Author Topic: Barrabool  (Read 764 times)

gator

Barrabool
« on: May 27, 2009, 08:28:10 pm »
Did anybody go to the Back to barrabool weekend  ???How did it go ???

Offline Viper79

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Barrabool
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 08:56:26 pm »
I spent the weekend down there Gator.
It went really well, Saturday was the pick of the days, the track was perfect and the numbers were good, just enough to fill the pits completely.  On Sunday they had a huge number of riders turn up and they had to extend the pits, they were parked solid all the way around past the trials area in the back corner to the south of the track.
Everything flowed well and on time, the ride sessions were around ten min each and you could either ride the MX track or a fast grass track on the top section of the Oceana circuit, they had a dealer with the new Huskies there and you could test ride on a separate grass track as well.
They had some trade sites there and around ten classic and evo bikes on display
All in all it was a great weekend.   
« Last Edit: May 27, 2009, 09:03:15 pm by Viper79 »
QA50 KO, XR75 K5 Race bike from VMBA days, XR400R1, CRF450R3, RM400T, DR650SE with off road adventure mods, MX360A, YZ400D, YZ465H, IT250H, 1985 Jawa 897 Slider, 2016 Jawa/GM Slider

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 08:58:35 pm »
Good for you  :P
Looks like it was a winner.  :o
Thanks for the news.
Way it should be  8)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline NR555

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2009, 10:52:48 am »
I turned up on the Sunday.  It was my first time riding for about 7 months, I blagged my way in to the A&B grade class so I wouldn't have much traffic to contend with  ;D  Tell you what, it's sink or swim when you go in with those guys.  Got some speed back pretty quick, but I'm feeling it now...  ;D  The grasstrack got too dusty late in the day, so I just avoided it & rode the MX track sessions.

The novice/non-licenced class was good fun to watch, there must have been about 60 bikes out there.  Crazy guys everywhere on all sorts of machinery...  :o

They canned the Vintage class due to lack of entries on the Sunday, we left the CZ in the trailer.  Spotted the Baker boys there & I think they wrapped up pretty early.