 pm »
It is not a set it is only one if I could get one out of fibreglass I would, Warning signs don't come in orange!!! :)
« Last Edit: June 11, 2009, 07:04:27 pm by runutz698 »

All Things 414

« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2009, 07:03:23 pm »
I would have thought they did!  :-[

runutz698

« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2009, 09:47:49 am »
I am not going to get into an argument about this, I am sorry you missed out, I have missed out on so many bikes I have been watching because people ring up and offer cash. It turns out ebay is not an auction site just another way to advertise. I missed out on a GT500, CR250, GT750 Water Bottle, CZ all in the last month because of people giving cash straight up. I thought to myself can't beat them join them!!!

All Things 414

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2009, 11:45:23 am »
Mate. I'm not arguing. I'm saying that I would have thiought WARNING SIGNS would be orange in colour. Or Fluoro. As for the bike, I couldn't care. Congrats. But I'm still tickled pink by the VR that I just snapped up..... ;)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2009, 12:47:33 pm »
yeR THAT WAS MY vr YOU BASTARD 414, STOLEN FROM UNDER ME.............. I TELLS YA, STOLEN FROM UNDER ME :'(
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

montynut

« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2009, 12:57:28 pm »
Tom, I think Ross was baiting you and you took it hook, line, sinker, reel, rod, and most of the river bank with it  ::) :-[. Bad boy Ross, bad boy just quiet down and play with the VR you stole from under my nose you rotten one of those that Freakshow said >:( :( :'(. Do you never sleep! ::)

Anyway Tom hope it turns up safely and is as described. I have come by some early Montesa spares  ;) that my be able to help you out so give me a email if you get stuck.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 01:06:37 pm by montynut »

runutz698

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2009, 01:04:55 pm »
Now ross missed out on the clockwork orange he is staying up all night with coffee and no doz to get the bargins he won't miss out again!!!!