Author Topic: US DOLLAR  (Read 2414 times)

runutz698

US DOLLAR
« on: May 27, 2009, 10:21:14 am »
HEY HEY BOYS, Just heard a prediction I really liked and if it is correct is good for all of us on here.

That next year our dollar will be up around 85-95US per dollar due to our really strong position in this whole thing.

If that is true I think we should be thinking about what we would buy from the US.

What are your thoughts, Mine is Buy some stuff I have had my eye on for ages.

Cheers
Nutz

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: US DOLLAR
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2009, 10:44:10 am »
i dont give a toss if i want it and cant get it in aus i get it shipped to my shipper in long beach up to 3 months later its in my shed.ie bought a cz400 bottom end complete with ignition,kick&gear leavers,150.00us shipped to long beach.202.00 aud and about 50.00aud to get it here and duty.250.00 australian for a cz400 bottom end i think is ok
cheers
jim

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 10:56:58 am »
I think this is likely, the Oz dollar should be looking pretty good by the end of the year if present trends continue. This will make it more viable to buy those smaller parts we all see on eBay. I am hanging out for that!

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 11:25:19 am »
I think this is likely, the Oz dollar should be looking pretty good by the end of the year if present trends continue.!

The Aussie dollar is likely to rise on being a low risk/ higher returning currency, the only show stopper with that is the impact on unemployment and the budget deficit. But Mr Rudd has a contingency plan for that involving your retirement money  ;D
formerly Marc.com

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 12:37:40 pm »
Gents - don't forget 2 months ago the forecast was low 50's?????  Make hay while the sun shines though!

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline lyle2212

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 01:29:55 pm »
I,ve been monitoring the Aus dollar for the past 20 years as I have business interests overseas. And if there,s one thing I have learn,t about these so called financial currency trading experts , it,s that they can only make accurate predictions no more than 2 months in advance...The reason that the Aussie dollar has begun to trade higher is because the Reserve Bank has fixed the minimum loan mortgage rate at 3%..Making our economy more stable.  Our Mortgage interest rate should be around the same amount, But the banks refuse to play ball...But in saying all of that I certainly hope the AUS dollar does keep climbing the ladder as people like us who do business OS can only profit from it.

gator

« Reply #6 on: May 27, 2009, 01:42:02 pm »
Hey Maico girl how's the dollar in Bulgaria ???

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 27, 2009, 02:34:03 pm »
I'm enjoying the recovery if there is such a thing.

I bought bikes years ago when our dollar was crap, then had a ball when it almost reached parity and now am comfortable buying stuff out of the US again at the current rate (just bought a nice old R69S BMW for a bit over $7K US and you can't even get them here very often)

The sub prime and all the shit that flowed from it showed one thing - you can't fully predict or protect against anything. Before that happened there was talk we would reach parity before the end of last year and, whoops, down the snake we slid !!!

All good fun

Dave Mac  :D
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2009, 02:43:07 pm »
Predictions are funny. Only a short time ago when the dollar was low 60s there were predictions that by May it would be 45c. Now this one. I honestly dont think anyone does know. Like the weather. Walk out side if you get wet its raining if you get sun burn its not.

albrid-3

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2009, 06:10:21 pm »
I don`t care if l want it l buy it.

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2009, 05:53:46 pm »
...these so called financial currency trading experts , it,s that they can only make accurate predictions no more than 2 months in advance...
Absolutely! There are far too many things going on and far too many outside factors which affect global finance.
Right now there's talk of the Israelis doing a pre-emptive strike on the Iranians (who have built or are building a weapon with a strike radius taking in Israel).
Wars and rumours of wars have a dramatic effect on World oil and gold prices - and the cycle continues... 

...Before that happened there was talk we would reach parity before the end of last year ...
Yes, there was talk of parity and greater... and what happened? It all went pear shaped.
Experts make their best judgements - and their reputations are based on accuracy - but too often they're wrong.
Only a handful of 'Experts' predicted this most recent crisis. And it hit us all hard because the size of the f*ck up was astronomical!

For me I long ago realised money rates are cyclical - just like the weather.
It varies between good and bad, but don't plan your life on assumptions or the educated guesses of 'Experts'.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Rosco400

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2009, 06:04:56 pm »
Heres a long term prediction, although share markets are improving, unemployment rates are going to soar, especially leading into christmas, Australian Sub prime for  over committed first home owners,  small economic growth at least mid next year away if Kevin stops giving cash away, more individual bankruptcies than  this country has ever seen :( big rise in the homeless but really dont need a crystal ball to see that

Rosco400

« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2009, 07:13:37 pm »
I know its pretty depressing, maybe we should bump the old election thread up again, ahhh, brings back memories, see how far wrong our earlier predictions were ::)

Gee's thats really cheered Me up :( thanks Rosco.

That was a bit morbid wasnt it Mick, only cause I thought today was Friday for some stupid reason, freakin groundhog day :o

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2009, 07:35:12 pm »
nurse nurse

Offline JC

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 30, 2009, 10:12:19 am »
Nice to see its just broken the 80c barrier against US$. But I wouldn't be holding too fast to predictions in this climate.