Author Topic: Kiwi Vintage Mister Motorcross at Fordell  (Read 5338 times)

Kiwi Vintage Mister Motorcross at Fordell
« on: April 06, 2009, 08:22:34 pm »
Just got back from a four day weekend in NZ . Had a ball (was there any doubt). When Rocksberg gets cancelled in Queensland due to rain, i was riding on a beautiful day and thrashing other guys bikes (factory). There was a bit of dust which is the norm for a Queenslander!
Racing was on the saturday, trophy presentation was on the saturday night which was a blast. A bit of a low point on the saturday night was being felt up by a guy named Abdul. They said he was acting like that as he had some kind of condition, i think it he was a necrophiliac  (in joke).
Huge thanks to DJ and partner Karen , for the hospitality. To TM Bill for the use of his bikes and usual comedy relief. To John Tate for driving me to and from the airport. To Geraldo for the use of his '83 kx250 weapon. To Lloyd for his hospitality as well. Got to catch up with guys i met last time and met some more.
Look out if some of these Kiwis come over. There are some seriously fast guys over there. Got to meet and see Murray Anderson in action. In his fifties and fastest guy out there(multi NZ champ). Nice guy and Great bike as well. 83 cr480 with a Mugen kit and Ohlins on the rear.
Highly recommended trip!
Cheers guys.

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
Re: Kiwi Vintage Mister Motorcross at Fordell
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 08:28:15 pm »
sounds great brad i am jealous :P
i think myself and johnny o
should come over next time ;)
follow me to first turn

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2009, 08:32:14 pm »
Yep great idea.. I'm selling of the surplus bikes so i stop wasting $$ on them and put it towards a trip OS.

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2009, 10:24:41 am »
Holeshot and Johnny O' your names were mentioned (over the weekend) as guys that should come on over. As always we will try to help you out as much as possible. We can even arrange a date with Abdul, who I'm sure took a fancy to 090 in his flash riding gear. ;D
Brad & John, always a pleasure to have you over here, and I hope you got enough riding, Im just sorry we didnt get to finish off the bottle of opal nera. Looking forward to CD6 now and catching up with all the guys over there.
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2009, 05:00:12 pm »
A couple of pictures from the days racing.

DR

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2009, 05:05:46 pm »
is that an imposter doing a TMBill impersonation on the TS185 in the bottom pic and why is the 219 RM400 front number changed to 73 in the second pic? mmmm..a cunning stunt by William to confuse the lap scorers me thinks ;D

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2009, 05:11:47 pm »
Doc thats the bike you want isnt it? (not a TS185 but a TS90MX) and when you take 13 bikes to a meeting the numbering gets a bit crazy. ;D  New number for 090 = 73

DR

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2009, 05:15:26 pm »
a TS90MX eh! ;D yes yes yes! I thought the thing looked a little small or Bill had beefed up but the funny mag cover had me wondering. I guessed wrong as usual :D I do have myself a TS90 these days courtesy of the Dodge and while it won't be a TS90MX it will be a replica of the kitted TS90 ;) I was going to take lots of bikes to CD6 but I've cut it back to 2 or 3 at most to avoid such confusion ;)

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2009, 07:24:34 pm »
Sooo  pray tell how well did Brad do against our NZ  bros, if its anything to go by he kicks butt over here

dont know if many kiwis want to come over here for a flogging :D

Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2009, 07:31:56 pm »
I will answer that one Graham. I only managed one win all weekend. Wasn't quite in my comfort zone in the beginning. But two guys had it all over me.  Murray Anderson on a cr480rd ( ex NZ Champ), and Danny ( cant remember his last name). I would love to see them over here and have a crack in my back yard.Would be fun.

Hey DJ, any chance you have a pic of the KX i rode?

Offline Graham

• A-Grade
  • Fast TT meets Drunks Hill
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2009, 07:38:35 pm »
Brad are many coming  over for CD6 or Nationals
Gosh its a shame a slow 4 stroke trail bike can go so Fast !!

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2009, 07:49:44 pm »
The usual suspects, aka DJ and TMBill. Mark W has confirmed his flight and several others have said they are coming. A chap named Brian , who won the evo vintage champs (that was the final on the weekend just gone) is coming over for the champs. There will be a few from conversations coming over for cd6.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2009, 09:48:13 pm »
Will the RM125 with the blue rims be heading over for Nationals.  8)
Its a very nice set up like that  :-*   
Alison
Best is in the West !!

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2009, 10:04:33 pm »
The KX with Brad a board.

TM BILL

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2009, 09:19:40 am »
Thanks to Brad , John and Steve for making the trip over again great to have you blokes here  :)  and thanks again for bringing me pushie over  ;D It was a great finish to a top series Brad had my RM 400 wound up like its never been ridden before , Brad lackey rode it when he was here but i think Brad found another gear  ;D

John liked Jocelyns Blue RM and the 250 / 370 hybrid once he had set it up to suit :) and said the dust reminded him of home  ;D

Steve Sweeny has really got to grips with the Natural terrain and was cutting some good laps on the day.

A personall highlight for me was having 3 generations of TM bill stock ( my Dad my oldest daughter & Me ) racing at the same event and somtimes in the same race.

Prizegiving was as usual a rowdy affair with team Abdul getting our fair share of prizes and piss ;D

Sorry Alison the Blue RM belongs to my Daughter and she threatening to take it back to the UK to race some Pommy events as long as the old man continues to sponsor her  ::)

;D However if it makes you happy i will take a paintbrush to the rims of dodgees B that im riding at the nats  ;)