Author Topic: What are we doing wrong in NSW?  (Read 9966 times)

magoo

What are we doing wrong in NSW?
« on: May 08, 2009, 08:59:21 pm »
Been talking to a few of my Northern and Southern buddies over the last couple of weeks and I can't help but ask, what are we doing wrong in N.S.W. as far as entries are concerned? Viper and QVMX are regularly getting well over the 100 rider mark at regular club days, where here in N.S.W.  we're lucky to get half that.
I've got a couple of theories, the main one being flaggies. In N.S.W. we can't get any local volunteers to flag where the Viccos and Qld guys just ride without having to worry about flagging, therefore having a smooth flow through the meetings. I also think that our focus on the older bikes who don't support the club by turning up is an issue. QVMX last week with 35 PRE "85 250s ( that's right, 250s only) and 20 pre '90's must be food for thought.
Whadda you guys reckon
P.S. This is not an attack on anyone or any club, just trying to constructively bring on some debate, new ideas.

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: What are we doing wrong in NSW?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2009, 09:09:01 pm »
pre 85 and pre 90 definately generates alot of interst from guys in there late 20's and above. Its the era where for some of us, we have our first memories and they are easier to obtain a bike to enjoy this form of fun, less stress and cheaper form of racing 8)
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2009, 09:26:37 pm »
One could ask what areas we wish to increase/encourage and how do we do this?

What can the club do to encourage or advertise to the classes you wish to fill thus increasing attendance and filling the start gates.

Damn fine example is marks notion of a 100cc shitter class. it gets guys into the sport for nothing and a bit of fun.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2009, 09:40:55 pm »
Magoo could it be that NSW is still recovering from the bullshit and bitching within that hurt the club a few years ago. Also Qld has 5 tracks within 1 and a half hours of Brisbane, what's the situation in NSW?

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2009, 10:06:22 pm »
One thing that I don't like about Heaven events is the stupid closed pits set-up, where your bike(s) are parked away from your vehicle & tools etc. I travelled a long way to go to two Crawford River Classics (& won't be doing it again) and was told that it was an M.A requirement to have a closed pits . How come then they don't seem to worry about this at vintage events in other States of Australia ? Just seemed to be more rule nazis in NSW . But a lack of quality vintage friendly tracks close to Sydney is probably the main reason for lack of numbers .

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2009, 10:07:57 pm »
I've got a couple of theories, the main one being flaggies.

Get the guys on there 100cc involved.

cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2009, 10:24:52 pm »
Whats a "closed pits" Hang on we have a "closed pits" at Conondale for the Nats but it's only the 3mts behind the start line.  The rest is car park.
Noel
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 08, 2009, 10:43:01 pm »
One thing that I don't like about Heaven events is the stupid closed pits set-up, where your bike(s) are parked away from your vehicle & tools etc. I travelled a long way to go to two Crawford River Classics (& won't be doing it again) and was told that it was an M.A requirement to have a closed pits . How come then they don't seem to worry about this at vintage events in other States of Australia ? Just seemed to be more rule nazis in NSW . But a lack of quality vintage friendly tracks close to Sydney is probably the main reason for lack of numbers .
Whats a "closed pits" Hang on we have a "closed pits" at Conondale for the Nats but it's only the 3mts behind the start line.  The rest is car park.
Noel

Mixed disciplines,using mixed tracks -is there any pre85 or pre75 or pre80 tracks only ???
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 08, 2009, 10:48:28 pm »

CRC is an open (or at least Multi-Club) event, meaning that the closed pits nonsense does apply.
As NSR3 suggested, there are ways around that. Definitely seemed to be the way last year's CRC worked.

On Magoo's original question, I think that JohnnyO nailed it. Heaven was hurt by the 'events' of a few years back*, and there are still a lot of people holding a grudge against the club despite the changes that have occured since.

The flagging thing doesn't worry me. Yeah, I guess I'd prefer to not have to think about it on race day - but I can also see the big picture so I'm always prepared to go out and do my bit. I'd be surprised if people stayed at home because of this?!

The point about 'supporting older bikes' is an interesting point that I need more time to think about.
My 'shooting from the hip' response is to wonder how the club could move away from the older bikes without causing an almighty shit-storm from the owners of those bikes that do turn up (myself included). I'm strongly in favour of the club running a pre-90 class and I'd definitely enter it if the option was there... But if I had to chose between racing my pre-70 bike or my pre-90 bike, then the older bike would be my preference.

I'll stop typing and start thinking now.  :D

*I wasn't around for that, thank god - but I can still see it.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline NSR

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 08, 2009, 10:51:28 pm »
Sorry i was talking moden nats.  Not going there for VMXNats.
 ???  ???
Noel  
The Swvm though the tree's! http://youtu.be/4h6BbasT16I
Metalink Conondale vinduro sprint. May 19/20 2018    
www.metalink.net.au  Bike trailers & Canopies

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 08, 2009, 10:54:10 pm »
Is there more than one club other than Heaven or are they the predominant pre85 class's etc club in NSW. ???

cheers
« Last Edit: May 08, 2009, 10:57:27 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2009, 10:54:43 pm »
Heaven was hurt by the 'events' of a few years back

what happened?
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2009, 10:58:39 pm »
Maggo come back and face the onslaught  ;D
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 08, 2009, 11:00:51 pm »
Is there more than one club other than Heaven or are they the predominant pre85 class's etc club in NSW. ???

cheers

They're basically the only club that runs VMX events in NSW.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

oz555ktm

« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 11:14:38 pm »
Is This Just One More PUMP UP To stir the Pot

Nsw Is Doing all wright. .

I Hate It when People Bag a CLUB from WHAT HAD HAPPEN IN THE PAST !!!!!!!!!!
So leave it in the Past Please .

At the time it may have been the best that thay could have done and  Just Because Some One  Did NOT Like  somethink ..
Or it  did  not go the way thay want it....
thay get upset and go on and on Bagging it whit out check to see if thing have change or not .

Some time thing are that way for the fairess for all club members !!!!!!!!
or it may just be the best thay can do with HELP thay get at the Time ...

MA NSW is Much Harder on thing than any other Sate and Mr Magoo you should know
this as you are on the the Board of MA NSW ???????

and you can not compair QVMX , BMCC or Viper to Heaven .
You can not even compair Viper  to BMCC
or QVMX to BMCC thay are all diffrent !!!!!!!!!

Why is Other Clubs so Concerned  with Heaven   Mr Magoo !!!!!!!!!!!

and Why has other clubs Copyed some of the thing that Heaven are Doing !!!!.
If Some one Has a Fault with Heaven  You can E mail Me
I would Love to Talk to them .
Because thay must be diffent people to what I have been Talking too.
Or are thay the People who Sit down in the shade and
DONT  PUT ther Hand Up to HELP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dennis Myers
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 01:00:43 am by oz555ktm »