Author Topic: Reed to race AMA Outdoors  (Read 4418 times)

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
Reed to race AMA Outdoors
« on: May 23, 2009, 07:46:07 am »
  Should make it even better to watch I reckon. Starts this weekend.

suzuki43

Re: Reed to race AMA Outdoors
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2009, 08:25:46 am »
Yes indeed,what a shame he cant bearch slap Bubba in this series....

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2009, 09:10:07 am »
Should be a great series - what a lineup of talent! Villipoto, Ferry, Grant, Short, Reed, Alessi, etc. I don't think it's going to be another perfect season with at least 6 riders capable of being there for the win. Villipoto will be hard to beat but reading the Yank messageboards and I think they've underestimated Reed's talent. It's a funny thing, but a lot of them start talking about a guy who maybe finishes third or fourth in the AMA SX as though he's slow. So when Reed doesn't beat Stewart for the championship, they write him off as a bit of a has-been! He'll be there.

As for the Lites, well, we've got the Euro boys with Searle and Rattray and Pourcell to keep them all honest. I don't know if anyone has seen the video of Justin Barcia, but that kid really hauls. Whether he'll be fast in the racing I don't know, but he is super quick. I pick him as the dark horse.

Hope Fox gives us some coverage.

Offline suzuki27

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2009, 01:11:46 pm »
Yep, should be a great series. I think some people have short memories when it comes to Reed. It really was daylight third behind Stewart and Reed in Super X. It was a similar thing when Reed last rode the Outdoors. It was RC, JBS and Reed, except when something went wrong. Besides Villapoto and Reed, I think Short will be up there. I hope Metcalfe has a good run this year for a change,but I agree that Pourcel will be hard to stop. Can't wait!

magoo

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2009, 03:09:01 pm »
Where's Mick Byrne in the mix. He started out strongly in the SX before getting hurt, is he racing the outdoors?

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2009, 06:00:46 am »
Actually, the US coverage of SX had IMO commentating biased way toward Reed -how he is the defending champ, etc etc. Maybe the bias to Reed was for Stewart leaving Team Green who had brought him up from a boy.
What is amazing is how they both switched bikes this year, and still went 1-2. I think Stewart might have happened to adapt a bit better to his bike.
 I enjoyed finally seeing Villipoto grab a win, but expected he would do better. Outdoors, I think Reed adds another dimension-as Stewart seems to have outright speed-yet controls it better on SX tracks. The outdoor series comes down to being tough-so.......
 Going to go for the less popular choice and say Reed is the favorite over Stewart in Outdoor, with Villipoto a wild card....I guess Lawrence is banned from the series-or he might take a win or two.
Life is suddenly very Monaro

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2009, 09:12:19 am »
That was cool. Live online video feed of the races. 1st moto for 450s and 250s done and dusted. RV took the win in 450s with Reed 4th. My dark horse led the 250s until the wheels fell off - I'd reckon he was totally stuffed. Faded to maybe 10th but a great first up effort. Pourcel took the 250s with Rattray and Searle in the top 5. Looking forward to watching the last two motos now. That Glen Helen looks as tough as - loose, rutted, big hills.  I wouldn't last a lap...

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2009, 09:22:10 am »
Reed did well to come from about 12th. He qualified fastest so looking forward to 2nd moto.

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2009, 09:54:32 am »
where are you getting the video feeds from?
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 09:56:55 am by E74 »

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 10:03:41 am »
Live video
http://www.allisports.com/motocross-glen-helen-live-stream

Live laptiming
http://www.allisports.com/motocross-results

The video works real well if you have decent broadband. That said I seem to be only getting audio now... 450s are on the line for moto 2.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 10:05:35 am by Graeme M »

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 10:12:38 am »
I've only got audio as well. It says video feed was from 4.00 til 6.30 then audio only.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2009, 10:16:43 am »
Yeah... must have lost their video. It's only about 5.15 over there. Not a bad commentary though, it'll be interesting to see how Reed and RV go as the race unfolds. Alessi has a fair lead for the moment.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2009, 10:26:59 am »
See if Villo and Reed can pull in Alessi with 10 mins left, he's got a 14 sec lead.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2009, 10:31:05 am »
Don't think Reedy will get to them, but Villipoto is bound to get Alessi - 4 laps to go and RV is about 3 seconds a lap quicker and only 7 seconds back.

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2009, 01:20:15 am »
Yes,....so my "wild card" does well..Stewart not even in the race-my projected winner Reed 4th-even though he had some fastest laps. There's a reason I do not gamble. LOL

How about Alessi? I would not have thought he could hang on that long.
Anyway, I still think Reed is a favorite for 450 AMA mx-along with Villipoto.
Life is suddenly very Monaro