Author Topic: Wagga DT Nationals  (Read 7865 times)

Rosco400

Wagga DT Nationals
« on: July 29, 2007, 08:50:15 pm »
Where do you get entry forms for this event, change of heart and pre 85 etc under lights sounds just to good to miss out on ;D
« Last Edit: August 04, 2007, 01:43:43 pm by Graeme M »

firko

Re: Wagga DT Nationals
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2007, 11:37:10 am »
Entry forms for the Dirt Tack Nats aren't ready yet but you can get information and be put on a mailing list by calling Dave Foster on 0269 255044 or email the club at [email protected] . The last I heard was that someone from the Wagga club will be at the Nepean Pre '75 meeting this weekend to drum up support for the Nats.

As I've said before and will continue to say, this event needs your support or it will disappear from the calendar for ever.

*I may be wrong Rosco but I believe the club is not including pre 85 in the program. Before the Turks destroyed the previous forum I had the classes listed and I think Evo was the newest division. Don't take my word though. Check.

Rosco400

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2007, 09:24:34 pm »
Thanks Firko, i will give him a ring and check tomorrow, hope it is open to pre 85 like at coffs back in march but even if no pre 85, just have to take the 77 Maico, just bought rough as guts 71 husky and 75 montessa as well so I can maybe get few more rides in anyway if can get em going in time, dont care really as long as get to ride something :D Would have liked to ride at Nepean this weekend but not open to pre 78 at this time so just have to wait till next year and track down pre 75 something or other ;D Hope Nepean and Wagga are in for massive turnouts so these events dont die off a natural death

Yamaboy

« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2007, 01:10:04 pm »
Did you check if they are running pre 85 at Wagga Rossco? I'd like to know if I should start prepping my 490 Yamaha as well as the other bikes. I'm especially looking forward to this meeting. I ran under lights at Bendigo back in the 70's and it's a buzz. You feel like you're riding in a World Title meeting, especially if there's a lot of spectators as there usually is at country tracks.
I'm with Firko about supporting this meet too. It is indeed a do or die situation. Let's hope the cyber racers support this event like they did Donnys Coffs meeting.

Rosco400

« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2007, 05:54:09 pm »
I rang for Dave on Friday, he must have been at work and didn't get back yet and I only left my work number, I'll try him again on Monday, I thought i read on the old forum that pre 85 was included which I hope is correct and I thought when I was at the DT in Coffs in march, an older chap riding a slider from the Wagga club who attended (cant remember his name sorry) that pre 85 was going to be run,at least that is what I thought he said at the presentation at the end of the meeting but now I'm doubting my own recollection. The evo challenge had been scheduled for the same weekend with Heaven and I thought a few other forum members also stated they would be attending Wagga. Memory just ain't as good as it used to be but if Dave says yes to pre 85, ill put up a post. if he says no ill still put up a post

Rosco400

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2007, 07:26:48 pm »
Firko is correct in that Evo (twin shock, aircooled drum brake) is new division but will exclude pre 85 only (linkage suspension, watercooled or disc brake), spoke to Dave Foster though today and he said  would be keen at including pre 85 but not as National event if we could get up the numbers. So question is who rides pre 85 only. If you are wanting to ride please put up your hand and post to this forum so he can get an idea, just means we pre 85 only riders could get a few more races in just for the fun of it. Dave said if he could get at least 8 bikes on a grid, this would possibly allow running because it only extra three races and time factors should not be a problem. I will be riding Pre 78 Maico but its long road for only three races, hence thats my motive to include pre 85 onlys. Donny Thornton, if you read this post, how did Coffs get the pre 85 onlys in the March DTs included in the GCRs, maybe there is some hope of making it National titled event with your input, I would have thought there would not be much difference in pre 85 EVO and a pre 85 Only for the sake of keeping this event alive, maybe if someone from MA or MNSW reads post, you may be able to enlighten this subject.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 09:18:57 pm by Rosco400 »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2007, 07:32:03 pm »
I'm definitely going to this one, but will be riding Evo Open. My Husky 500 though qualifies as Evo and Pre 85, so would be very keen to ride in any Pre 85 event as well, just to get more rides. Mind you, I will also be riding my TM125, so I'll be happy even if they don't run Pre 85.

Rosco400

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2007, 09:13:43 pm »
Just one other point i which was brought to attention is EVO not limited to pre 85, as long as bike is twin shock, aircooled, drum brake set up, seems any year would qualify, eg 1992 CZ513 would qualify but 1982 Rm 465 which has linkage suspension doesnt which just doesnt seem to make a great deal of sense to me for a classic event :(

firko

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 03:30:39 pm »
After talking to many of the racers at the Nepean Pre 75 meeting on Sunday it seems that a good percentage of them are going to attend the Wagga Nats. Dave Foster and Bob Sunderland from the Wagga club were there drumming up business and the general vibe amongst the punters was one of keen anticipation. This is one not to be missed.

*Congratulations also to Penrith club and big Herbie Conlon in particular for putting on one of the smoothest meetings I've been to in ages. The weather was sunny, the vibe was happy, the racing was quick and plentiful and the meeting was notably wanker free, making it easy on Herbie and the other officials. I couldn't believe the standard of the bikes in attendance, with a surprisingly large number of newly built bikes making their debut. The pre 75 division is a long way from dead if the Nepean roll up is any indication.

no.13

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2007, 04:28:13 pm »
Gidday Rosco in answer to your question at Coffs we have run pre85 for about 5 years on our club days to try to encourage an older class as everything else is modern and it also gave a few of us pre75 a fair race of our own. At our vintage dirt track days we get everyone to jion the club which is part of your entry fee and run that event as a club day so we could really run anything but we try to keep it around the vintage theme

Rosco400

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2007, 06:28:44 pm »
Thanks Don, thought that be the case being club event and not national event, always living in hope, guess just have to see if enough guys will ride pre 85 just for the ride at this event, only need 6 -8 riders to have a run so graeme, yamaboy and meself make three, surely there must be few more wanting a ride, put up your hands if you can muster up a pre 85 for this event so Dave Foster can put it forward to organisers as quckly as possible  ;) surely this class will be run in not to distant future and just may help get it off the ground if enough guys interested :D

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2007, 06:38:07 pm »
Hi Rossco,
won't your Husky fit into Evo 250, that will give you three more rides,
Noel

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2007, 06:46:51 pm »
Those pesky radiators make the Husky ineligible for Evo... Maybe Rosco should just take 'em off!

I'm not gonna compete at the DT Nats, but if anyone wants to stop off at Nathan's Home For Old Yamahas for a tea/coffee/beer and some talking shit, then you're more than welcome.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Yamaboy

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2007, 07:08:52 pm »
I'd prep my 490 for the Nats but would rather limit my participation to my pre 70 ,75 and evo bikes. With due respect I don't want to ride an "exhibition" class due to the expense of getting the bike together. If it's going to be a legit championship class I could justify the expense but not as it is.

What's the matter Nathan? I would have thought that you'd be one of the first entries for Wagga seeing you only live down the road a bit. Too fast for you? 

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2007, 07:14:41 pm »
I'd love to, but I've got no spare time and no spare money. Everyone tells me how great DT is, but I made a deliberate decision about a year ago to remain ignorant of the joys of dirt track because I figure that it will be one more drain on my time and money.

Having said that, I hope to get down there for either day (but not both) to help out and/or spectate.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.