Author Topic: Can't believe.......  (Read 8493 times)

All Things 414

Re: Can't believe.......
« Reply #30 on: June 04, 2009, 08:36:51 pm »
If it's a VR it ain't too original with the shocks laid forward like that!  :-\ C'mon! I know that is what everone used to do with them in their day but you can hardly descibe it as 'original'  ::)

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 04, 2009, 08:42:16 pm »
THE SHOCKS DONT EVEN LOOK LIKE THEY ATTACHED AT THE TOP TO THE BIKE

All Things 414

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2009, 08:48:06 pm »
Yeah. Weird. ??? I wonder why there's no pics of the right hand side?....
« Last Edit: June 04, 2009, 08:58:05 pm by All Things 414 »

mx250

« Reply #33 on: June 04, 2009, 10:07:01 pm »
Tell him he's dreaming ;D.

If you paid $2000 for yours Ross that's a $550 bike, maybe :P.

I wonder what he means by "This Montesa is not a reproduction its original".  Are they making reproduction Monties? Sign me up 8).

All Things 414

« Reply #34 on: June 05, 2009, 06:50:52 am »
Yeah. I'll take half a dozen  ;).........

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 05, 2009, 02:47:42 pm »
I think they might be aiming a little high.  ::) They had the same bike on there a while ago for about 9.5 Grand!

yep im not sure it had the smash in the rear guard last time or the yellow front guard, me things there has been some swapping out sinbce the last advert. IM a bit suss on this bloke he has sold a few other dogey car deals i the past
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

runutz698

« Reply #36 on: June 05, 2009, 03:41:34 pm »
I am with Freakshow something is a miss,

I am also sick of ebay people putting on there and you start bidding on it and all of a sudden it has gone pulled from auction.

Ebay should make it once it is on there it is on there unless you have good reason you can't pull it off. If  I read advertised elsewhere and I want it I ring them and ask where else it is advertised, they can never tell you..... The best answer is on the board at my local safeway after stutering.

The whole thinkg is a crock of sh*t, so I think I am going to be one of the ones that starts offering cash before it has finshed ect as it is the only way to buy if you really want something.

Ebay a good place to sell and a sh$t place to buy.
Nutz

mx250

« Reply #37 on: June 05, 2009, 04:09:37 pm »

Ebay a good place to sell and a sh$t place to buy.
Nutz
Ebay is a great place to buy. Use a sniper service, figure what you want to pay, use that price, set it, forget it, win some, lose some, move on. ;) 8).

I've been dudded once by a Victorian Monty owner for $150 >:(. It leaves a sour taste but overall I'm ahead ;) :) 

Having said that, bargains on complete bikes seem to be few and far between. Patience and 'buy be ware' ;) :).

All Things 414

« Reply #38 on: June 05, 2009, 04:32:39 pm »
If it wasn't for eBay I wouldn't have been able to finish off any of the Montesa's (5) that I've had. If your more worried about what you're spending than what you're getting, well....... ::)
As Graeme says. Set your price. If you get it great, if not, someone wanted it more than you. It's the nature of the beast.

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2009, 04:58:54 pm »
too many tire kickers on ebay ,and once the seller see.s that he has 50 people watching his item  ,he naturally think he's in the money so  when you ask or make a offer it will be refused   only to see that it didnt sell any way .and the same item appears  again ,sometimes you can be lucky

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 05, 2009, 05:33:16 pm »
That POS Monty is EXACTLY the same as offered before.

The guy is on drugs I reckon and all  he is doing is putting money in ebays bank account by continuously listing at that price.

Ebay sucks but hey where would we be without it? When I first started out trying to find bikes to play with there were heaps of pricks who would tell you they had a shed-full but you could NEVER get them to sell you one. Now with ebay it's the other way around but maybe more expensive but that is a free market economy at work.

Other part is you meet some really good people on ebay and you also encounter some full on arseholes - like life I guess.

No CD6 for me

See some of you at Clarence

Dave Mac  :D
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

runutz698

« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2009, 07:36:42 am »
I am a big swap meet goer, I must say that is the place to get a good buy. I am not saying I don't buy things on ebay.

What I was trying to point out is that the way in which you can pull things off should be baned as once it is on ebay it is in a legal auction, you can't just pull sh*t out at a real auction so why should you be able to do it a online auction. Once you have won the item it is a legal binding document. All this advertised else where and pulling it off with a day to go, or pulling it off as someone has offered them money straight up for it is crap. That is the only thing that is really getting to me here is a prime example.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/honda-cr-250-1983-old-school_W0QQitemZ270397814136QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Motorcycles?hash=item3ef4f73578&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A1%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

I do purchasing for a living and if you are willing to do the leg work there are lots of bargins.
My belief is that if you are willing to wait you will get a bargin if you want it tomoro you will pay.

maico girl

« Reply #42 on: June 06, 2009, 08:40:51 am »

What I was trying to point out is that the way in which you can pull things off.
you have Maico Girl full attention.......

you can't just pull at a real auction so why should you be able to do it a online auction.
My brother always doing this and he end up with community base order and no allowed near schools or parks anymore!

or pulling it off as someone has offered them money straight up is crap.
yes I believe you should get to know someone a little better first. Never on first date.....

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 06, 2009, 09:15:07 am »
i some time go to the sherrif auction to check out what they have seized from the local drug dealers ,amoung other stuff that they have seized for some type off no payment  /and at any time the phone can ring and a item can be with drawn so that is CRAP  THAT ONCE A AUCTION STARTS IT CARNT BE WITH DRAWN POEPLE CAN CHANGE THEY MINDS OR CIRCUMSTANTES CHANGE 
BOB JANE HAS OLD TYERS AVAIL FOR TYER KICKER

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 06, 2009, 01:11:41 pm »
I'm in agreement with both sides

If you own it YOU have a right to withdraw it and as Paul says it is commonplace to attend an auction to be told the item is no longer available - generally no reason given.

Ebay is a bit different because once an auction starts at a given price then it is underway and both parties have in theory entered into a deal.

If the seller is one of the bullshit types who just want to play with the market - kick em off ebay. If not it is simple for them - they either offer the item at a price they are going to be happy with no matter what or PUT A RESERVE on it.

If the item has no bids - ie no poor sod thinking he or she may have a chance at acquiring the item, then the seller can withdraw it any time.

What shits me is when the auction has started WITH BIDS PLACED and the arseholes take it off. What the hell did they list it for in the first place? If it is to get an idea of price for example then they obviously are dumb enough not to know the market. If it is just to show the world they have something no one else can have then they have a serious problem!

As for swap meets I thought they were dying somewhat due to the intrusion of ebay - I'd be interested to know more.

Two sides of the argument here

Dave Mac  :D  :D  :D - even if I am stuck in Sydney and a whole lot of lucky bastards are at CD6 !!! 
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted