Author Topic: Diary of a scam..  (Read 6313 times)

Offline cappra

• Legend
  • Glendale, Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Southwest Montesa
Diary of a scam..
« on: April 09, 2009, 09:46:46 am »
This the 4th time I have been hit by a scam artist.  Oddly, they are all coming from Australia!
Here is how it starts.  After the first e-mail asking about certain parts, and what credit cards I take, and if I ship to Australia,
Here is the next e-mail
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hello,

Thank for your email,I would like to proceed with my order via email
and i want you to know that i came across your store information via
Google and here is what i will like to order for,

Part Specials

1990-91 Cota 310 Lower Fork Guards  (40 PCS)

NOS Montesa Belt Buckles
Gold. Made in 1978. (20 PCS)

I will like you to get back to me with the total cost and the shipping
cost.and here is address for you to the shipping cost via ups or FedEx
or any other alternative shipping company.and please kindly get back
to me if this
items is in stock because i do not want any delay on this.

Best Regards
Frank Moore

Shipping Address:
Store World Supplies.
100 Miller St
North Sydney NSW 2060, Australia
Telephone:  61 3 95833387
Fax:  61 3 9585 0509
---------------------------------------------------------------
My response:

Frank,
40-lower fork guards-$400.00
20-Gold Belt buckles-$1000.00
Parts total-$1400.00
shipping to Australia by USPS-$89.00

Total of invoice-$1489.00 USD
All parts ready for immediate shipment.
---------------------------------------------------------------

Franks next e-mail a few hours later.

Hello,

thank you for your email,please i will like you to recalculate my order alone and get back to me with the  total cost of my order and worry  about the shipping cost because i have my personal shipping agent in SULPHUR,LOUISIANA,70663  USA , that will come for the pick up of the package in you stores and i have  inform them about this and they told me the best way to come for the pick up in your store is for you to email me the below,

1,Your name
2,Your store address
3,How many packages
4,weight of each box
5,How many boxes
6,Your Tel# and Fax #.
6,The ecaxt time the packages will be ready for pick up.

Kindly get back to me with the total amount of my order alone excluding the shipping cost, so i can forward you my credit card
details to process for the order.thank you for your co-operation and God will bless you.

Frank
----------------------------------------------------------------
My response.  Not my real name, address or phone number. (my actual address is on the website)

Frank,

1,Your name-----H. Milkmen
2,Your store address--8902 west Peoria Ave, Phoenix, Arizona  85201
3,How many packages--2
4,weight of each box--1 at 10lbs, 1 at 6lbs
5,How many boxes-2
6,Your Tel# and Fax #. 602-926-8181
6,The ecaxt time the packages will be ready for pick up.--any time after 4/08/09

Regards, Jared
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can anyone guess what the next e-mail will be about?  The big payoff is next!  stay tuned...

Rosco400

Re: Diary of a scam..
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2009, 10:10:13 am »
Cmon Jared, I'm waiting with baited breath :D

Offline Tahitian_Red

• Legend
  • Mugen ME480
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2009, 10:13:16 am »
I'm going to guess a funky method of overpaymnet and refund or a need to have your bank account number for funds transfer.
 ::)
The "Factory Novice"
California, USA

'74 Suzuki TM100, '75 Bultaco 250 Pursang, '77 Honda XR75, '77 Suzuki RM125B, '77 Yamaha YZ400D, '79 Honda CR250RZ Moto-X Fox Replica, '83 Honda ME480RD Mugen

Oggy Doggy

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2009, 10:15:33 am »
100 Miller st Nth Sydney is Northpoint, an office tower and shopping mall. There used to be a pub underneath the building called the Northpoint Tavern which was a notorious stomping ground for "suits" to score their party drugs, get pissed on overpriced Cosmopolitans and beat each other senseless with their lap tops and brief cases. The cops shut the joint down a while ago. There's no record of "Store World Supplies" in the phone book or on Google so that may be a sign that all ain't what it seems! There's a hint in the email exchange that English may not be the first language of our "Frank Moore" ( I will like you to get back to me", "and here is address for you to the shipping cost" ).
I'd keep "Frank" going as long as possible on this and have some fun with him.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 10:22:33 am by Oggy Doggy »

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 11:17:02 am »
The broken English should give it away, you can smell the scams a mile away as soon as they mention the words in wacky inglish and use the words "my shipping " agent.

heaps on Gumtree sites etc at the moment - really cheap late model cars, when you reply thye are always" currently working in england, and need to sell it and you can pay via secure ebay ? wtf your not evenon ebay.  dumb arses.  i alway semt them a reply now that goes along the idea of " i put a curse on you and your family and other heathan type, Ala will get you, prophicy statments to scare them into self harm and spirelling Black magic drama.

well i get a kick out of it anyway.  Fanatical / religious  types hate that posibility or no after life.  and most of them are id say.

gotta love a 'good you curse statment' dont you ?
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline cappra

• Legend
  • Glendale, Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Southwest Montesa
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 11:18:24 am »
Will post it as soon as I get it.  If it is like the other three, he will want me to process
his credit card for an amount higher than I quoted him on the parts, and will ask me to
send the difference to his "shipping agent" as he will say he owes him money and add some extra
(usually $200) to his bill for "my trouble"  This payment to his agent will usually be in the form
of a Western Union wire transfer.

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 12:38:56 pm »
This is real funny but makes no sense at all ??? WTF

ive had similar things like this before that seem genuine but are not. once had one or 2 people ask for PE parts i had for sale but when i see them write that their shipping agent will come and pick the parts up from me then i know that its suss. As soon as they mention anything like that its a dead giveaway.

i look forward to the next email from Frank Moore.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 12:48:47 pm by LWC3077 »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 01:23:25 pm »
20 gold belt buckles is an easier spot :D

Just ask why don't I just send it HERE and no need for the agent? A good one is to say you a flying out and you will bring the goods hand luggage and deliver it personaly.
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline cappra

• Legend
  • Glendale, Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Southwest Montesa
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 05:38:34 pm »
Bingo!  Anyone got any idea's on how to punish this jackass?

Hello,

Thanks for the total quote of my order.The total cost of my order is quite correct and okay by me and I'm ready to pay the bills send me an invoice via email and i will email you my Credit Card. But i just got  a response from my shipping Agent that he cannot receive payment via credit or debit card from me at the moment. So i want you to help me Charge another $600.00  USD to a shipping agent who is going to  pick up my ordered items from you.

The $600.00  USD that will be sent to the shipping agent is for the shipping of my order plus other items i ordered from different countries which will be deduct from my credit card.Also, I'm compensating you with the sum of $100 USD for the transfer fee and for your efforts. Please note that i should have given the shipping agency my credit card for him to deduct the shipping funds but he told me that he doesn't have the facilities to charge or debit credit card,so that's why i bring my vote of confidence in you and i don't want you to betray  the vote of confidence i put in you, so i want you to transfer the funds to him after you have make the  charges and the money charged from my credit card is in your account,then you can now make the transfer  to the agent via western union.i will have love to do this my sealf but there no western union here around me,So the charges you'll make on my credit card will be:

Order Fee (1489.00 US)
Agent fee with shipping fare  ($600.00.00USD)
Transfer Fee plus Your  Compensation ($100.00 USD)
Total:($2189 USD)

Note that my credit card will be charged for the amounts above.Please do get back to me if you are in the office right now so that i can forward my credit card details to you , then you can charge full amount and transfer the agent funds to him via western union or money gram.

Thanks for your co-operation & understanding. Hope to read from you ASAP.

Frank

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 05:49:13 pm »
faaaaaaarr out, how complicated does he wanna make it, what a joke. lets see what good ideas people can give you to reply to him with, but i do think its a good idea to play dumb with him. ;D
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 06:14:07 pm by LWC3077 »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

DR

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 06:15:23 pm »
 :D what a bloody wanker!!  :D :D :D

tell him he's dreaming ;)

oldfart

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 06:15:54 pm »
Thanyou for your speedy reply and the confidence that you have in me . Can you supply me with your shipping agents details so I can sort out the payment. Failing this I will request a holdiing deposit to be payed with 1 hour to my office

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 06:41:54 pm »
what a bloody wanker!!   

i agree!

why dont you tell Frank  to send payment to the shipping agent him self via paypal, cheque, cash money order, brank transfer etc.

he wants you to send $600 for the shipping of the parts to the US shipper, why doesnt he pay for the shipping himself? ???

or just tell him to forget his stupid shipping agent in USA idea, and that YOU will charge him the $89 USD for shipping and send the parts your self out to him, with USPS as most 'normal' deals are done. when you get payment from him then you ship him the parts. simple and easy as that.

why does he want to use 'his shipping agent' who suposedly wants $600 to ship the parts when your gonna charge him onlt $89 for shipping??? why does he want to pay more just to use his own shipper? this is really dumb eh.

then see what he says.....'ohhhh but i want my US shipping agent to come an pick the goods up from you and then he will ship the parts to me'....well stiff s%&$ matey if you cant pay your shipping agent the shipping fee and you dont pay me then no parts from me to you im affraid.

thats what i would say i reckon :)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2009, 06:48:54 pm by LWC3077 »

Offline YZ250H

• Legend
  • Back in QLD Baby !
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 06:57:07 pm »
What about offering to deliver to his shipping agent and picking up some sort of cash deposit from them with the remiander on the card. 
Maybe with some BS like "your bank has a maximum transaction of $xxxx for overseas currencies"  Just doing the Aussie thing and trying to save him some agents fees ;).  After all it's the least you can do for such a "big order"
Looking for YZ250C parts NOS if possible

"My inability to use emoticins in the right context is really getting me down :)
The only triple jumps he would have been doing are the hop, skip & jump.

Offline cappra

• Legend
  • Glendale, Arizona
    • View Profile
    • Southwest Montesa
« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2009, 06:59:28 pm »
Our little buddy Frank did say that he owed his "agent" extra money from other purchases.
Also, that he did not have a western union near him to send the money (?)
I am wondering if I process his credit card and it comes back good, how long he has to cancel
the transaction.  Might also be using a stolen credit card as well.