Author Topic: Revetech Crank  (Read 2914 times)

mx250

Revetech Crank
« on: September 28, 2007, 07:04:36 am »
Have you seen this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt4jKy1oXCY

Its been around a while. It may be two years since I first saw it. Revetech use to have it own web site but it appears to be down.

Often times you see new innovations and you think 'snake oil or slice bread?'. The first time I saw this I went 'yes'. It's advantage, beauty and simplicity just jumps out and you think 'why didn't I think of that'.

I think they claim a 60% gain in efficience - other claims are made on the video - all seem fairly believeable. What I love is the lateral thinking of addressing inefficences of the crank rather than recipercating motion of the crank (the aim of rotories etc). The other thing I love about the revetech crank is that all the current knowledge, technology, machinery etc of the head, pistons and cylinder can be applied to the revetech motor.

I can't understand why its been so long in been picked up and applied. I know there are lead times and further research etc etc but it still seems a long time. I would at least expect some commotion in the press. The video does say the Chinese have shown an interest. The old web site said that an Indian Company had signed a licence.

Whatchathink?

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
Re: Revetech Crank
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2007, 08:52:52 am »
A Boxer engine without conrods......its still converting lateral  motion to circulatory motion thus inefficent . Any conversion of anything results  in a loss. With  the hydrogen fuel cell and electric engines being developed i doubt the engine above in its current form will  see too much daylight.

mx250

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2007, 09:07:54 am »
A Boxer engine without conrods......its still converting lateral motion to circulatory motion thus inefficent . Any conversion of anything results  in a loss.
Yes, but its the way that the lateral motion is converted into rotation. In a reciprocating engine the crank is at the least efficient at pushing on the crank (which is the crank at 90 degrees) when the force is at its max pressure (TDC). With the same force acting on a cam these can become more efficient.

With  the hydrogen fuel cell and electric engines being developed i doubt the engine above in its current form will  see too much daylight.
Think hydrogen, think Hindenburg. Hydrogen cell have a way to go in every regard including efficiency. Current technology coupled with this crank has the promise of picking up 60% efficiency - a nice quick and needed improvement in efficiency while we wait for the new technology to develop and it supporting infrastructure to be put in place, I would have thought. 

mx250

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 06:23:30 pm »
I thought that the revetech crank would have created sxomeinterest and comments........

Here's a variation; shows that there is nothing truely 'new' (although I prefer the Revetech design which I think is more mechanically efficient).

Doc

« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 08:03:59 pm »
now for a real engine..this little baby was built in 1932 and only weighs 1400tonnes ;D

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=unAsUugK9zw

oldfart

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 08:45:36 pm »
Brad
        The bloke in the Black shirt , Developed the motor in the late 1980s at Nerang on the Gold Goast
They all thought he was mad  and that  it  would never amount to anything.
The first working model required compressed air to create momentum( 1990 ) and would rev its tits off then .
He took out a world patient and copy rights , then approached the government of Qld for backing  ???
Not a red cent... he then sold shares ( which I bought into )
17 years have past and I made a pretty penny from my investment and the bloke THEY ALL THOUGHT WAS MAD is worth millions

mx250

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 09:55:30 pm »
You seem to be in the 'know' Oldfart, so, will it ever see the light of day.

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 06:36:48 am »
http://www.revetec.com/   Looks fascinating!
« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 06:48:24 am by lukeb1961 »

oldfart

« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 09:34:46 am »
Graeme
           As per my previous post, the first proto was air assisted which proved his theory would work
and was all fabricated at home on a hand lathe and milling machine  :)

Luke ... the early days was where I was involved as money was tight and the sceptics were out there to prove him wrong .. the laughs on them as they missed the boat   ....knockers the world is full of them

Brad-  Theory was that  4 strokes had too many moving parts and that a simple cam design would be the way to go 8)

X    motor mechanic at Lockhart Holden ,that had a vision ..... the rest is history

GOOD ON YOU MATE         

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 10:42:06 pm »
I think this great invention has been tested by the U.S.A defence force to get more miles out of there transport trucks in one of there desert conflicts of late.While the Aussie government sit around watching all the great ideas go overseas.
Just a balless freak having a go