Author Topic: QLD Floods  (Read 1700 times)

TT

QLD Floods
« on: May 21, 2009, 08:53:47 am »
Are you blokes up in Queensland all ok?
Just been seeing lots of damage etc on the news.
Hey Doc, have you got your bikes upstairs with you?  ;)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: QLD Floods
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2009, 08:56:33 am »
news of Qld is in the For sale kawa gasket topic  ;D
even got property for sale.   ;)   ;D
cheers
Best is in the West !!

TT

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 09:17:45 am »
Silly me........ I should have known to look under gaskets for sale first............  :D :D

Wow! That's a lot of water..........

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 09:24:09 am »
 :D

I have got next doors horse(good dog meat) paddock in my hay shed this morning, 96 mills here in South West WA :o
cheers
Best is in the West !!

TT

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2009, 09:28:11 am »
You guys aren't doing a lot better then.  :(
Hope there's not too much damage in the end.
Maybe I'll stop complaining about how dry it is...........  :-\

DR

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2009, 10:38:51 am »
jeez Tony, I too can't believe you didn't look in the for kawa gaskets first ???  ::) I've been called a scatterbrain before..umm :P and a stickbrain and shit for brains but eh..like a mongrel dog I answer to all of them ;D the link between kawasaki and floods is the last kawa MC1-A 90 I had would refuse to do anything more than backfire if it rained and/or if there were water within a 150klms radius. All because it had no mag cover 'GASKET' (the missing link!!) I lived about 5 k's from the pacific ocean so I was fighting an uphill battle from the onset ::) clear as mud I reckon and another tall story :D

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2009, 10:45:36 am »
ah well----while they are leaving one alone they are pickin on the other    ;)    ;D
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline jackiemac

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2009, 11:53:38 am »

When I woke the other day, I had the pleasure of three peacocks grazing in our yard.
But this morning when I woke, and looked outside, I saw our tinnie which has been on land since the last flood, once again in trouble, the river had risen over night, and this time, it was still in the property, but is was sort of in the tree tops, ready to be swept away by the water, which was running quite quickly, and at that time still rising. Not ready to lose the SS Minow, Gaz, displayed his own style of Indian Jones, got in the canoe, and once again rescued the ss minow. ;D ;D ;D

Keep Smiling :)
Jackie Mac
Be kind to your neighbour!!

oldfart

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2009, 12:28:05 pm »
Wise old man lives on a hill,  and awakes to see cane fields no more

Offline Husk72

• B-Grade
  • Attitude? What effing attitude?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2009, 09:17:52 am »
Took a drive from Gold Coast to Sunshine Coast yesterday,in some places the wind and rain was pretty fierce.The major highways were open,and there wasn't any water flooding on the roads.Gold Coast copped a battering last few days with the winds and heavy rains,where I am though it hasn't gotten any flooding.The wind was screaming blue mercy the rain was hammering down last night,and we copped our first blackout since this big low hit last week,for 2 hours.Strangely enough,straight after the power went out it went deadly quite.
I used to drink a lot.
I still do,but I used to,too.

DR

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2009, 10:23:12 am »
The inner northern suburbs of Brisbane didn't get any of the winds but some flooding yes. 1 good thing about living a little closer to the coast is the flood waters don't hang around for long especially with an outgoing tide sucking it out. More rain again last night and this morning has it all looking very unpredictable at present :-\ actually it just started raining again. Connondale is basically in a mountainous region and I imagine the creeks and such will be swollen for quite a few day with more inflowing yet to come and more rain forecast for the coming week. Next weather report in a few days ;D

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2009, 09:01:33 am »
Friend from Blackwater sent these hail pics over.  8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2009, 09:03:18 am »
after and during the hail pics  :-\   ;D
Best is in the West !!