Author Topic: HELP NEEDED WITH PRE65 TRIBSA DIRTTRACKER  (Read 1605 times)

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
HELP NEEDED WITH PRE65 TRIBSA DIRTTRACKER
« on: March 30, 2009, 10:22:14 pm »
at the moment i have got 1955 bsa a10 swing arm frame,ossa front forks and tripples.girling shocks,dirttrack seat&rear guard.i was going to put my art senior 350 ariel and burmen box in it but i am more inclined to go for 650 unit triumph motor.what rear wheel should i get.my swing arm is only 7 in wide.my early ridged arial wheel is to wide.would the bultaco/monty/ossa full width rear wheels take the power of  650 triumph.i know people use cz wheels but i am not brakeing my 2 mx bikes just for the forks and wheels.
any help or ideas welcome
cheers
jim

dirtrumpy

Re: HELP NEEDED WITH PRE65 TRIBSA DIRTTRACKER
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2009, 09:30:58 am »
Hi Jim,
        For ease of installation I rekon you cant go past the triumph/bsa conical rear hub, it will sit perfectly within the 7" swing arm. Yes it may be a little heavier than a CZ etc hub but much easier to find here in oz. I ran one of these in my Triumph 650 metisse last year in the Heaven rounds.
A set of CZ hubs fortunately landed in my lap over the off season which are now fitted, I must say, they look much nicer!!!!!

Oggy Doggy

« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 10:28:54 am by Oggy Doggy »

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 11:58:48 am »
i have 2 of those already watching.thanks
with the triumph/bsa conical rear hub i have seen on ebay the seller says the swing arm with needs to be 8 in ie a65 also there is a qd wheel on ebay usa again the seller says 8 in width.
cheers
jim

dirtrumpy

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 12:23:22 pm »
Hi Jim,
         I have just re-measured my swing arm and it is definately 7", the conical hub fitted in there nicely with a spacer approx 3/4" on the non sprocket/brake side. Maybe in your case it is an alignment issue? You are more than welcome to borrow my wheel to check suitability if you like, I'm in Sydney's inner west.

Mike