Author Topic: Twin Shock Moto-X Ass.  (Read 9879 times)

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
Twin Shock Moto-X Ass.
« on: May 04, 2009, 06:53:30 pm »

Twin Shock Moto-X Association

Saturday 27 June 2009
Rnd 1 - Wanganui

Saturday 18 July 2009
Rnd 2 - Taupo

All Bikes to be Pre ’86 and Twin Shock only, no exceptions.

? Pre70 all in*           

? Pre75 all in*

? Pre78 all in

? Pre82 all in  (includes all production twin shock bikes up to pre86)

? 125cc   (up to 126 2-stroke or up to 200 4-stroke; *British bikes up to 200 2stroke +

250 4stroke for Pre70 and Pre75 classes only)

? 250cc   (127-250 2-stroke or 201-400 4-stroke)

? Open   (251 and above 2 stroke or 401 and above 4 stroke)

The cc ratings will be split via the lap scoring sheets.
There will be five(5) races for each class per round of the series (bungi starts, no handicapping ).
No Linkage (or altered linkage) bikes.

Sign in time 8.00 – 9.00 am.  Racing commences 10.00 am

Entries

Pre-entries are preferred and appreciated although on-the-day entries will also be accepted.

Pre-entries for both rounds will close on Wed 24 June. Please make an effort to pre-enter.

Pre-entry for both rounds is $60/rider (ride as many classes that you have bikes eligible for)
or pay on the day a sum of $40/rider for each meeting (ride as many classes that you have bikes eligible for)

If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
Re: Twin Shock Moto-X Ass.
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 05:57:57 pm »
I have just come back from looking at the paddock that we will have for our first "Twin Shock MotoX Ass." meeting in and if there ever was a paddock you just really wanted to ride in this is it.
Natural terrain table tops, big berms, jumps in every direction, drop offs, off chamber corners, 50 acres of natural terrian undulations with enough flats for a good start straight all on a green grassed loamy sand based free draining MXers dream paddock with a view of the Tasman sea.

It would be great to see some Aussie guys here, I think you would like it.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2009, 06:04:48 pm by DJRacing »

worms

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 07:43:35 pm »
what! a weeks notice, you guys must think none of us work, hang on a minute, the way Rudd is running things you might get 400 of us over there all looking for a bike to ride.

cheers Trev

worms

« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 08:02:04 pm »
i think ive had one too many, its July not June, bloody hell, thats means there is heaps of time!

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 08:26:23 pm »
does this mean no yz's allowed?

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2009, 08:58:44 pm »
I think you were right the first time Trev, 27th June is next weekend. How many rounds will there be DJ?

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2009, 09:09:12 pm »
mmmmmm - simple rules, simple racing - good terrain - what more could you ask for.  How does one emigrate to Kiwi Land?

:D

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2009, 09:25:09 pm »
There are many ways, Ross, but I doubt whether you'd survive the speech therapy.... ;D
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 09:50:42 pm »
The canterlevered YZ's are allowed, just no linkage bikes and there are 2 rounds in the series but next year we'll look at doing more.
At each round you will get 5 races plus practice on 1 bike and if you enter 2 bikes its 10 races or 3 bikes 15 races and so on, all for $30 for each round. No Licence required, no bad attitudes and I think I can promise some good racing.

When we set the track up this coming Friday I will take some pictures and I will try to get some more of the racing on Saturday, but you will just have to imagine the after-match function Saturday night because I wont be taking the camera, I'll have a beer in my hand instead. ;D

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 10:01:28 pm »
The canterlevered YZ's are allowed, just no linkage bikes and there are 2 rounds in the series but next year we'll look at doing more.
At each round you will get 5 races plus practice on 1 bike and if you enter 2 bikes its 10 races or 3 bikes 15 races and so on, all for $30 for each round. No Licence required, no bad attitudes and I think I can promise some good racing.

When we set the track up this coming Friday I will take some pictures and I will try to get some more of the racing on Saturday, but you will just have to imagine the after-match function Saturday night because I wont be taking the camera, I'll have a beer in my hand instead. ;D

Smart move with the YZeds, looks to be stacking up for an awsome series, good luck!!

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 01:36:22 pm »
Thanks Darren, as it will be the first race meeting for the TSMXA we are hoping for a good turn out, and Im sure we'll give them a track to remember.

Ross, that bike of yours should be making the journey over the ditch, if you or anyone liked the tracks of yesteryear(35yrs ago) then this paddock will be right up your alley. The hardest part about making a track in this paddock will be trying to avoid some of the jumps otherwise it will be a outdoor supercross.  ;D ;D

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 04:55:04 pm »
I have actually got the VMX travel bug - went to Tassie last year, going to Queensland this year coz the wife likes the bikes also and we can kill 2 birds with one stone.  Was thinking about going and having a look at CD next year but have also started umming and ahhhing about contacting my bestest buddy, you beaut mate, long term friend Craig and coming for a holiday with the boss next year over your way.  Maybe the biggest worry would be wanting to come back  ;D

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 12:53:20 pm »
Wow  what a great day.

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2009, 01:10:58 pm »
Just a little of the track we used yesterday at the Twin Shock MotoX meeting.

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2009, 05:00:25 pm »
A few pictures of the day.