Poll

Where should CD7 be held? Remember, this is just to see what people think, it's not a formal part of any decision making the guys from VMX might be doing!

Victoria
34 (24.6%)
New South Wales
29 (21%)
Queensland
66 (47.8%)
Tasmania
2 (1.4%)
South Australia
7 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 79

Author Topic: CD7...........  (Read 22035 times)

TM BILL

Re: CD7...........
« Reply #105 on: June 12, 2009, 05:17:43 pm »
pass the pop corn doc

Under the circumstances shouldn't it be pass the tortillas or Enchiladas  ;)

gator

« Reply #106 on: June 12, 2009, 05:22:45 pm »
Hey Bill that's forken funny   :-*
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 05:28:30 pm by gator »

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #107 on: June 12, 2009, 05:25:27 pm »
pull your head in sport and don't generalise, not everyone can make it due to work family whatever, if they want to go bad enough they will travel like anyone else in this country. not all Victorians share what you perceive as a 300Km Mentality. for forks sake, buy a full lenght mirror and have a good look at yourself. i don't know why but that comment really pissed me off.

Hoony, I didn't think he was generalising there...he didn't say he meant all Victorians by any means.  There were indeed some of our most loyal Victorian colleagues at CD6 and that was great!  ;D

What I can say however is that only 2.5% of the riders at CD6 were Victorian.  Compare this to 22.5% being from NSW.  Now I know that there is an extra 900km involved, but to be honest we would have thought that there would have been more from Victoria, given that is supposed to have a strong representation in VMX.   ;)

DR

« Reply #108 on: June 12, 2009, 05:29:27 pm »
Do I hear a vote for Darwin? ;D

gator

« Reply #109 on: June 12, 2009, 05:30:55 pm »
Darwin yes out at shady camp :-[

gator

« Reply #110 on: June 12, 2009, 05:33:02 pm »
Is anybody going down to Tassie with Ross ??? :D come on mark :D

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: June 12, 2009, 06:26:59 pm »
pull your head in sport and don't generalise, not everyone can make it due to work family whatever, if they want to go bad enough they will travel like anyone else in this country. not all Victorians share what you perceive as a 300Km Mentality. for forks sake, buy a full lenght mirror and have a good look at yourself. i don't know why but that comment really pissed me off.

Hoony, I didn't think he was generalising there...he didn't say he meant all Victorians by any means.  There were indeed some of our most loyal Victorian colleagues at CD6 and that was great!  ;D

What I can say however is that only 2.5% of the riders at CD6 were Victorian.  Compare this to 22.5% being from NSW.  Now I know that there is an extra 900km involved, but to be honest we would have thought that there would have been more from Victoria, given that is supposed to have a strong representation in VMX.   ;)

Alistar , I am sure that there were more Victorians who wished that they could have been there than actaully got there(Hoony and Myself for eg) Unfortunately in my case when you hav ebeen out of work all year and you suddely get a job the decision is made for you.As good as the turnout was I imagine that it would have been even better if it hadn't been for factors of the economy

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #112 on: June 12, 2009, 06:30:47 pm »
i think if its only going to be held in QLD from now on i think it will alienate a lot of people. It should be rotated around different venus.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 06:38:54 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

TT

« Reply #113 on: June 12, 2009, 06:34:34 pm »
You have to remember though, that this event has to make money.
The VMX boys, Suzuki etc etc need to get some sort of return for what must be a huge investment. They might be enthusiasts, but they need to feed their families too.
And the only way to get that return is to get bums on seats.
As much as I hate to say it, taking it away from the Eastern states would limit the event's ability for that to happen.

TM BILL

« Reply #114 on: June 12, 2009, 06:49:45 pm »
i think if its only going to be held in QLD from now on i think it will alienate a lot of people.

I dont think anyone has said it will only be held in QLD from now on  ::)
I have been to CDs in Victoria NSW and now QLD  :) as long as we have a CD7 i will do all i have to so i can get there even if its on the forking moon .

Green park Conondale is a fantastic facility and lends itsself to the event perfectly , Barabool is a fantastic track but unless they allow camping then you will never capture the atmosphere that CD5 or 6 had.

Really enjoyed Raymond terrace but at the rate the event is evolving it has already outgrown the venue.

Ill go with Ross to Tassie if thats where its going to be , iv'e given myself an uppercut for missing the last 2 nationals down there and i wont make the same mistake  ::)

Should the event go out to WA so be it , Allison can i book a campsite on your lawn now just in case  ;D

NT well never been there so look forward to the experience be a chance to check out Curlys collection  :)

End of the day dont give a fork where it is i just hope it happens  :)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: June 12, 2009, 06:55:23 pm »
Another factor in the low turnout from Victoria is the fact that alot of guys are doing the Nats in August. Its a big call to travel up for both events when you basically need a week each time and the two are only 8 weeks apart.
Also we had the Honda Bonanza a few weeks ago which was a great event also .
As good as  ClassicDirt is , with the growing popularity of VMX and now Vinduro I think that its possible that we will see more of these types of events around the country .Look at America they have events all over the place from one end of the country to the other.
Its all good .

Offline PERM250

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: June 12, 2009, 07:04:06 pm »
forking moon bill.    i think that will be cd 27. hope i can get to that one .if there all as good as the last two.had a great CD6.but i must say i don,t like rum that much any more.

Offline marshallmech

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: June 12, 2009, 07:11:52 pm »
I,m from Vic and have been to CD4/5. I could not make it to 6 to catch up with some of the great
people I met at CD4/5.Yes cost of travel being one reason but not the only one.
But after reading all the posts here I cant belive that some of the people on this forum are turning it into
a state versus state shit fight. Its about the bikes not about where your from .Boys get over it and grow up!!!!!!

Andy  Viper #70
« Last Edit: June 12, 2009, 07:47:37 pm by marshallmech »
Andy Viper #70
Honda CR125 RB
Honda CR125RC
Honda CR125RA
Honda CR250RZ
Honda Z50A

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: June 12, 2009, 07:17:14 pm »
well said Andy, Direct and to the point.

and that's the last you will hear from me on this topic.

Hoon out !
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Devilman

« Reply #119 on: June 12, 2009, 08:10:28 pm »
can I change my vote????  ::) Instead of victoria make it Tazzy.... that'll double our score! :-X