Author Topic: Urgent for viper round 2..  (Read 1396 times)

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Urgent for viper round 2..
« on: April 21, 2009, 07:20:30 pm »
URGENT!!!!! Do not try to download the pdf file entry form for this round from Viper web site.. There is a trojan virus somehow attatched to it and is destroying computers all over the place! call Dawn on 0422550521 for more info on entries and you csn pay on the day
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
Re: Urgent for viper round 2..
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2009, 09:39:06 am »
Hi All,

I had Jim put that post on for me as a precaution, re Virus attached to the Entry Form for Viper Rnd this weekend. I'm using the work computer to post this, as mine is now having to be reprogrammed. After Mick asked if there was a problem with downloading the entry form, I thought I'd check & an error message came up via Norton saying that High Risk attempt had been blocked & upon checking the error report, it was linked to the Viper website. Since then, I have not been able to access anything on the internet or my emails, hence, its now going to cost me a fair bit to fix & its looking very much the same on my work computer, that will impress the boss ! So even with Anti Virus software, you still cant be sure. Mr Perkins 666 confirmed this with me last night & 1/2hr later received the call from my IT man with a big sorry, nothing I can do to save it. Some of you may have better software than I & have no problems downloading the Entry Form, all else failing, I'm sure those of you who havent pre entered, there will be entry forms available on the day.

Mrs Maico #54

Offline subarumy98

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2009, 06:05:25 pm »
Hmmm, as a suggestion, chat to your IT guys, and get them to use a good free scanner, like avast.com, that will clear any infections. Best to download the program, install, and take it off the network to do the scan and repair.

Generally, it was only the older virii from about 6 years ago that were more destructive, and would start formatting your hard drive. These days they simply try and spread themselves using your email address list.

So, often it's not necessary to have to re-install an entire machine because of a virus infection. Having said that, even running Windows XP/Vista; its a good idea to re-install every 12-18 months anyway.

Hope that helps.

T

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2009, 11:10:53 am »
Hi Subarumy98,

Took your advice, ran it thru my work computer, but to no avail. IT man came yesterday, and what he did was do a system restore back to a date prior to the errors happening, so far so good. Home computer, IT man said there was no system restore to fall back on, so I'm stuffed there, oh well. Thanks again

Mrs Maico #54