Author Topic: 88 I4DE  (Read 17578 times)

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
Re: 88 I4DE
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2019, 01:42:10 PM »
tt350 Geoff what were you thinking..... ::)

Dunno, seemed like a good idea at the time :'(
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Slakewell

• Legend
  • Slakewell Motordrome
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2019, 05:03:35 PM »
we were discussing enduro legends the other nite and i had forgotten Brooke Flanagan...thanks for firing this post up again! ...tt350 Geoff what were you thinking..... ::)
Brooke was the fastest bloke I have ever ridden with but he couldn't stay off the piss , killed him in the end.
Current bikes. KTM MC 250 77 Husky CR 360 77, Husky 82 420 Auto Bitsa XR 200 project. Dont need a pickle just need to ride my motorcickle

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2019, 08:09:56 PM »

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2019, 09:38:29 PM »
poor ol brooke :( - cousins syndrome....

Offline Wasp

• A-Grade
  • Your Suspension Solution since 1989
    • View Profile
    • Suspensionshop
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2019, 09:48:17 PM »

Great shot of Walter Kalberer, he was my childhood hero on the huskies( many times swiss champion), later became  a mentor and good friend . Only passed away too early . Thank you for that shot . Could be one of the last shots on a bike with him . .
VMX shocks , We don't just sell them - I design and produce them individually for you since 1989.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2019, 10:23:22 PM »
He was no slouch
this reads a bit funny due to translation

Over the years, the Cross-Team-Toggenburg got more and more members. And proudly in 1995 the most famous and most successful motocross rider in Switzerland was added to our team.

Walter Kalberer from Züberwangen, who wrote Swiss motocross history for many years. His incredible catch-up hunters are legendary. Walter Kalberer grew under the cheers from the spectators crowd beyond himself and was able to win even after a bad start or ground contact hardest race. His modesty despite all the great success made him a crowd favorite in all of Switzerland. Walter Kalberer was born on August 7, 1945 and started his career as a 17-year-old boy with sidecar racing.

Unfortunately he died on Saturday 21.10.2006 after a motocross training in Flawil. The Cross Team Toggenburg not only loses one of the best riders of the Swiss motocross scene, but also a very good friend.

1967    Kalberer    Walter       Swiss master              National          250 cc
1968    Kalberer    Walter    Swiss master             National           500 cc
1969    Kalberer    Walter       Swiss master              International    500 cc
1970         Kalberer    Walter       Swiss master              International    500 cc
1971         Kalberer    Walter       Swiss master              International    500 cc
1972         Kalberer    Walter       Swiss master             International    500 cc
1973      Kalberer    Walter    Vice Swiss champion     International    500 cc    
1974    Kalberer    Walter    Swiss master             International    500 cc    
1975    Kalberer    Walter    Vice Swiss champion     International    500 cc    
1976    Kalberer    Walter    Swiss master             International    500 cc    
1977    Kalberer    Walter    Vice Swiss champion     International    500 cc    
1978    Kalberer    Walter    Swiss master             International    500 cc    
1978    Kalberer    Walter    Vice Swiss champion     Inter-Enduro    500 cc    
1979    Kalberer    Walter    Swiss master             International    500 cc    
1980    Kalberer    Walter    Swiss master             International    500 cc    
1981     Kalberer    Walter    Vice Swiss champion     International    500 cc    
1982    Kalberer    Walter    Vice Swiss champion     International    500 cc    
1985    Kalberer    Walter    Swiss master             Inter-Enduro    500 cc    
1986    Kalberer    Walter    Swiss master             Inter-Enduro    500 cc    
1987    Kalberer    Walter    Swiss master             Inter-Enduro    500 cc    
At the Six Days (six days enduro race) he reached 3x the gold medal and 1x the silver medal

Offline Curtis

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • japspec.com.au
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2019, 10:39:04 AM »
Thanks Geoff, great pics !! alot of moded MX bikes back then. I guess they were cheaper than the euros. Do you remember doing any suspension mods to the TT350?

Just updated the photo links, they should all work again now.

Wow, 10 years and I just realized I didn't reply to NSR :o

No Photos of Ricky, these are pretty much all I have.

Only vaguely remember the kart track, my times would have been poor as I was busy trying to stay upright.

Starting at the back its hard to imagine how you could have a good day on day one, it was just a big slopfest when I went through, guys always seem to get themselves stuck in the easy lines so going around them in the awkward lines just consumes time and energy, 300 k's a day of that shit was all too much for me :'(

Offline KTM47

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 23, 2019, 12:45:26 PM »
Great photo's Geoff.. I think some of those shots are on the Conondale motocross track. Didn't Dave Armstrong win outright that year?

Yes I think you are correct, a Motocross rider won the I4DE at his first attempt at Enduro.
MAICOS RULE DESPITE THE FOOLS

1999 KTM 200, 1976/77 KTM 400,1981 Maico 490

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2019, 07:17:14 PM »
Thanks Geoff, great pics !! alot of moded MX bikes back then. I guess they were cheaper than the euros. Do you remember doing any suspension mods to the TT350?

MX bikes were always around in Enduros, rode one myself in 87

I did get the suspension fiddled with not long after I ran it in, took it straight to Rod Sharp to have it revalved and he also fitted heavier springs back and front.
I think his theory was stronger springs and less compression dampening made it more plush for the trails but could still take the big hits.
It worked really good for me

He had proved himself to me in 86 so I just took my bikes straight to him in 87 & 88
Very talented guy, really new his stuff, sadly passed away a few years ago now