Author Topic: Robs Replica Rubber Reproduction - Highly Recommended supplier  (Read 2786 times)

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Robs Replica Rubber Reproduction - Highly Recommended supplier
« on: October 11, 2007, 06:15:26 pm »
i have been meaning to do this for awhile.

I needed some chain sliders and had a NOS item (no longer available) and emailed Rob for a price and turnaround time. he quoted $25 (he had to make a mould of my item as well). very good value i reckon so i said i will take 2 as well as return of my NOS item.

well after a week or so Rob informed me he had done the mould and would make the sliders when he had time, i asked him to tell me how to pay him and then they turned up in the next week in excellant condition.

I emailed him back about payment and he said we are square. i felt guilty as it has cost him time and money and return postage but he would not take payment.

i am by no means suggesting that he will do this with every one but i am most impressed and highly recommend Robs for Quality and service.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 07:58:12 pm by Hoony »
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Doc

Re: Robs Replica Rubber Reproduction - Highly Recommended supplier
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2007, 08:09:54 pm »
Rob's been extremely quiet and I'm not even sure he has rejoined the new forum but I'll second all of what you say Hoony. He's a top bloke and the more NOS samples he gets the more molds he can make and the more models he can cover  ;)   

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2007, 10:19:52 pm »
did they ever make a arm guide for the TM and the MX ? both my bike cut out on the pivot point, is there a universal, zip tie, come cover, come stop my chain eating my arm made or sold - - - Rob if your in here -- speak !
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2007, 10:31:13 pm »
Rob does make some Very nice bits and  the above is typical of his good nature.

as for the chain eating the swing arm. on the TS i sourced a Nylon chopping board and cut a strip and hit it with a heat gun and bent it round and self tapered it on.
 Too easy and i have heaps of spares all for $5

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2007, 02:30:11 pm »
Rob does make some Very nice bits and  the above is typical of his good nature.

as for the chain eating the swing arm. on the TS i sourced a Nylon chopping board and cut a strip and hit it with a heat gun and bent it round and self tapered it on.
 Too easy and i have heaps of spares all for $5

yes i was thinking about somthing similar but the part where i affixed it to the frame hurt my head,  did you just drill into the frame or weld lugs ?
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff