Author Topic: What recession ?  (Read 3992 times)

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
What recession ?
« on: April 30, 2009, 06:41:15 pm »

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: What recession ?
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 07:20:26 pm »
Because Ohlins have always been the benchmark (since 1976 anyway), Walter . Perhaps I should have used the word "premium" instead of Ohlins, as there are many top quality shock manufacturers about these days . Works Performance would not be my on the top of my list of shocks to use, as I have had some bad experiences with them (& some other brands of shocks as well).
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 06:52:36 am by Husky500evo »

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 07:51:49 pm »
The americans love those american made works performance shocks. I think they are of the belief that they are top of the range shocks. I've used them and they aren't bad but they're not ohlins quality.

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 09:14:04 pm »
Maybe with a set of  externally hi/low speed compression & rebound adjustable shocks (& a factory reed cylinder), the Maico on ebay may start to approach the very high starting bid price that it has on it . That was the point I was trying to make . I probably should also state that I currently have two bikes fitted with Works Performance shocks, that actually work quite well. The shocks were ordered specifically for those model bikes & rider weight etc . Problems arise when the shocks are not valved correctly for that particular model bike . Works Performance used a primitive ball valve set-up ( I don't know if they still do) instead of the adjustable compression & rebound shim stacks that more modern design shocks use, making them a lot harder to tune . 

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2009, 09:14:59 pm »
it will sell for sure
it has a billet drain plug ::) ::) ::) ;D
follow me to first turn

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2009, 09:17:24 pm »
people will only pay big money for certain bikes. No one wanted the Husky in the crate but i reckon it would have been a good buy. Maybe the 'Auto' factor was offputting?
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2009, 09:18:45 pm »
it will sell for sure
it has a billet drain plug ::) ::) ::) ;D
Well thats got to be worth a couple of seconds a lap right there  :D.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 09:33:11 pm »
Wait till the ol' 414 bends one, then wait for the emails  ;D
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 09:35:26 pm »
that why they went to 16mm  ;)
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 09:39:03 pm »
You better get a bid on it Rusty.. hock the bus if you have to. :D

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2009, 09:42:01 pm »
nah building up a another yz465
so i can roost maicos
they do turn better than maicos you know :o :o ;D ;D
follow me to first turn

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2009, 09:48:33 pm »
nar wasnt talking about sprint cars, I think hornet was telling me how the shafts bent on bikes with the previous shafts  :-X
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2009, 10:23:05 pm »
maybe the owner just stuck that sticker over top of the one underneath ???
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 10:26:20 pm by LWC3077 »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Hornet

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2009, 11:02:35 pm »
nar wasnt talking about sprint cars, I think hornet was telling me how the shafts bent on bikes with the previous shafts  :-X

Just leave me out this Freakhead ,the only time I would speak to you , was to tell you to f--- off

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2009, 12:33:27 am »
nothings intended with the post dude FFS, not sure why you always need to get all defensive and try to call out the "what 's your issue card", or its been tampered with ? photoshopped ? hey heres a thought maybe the ASA stole some and ran a car over it just to piss you off ?  :D  My guess is its obvious the shaft has locked up or jammed on the body and bent on a compression stroke as it had no where to go, but hey im no" suspension technician" i didnt do the special course.  ::)

Had i just posted a standard shock body, would you also wanna try to divert about some stickers graphics ? ( forget the fact there is plainly one on the body, and one under the big vertical one ::)    okay ill make it easy and post a stock body below for you, so you can try again.

Truth be known, im just following this thread and the discussions above, including comments you claimed you are the benchmark, which is a bold statement. 

Lots of shocks including Ohlins have used 12mm or other small size shafts for years, hey some even leak, some bend, some break, some snap off at the shaft ends and fall right out, so hornet yours are no different, its just a fact all shocks have faults be it in design or usage its just a fact of life, embrace it and help make them better. 

Going up to 16mm might make then less likely to stress etc, great im all for moving the units going forward.

Further more, No substainsiation is needed, you do your own R&D work, its a fact that all shocks can bend, as many other brands do also. The brand you represent is no exception and results can be openly gathered, just accept it and use it to make the products better as all suppliers in industry do. 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 01:25:01 am by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's