Author Topic: Another one to watch  (Read 3406 times)

Offline Hotelmoto

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Another one to watch
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2009, 08:37:35 pm »
Have been watching it for a while this is its third time up for auction,it never makes reserve,and he keeps lowering the reserve.Very nice work thou
It would be worth ten of us going U.S few parts in the bag each and bring it home ;D

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2009, 08:40:56 pm »
Nice bike but...$3000 US and reserve not met. They were't really a standout model and not that desirable.

mx250

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2009, 10:20:45 pm »
Nice bike but...$3000 US and reserve not met. They were't really a standout model and not that desirable.
Historically they were significant and I would rate them as very collectable. Regardless, anything under $4000 would be a steal.

And I'm not even a Suzuki fan ::). ;D

DR

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 06:43:55 am »
is it my imagination or does this bike have a PE250B/C barrel fitted. The cutaways on the fins don't match the RM style is all and look more like PE250 :-\ also stated 'museum Quality' 2 glaring errors to me are the glossed over sideplates which originally had a satin finish for the green and the swingarm and forks should not be polished either, the arm had a dullish cast alloy appearance and the forks had the milled finish. An anal prick aren't I :D
« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 07:14:49 am by Doc »

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 08:56:35 am »
Historically they were significant and I would rate them as very collectable. Regardless, anything under $4000 would be a steal.

And I'm not even a Suzuki fan ::). ;D
Why were they significant historically? They were basically just an updated B model and the 3rd year production of the same basic bike. The A model would be the collectable one...

DR

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 09:22:02 am »
Johnny they wearn't histerically significant but the bike is for sale remember and you wouldn't advertise as a model of no significant value because it's probably very very significant to the owner who has spent oodles on it. Significant to a person who raced or owned one also so perhaps it depends on your perspective or definition of significant. Just offering up some lame excuse is all ::)

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 09:56:03 am »
I agree doc that he's done a great job on the bike and it should be worth a fair bit but a restored A model appeals more to me. Each to their own.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 10:06:06 am »
Doc i know you've got a 400c and from the pics i've seen it looks like a really good bike. You should bring it out to a meeting, there are bugger all of them around. Much more desirable bike than the 250c in my opinion.

DR

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2009, 12:57:01 pm »
mmm Johnny, mine's not exactly showroom or original but she's been my favorite ride for the past 30 years :P I must be easy to please eh! ;) will have it at CD6 as the big RM loves the Conondale track ;D

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2009, 01:27:00 pm »
... An anal prick aren't I :D
You are indeed - but I mean that as a compliment. ;)
If old mate is going to state 'Museum quality' then some detailed scrutiny is to be expected.
It's unbelievably crisp and surgically clean to look at.
I can't comment on the accuracy of the resto, but it's very tidy.

Not my fave though, I like the A & B models (steel tank has better lines in my opinion).
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2009, 01:27:32 pm »
Bloody hell, Doc. When are you gunna tidy that thing up a bit ? :D
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2009, 05:31:49 pm »
be better if it looked like this

formerly Marc.com

DR

« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2009, 05:56:33 pm »
mmm..love those FOX bikes 8)

Here's a 125C that Mitch from Strictly Dirt scored just this week. Not sure of the history but will ask if there is one..reckons it may not hit the track again but I figure if he's called a big girl enough times he'll either ride it or I'll make a new enemy :P :D

more here http://cid-86267c09a3452a71.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/Suzuki%20Factory%20Racers/Strictly%20Dirt%20RM125C%20Mitch/Picture%7C_1405.jpg

DR

« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2009, 06:27:53 pm »
Sorry GD :-[..I will try and lift my game ;D

Wombat, I'd like an alloy tank but with the shape of a more rounded plastic job..an RN400 tank will do but I've not seen any for sale recently..least not under a million bucks that is :D