Author Topic: how can i minimise a 850kb image to under 128  (Read 3493 times)

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
how can i minimise a 850kb image to under 128
« on: May 17, 2009, 09:19:46 pm »
I know that it is not reaslly a forum Question but I have tried to minimise it on my photoeditor but it will only shrink to about half ie 400kb and after i save it i cannot halve it again...
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
Re: how can i minimise a 850kb image to under 128
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 09:31:25 pm »
several ways. Before you up load them you can trim the borders and re-size the photos in a photo editing programe. I use Microsoft Photo editor which is ancient but works very well and is really easy to use. you just click on the 'edit' button select resize image and if you want it lets say half size you click on 50% and it will re-size the image to half the original size. For larger images i use Presto image folio.

if you have microsoft office go into microsoft office tools and open the Microsoft picture editor. this is the programe that superceeds MS photo editor. You can also use that to resize the photos.

The other option is when you upload them to where ever you are hosting the photos ( Village Photos, Photo Bucket, Windows live spaces, etc) you can select if you want to up load the photo and keep it the original size or upload it as a smaller image.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2009, 09:50:37 pm »
Using a hosting site that offers resizing is probably the best bet. Otherwise get yourself a photo editing program - there's heaps around. Try downloading Picasa from Google, it's free and works a treat.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 11:40:53 am »
agree i just use picture manager in windows,

right click open, edit, compress it should take that down to well under a 80kb and you can keep doing it after you have saved it and reopend it again ( although it get a bit too small after a while to see. 
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 08:50:22 pm »
Good one guys workds a treat....
Oldyzman
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Haggis427

« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2009, 10:19:03 pm »
Try out "image resizer" from here [http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/Downloads/powertoys/Xppowertoys.mspx] , only requires a right click to manipulate image after installing.