Author Topic: Broadford Vinduro  (Read 3985 times)

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Broadford Vinduro
« on: April 12, 2009, 08:17:01 PM »
Just wondering what people thought of the vinduro at broadford on saturdays bike bonanza?
IT WAS MY FIRST OUTING ON A VINDURO BIKE AND HAD AN ABSOLUTE BLAST. WHERE DO U FIND INFO ON OTHER VINDURO'S?
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
Re: Broadford Vinduro
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 09:14:19 PM »
Try  a PM to Drakie  (Peter Drakeford) here. He was the man doing the  big work for the Broadford Bonanza and is right into Vinduro. Cheers.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Mick

« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2009, 10:05:10 PM »
I helped with the lay out of the Broadford Vinduro track and put in some hours setting it up, I always have any new info on Vinduro's at www.endurobiketalk.com plus I am now putting up photo's of the day on my site, I have hundreds of photo's so it will take me sometime, feel free to copy any photo's you wont for your personal collection and if you have a name for the person in the shot-s let me know and I will add it.

Cheers Mick.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2009, 11:48:34 PM by Mick »

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2009, 05:14:53 AM »
G'day Mick, good to meet you and Sue down at the Vinduro camp, late saturday when i came down to see Hilly.

how come the vinduro didn't run on the sunday? or have i got that wrong.

Did you tie another session on with Hilly Sat night or was he pacing it.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2009, 10:11:17 AM »
I helped with the lay out of the Broadford Vinduro track and put in some hours setting it up, I always have any new info on Vinduro's at www.endurobiketalk.com plus I am now putting up photo's of the day, I have hundreds of photo's so it will take me sometime, feel free to copy any photo's you wont and if you have a name for the person in the shot-s let me know and I will add it.

Cheers Mick.
[/quote
 THANKS MICK, WHERE WILL THE PHOTOS BE POSTED? 
I LOOKING FORWARD TO THE NEXT ONE AT 3 BRIDGES, DO YOU PRE ENTER OR ANYTHING? I GOING TO GIVE THE IT250K A FINE TUNE AND GOOD GOING OVER FOR THE NEXT ONE. I LOST MY KICK START AND FEW OTHER BOLTS ON SATURDAY! THATS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE BIKE HASN'T BEEN RIDDEN FOR YEARS AND YOU RUSH :-[

Mick

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2009, 10:12:24 AM »
G'day Hoony good to meet you to mate as for the Vinduro not running on Sunday I also would like to know why we did not have it as every other track was running, we had so many people come up to us and ask is the Vinduro on today, when we told them no there not running today most were saying bullshit why not?

Only thing I heard is they did not want the dust going over the road bikes, did not seem to worry them Saturday.

As for Saturday night drinks with Hilly, between friday night drinks with Hilly and saturday riding slowed us all down  ;D plus the foot by foot fire with a 6 inch high flame we had got snuffed out by the rules officer  >:(  so we all hit the sack early.

Cheers Mick.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2009, 12:27:48 PM »
vinduro photos are here

http://endurobiketalk.com/forum/
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Sue

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2009, 01:23:38 PM »
G'day all

WOW    What a great weekend and fantastic weather, great track and great company.   :)
Thanks to Drakie and the volunteers Mick W, Mark, John S, Etho for finishing off setting up the track on Friday, i know it was a big job but well worth the effort.
I enjoyed riding around the track and learnt more everytime i went out, ate more dust to, lol
My DT 175 didnt miss a beat. I compeleted 3 full laps which is a improvement on Castella where i didnt finish 1 lap, so im as happy as a pig in mud  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Thanks again all involved

Sue
« Last Edit: April 13, 2009, 02:12:40 PM by Sue »

Offline jimbo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2009, 10:57:07 PM »
Congrat's to all involved ,talk about  getting the most out of a limited piece of land . The circuit was a blast ! I would of ridden longer if my filter had not dusted-up though i did manage  eight  laps .l loved the way the track opened up in front of you .sometimes if you were not looking ahead for the markers  you just did'nt know were to turn.Overall considering the lack of rain in the area the course held up well ,l found the layout flowed well from first gear tight stuff to wide open straights ,can'nt wait for 3 bridges .Regards Jimbo,

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2009, 08:00:06 AM »
I helped with the lay out of the Broadford Vinduro track and put in some hours setting it up,
Cheers Mick.

So your responsable for putting up so much bloody bunting ;D

I went round to the track on Monday, along with a few others to help take the bunting down.
I managed a final sweep lap to see what the track was like. It was a bit hard to appreciate while holding bunting inbetween my knees but it seemed like a good track, & yes they did do well to make that track as long as it was in that space.

The fires have upset a few venues for this year but their are some more in the planning,
I beleive...
3 bridges
Benalla
& maybe Haro
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Mick

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2009, 09:10:38 AM »
GMC I just wanted to have bunting on the corners in the open top section which is the section I put up with help from Mark, John and others plus we touched up and changed the rest of the track in spots to try and stop people getting lost and to make it safe for all, but a couple of moto-x lads that were there helping wanted bunting both sides of the track   ;D it seems they get lost with out it   ;), Just joking fella,s  We would have liked to made it a little longer but time run out and so did the bunting  :D

In the end I only had one real complaint come our way about the track which was a relief ( not sure if Drakie got any ) there seems to be loads of people who loved it, had plenty come over and told us they liked the tight tree sections ( Drakies work ) and then liked the way it went into the open fast stuff ( rest of teams work ) then back into the trees for the finish, you could get around the track in 9 to 13mins.

Cheers Mick.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2009, 07:16:02 PM by Mick »

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2009, 03:07:52 PM »
The Vinduro course was great, Drakie & Mick etc did a great job with what they had to work with. Hell, I liked it so much I managed to squeeze in 13 laps!

The timetable listed the vinduro as Saturday only, so I don't know where the confusion arose from.

I believe the next Vinduro event is on May 31. I can't recall where off the top of my head. I'll see y'all there!

Tex

classic 26

« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2009, 11:36:34 PM »
happy to here the vinduro  was so good at reg hunt park broadford u boys should be sending abig thankyou to two eighty year old gents from the east malvern motorcycle club being mick dillon and laurie saunders for loading all of the equipment in our club trailer for the vinduro course we would loved to help more if we had more notice. will pass on the nice coments to mick and laurie as there not into the forum thing.                        regards  DREW CAUGHEY PRESEDENT EMMCC

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 19, 2009, 08:46:42 PM »
Is there anyway there could me more vinduro's in the surrounding areas?
with everyone enjoying it  and such a good bunch of blokes, it would be good to keep the scene building?