Author Topic: getting a bike from Perth to Brisbane?  (Read 1223 times)

DR

getting a bike from Perth to Brisbane?
« on: April 27, 2009, 11:09:29 am »
is there a preferred freight company or method someone has used recently to ship bikes from one side of the country to the other? If so the costs involved and any information is appreciated. I just scored that half decent TS250L on egay and collecting it isn't a problem as my brother lives a street or 2 away but just thinking of the options I have for getting the whole bike here. My original plan was to just pilfer some parts and flick the rest but it appears to good to do this. Bloody Murphy! I wanted a shitbox and he hands me a goody ::)

TT

Re: getting a bike from Perth to Brisbane?
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2009, 11:43:00 am »
 :D I did that with a car. Bought it for parts, but by the time I'd driven it home from Sydney, I realised it was too good to wreck.  ::)

I wonder if anyone from W.A. is coming over for CD6 and might want some help with fuel money?

Another option might be finding someone who's going over for the Safari and might be able to bring it back for you.
That's not for another few months but I could ask around you like.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 11:45:02 am by Tony T »

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2009, 12:45:28 pm »
Contact the club president of VMXWA as they may still have container space for your bike ($300 return to the nationals) its a long way off but at least it will be cheap and you have someone local who can store it.
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2009, 04:29:31 pm »
Contact the club president of VMXWA as they may still have container space for your bike ($300 return to the nationals) its a long way off but at least it will be cheap and you have someone local who can store it.

thats the go.....three spots left on that truck/container.
just thought of something Doc.
Your welcome to put one of them lovely Suzuki's of yours from ya shed in it- for the run back home to us  ;)   :o   ;D 
I'll PM me favorite  ;D
cheers Alison
« Last Edit: April 27, 2009, 04:34:54 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

mainline

« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 05:19:15 pm »
Is it rideable? you could always have an outback adventure

DR

« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2009, 08:05:18 pm »
Thanks people, I'll give VMXWA a phone call first up in the morning and see if I can't get the old girl a place in the container. 1 way trip might work out okay if someone wants to take something back eh Alison :D which oddball would you like?..this about half the fleet, all runners excepting the orange DS80 which is still work in progress ::) a man must be terminally insane! :-\

maybe you like red? all but finished off this today, it runs but in need a rebuild ;)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2009, 08:18:23 pm »
Thanks Doc-there great-we'll see what the the club boss says tomorrow after your phone call-I'm sure the same bloke transports all the time though. 8)
cheers Alison
Best is in the West !!

DR

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2009, 07:28:25 pm »
Well it looks like I've a spot in the container for the old TS come August ;D a big thanks to the VMXWA guys/gals for the assistance. Here is the bike in question, been collecting the mighty 250's for a while and this is number 4 (actually have 6 in total but the '69 and the '84 models don't count). For $150 I could not refuse and now feel I have 99% of the parts I'll need. Even with the fright..errr freight it'll still work out under $400 and this particular bike will be the basis for a full restoration..my very first one :P thanks again ppls ;)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2009, 07:36:20 pm »
Good for you Doc ,I have noticed 3 of these on ebay lately,don't know if they where L models  8).

Being of lower rank in the club,   ;D  I suppose the back freight will be of pure British Beauty as the club boss loves em  ;)   ;D
cheers enjoy
Best is in the West !!

DR

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2009, 08:31:29 pm »
I've also spotted the others on egay at the mo VMX and whilst mine may work out a little more expensive it does have what I want being the seat, carb, mag cover, lights, etc. I was watching the 1 at Electra but that's up near Gin Gin and probably a little more difficult to get than the bike in WA. Believe it or not!  :D