Author Topic: Viper Round 1. What a day !!!  (Read 2397 times)

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
Viper Round 1. What a day !!!
« on: March 30, 2009, 09:19:07 pm »
Well i finally got to race a Viper meeting instead of just going to watch and thinking i`m gonna do that when i get the time, the last 3 weeks this bike has taken up just to get race ready was worth it.

A big thankyou to everyone involved in running this meeting, it`s great to race at a meeting like this where the racing just keeps coming with no major hold ups and the track to be so well prepared and watered during the day. Thanks to the SES for the corner marshalling and Dawn for the help with getting my first Viper entry sorted.

Can`t wait for the next round and some good racing with a great bunch of people.  Peter. :)
YAMAHA  you know you want one !!!  Viper #50

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Viper Round 1. What a day !!!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2009, 10:03:06 pm »
I couldn't agree more!

Tex

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2009, 10:25:36 pm »
Well i finally got to race a Viper meeting instead of just going to watch and thinking i`m gonna do that when i get the time, the last 3 weeks this bike has taken up just to get race ready was worth it.
A big thankyou to everyone involved in running this meeting, it`s great to race at a meeting like this where the racing just keeps coming with no major hold ups and the track to be so well prepared and watered during the day. Thanks to the SES for the corner marshalling and Dawn for the help with getting my first Viper entry sorted.
Can`t wait for the next round and some good racing with a great bunch of people.  Peter. :)

Good on ya. 8) ..Life's Good hey  ;D
Best is in the West !!

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2009, 05:30:52 am »
couldn't make this one Peter, how did you go?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Billet YZ

• Legend
  • Melton Victoria.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 09:05:26 am »
G`day Hoony,
                   i went a lot better than i thought. I ended up with 3rd for the day in the Evo 250 class and 1st in the 40 - 44 years Evo class,  it`s a shame you missed this meeting as you couldn`t have asked for a better day.  Peter.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 01:03:51 pm by Billet YZ »
YAMAHA  you know you want one !!!  Viper #50

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 09:45:19 pm »
Hi guys,

Yes I agree, we couldnt have asked for a better day, at least the weather this time ,wasnt a dampner like half way thru last year, when we had to can it at lunchbreak, because of the wet, can anyone remember what rain looks like  ??? We always like to host the 1st round for the Viper team & yes, although a very hectic time from all perspectives, it was a good day. A special thanks to my better half, Tanya & Alex Yeomanson for helping us get the ball rolling on Saturday arvo watering, for Mr Perkins & company for the entertainment on Sat evening, a very funny night, wing wing  ;D ;D and also his helping hand on race day & a big thanks to Mrs YZ Hilly & family & the add ons to help me with lapscoring, especially when the open all powers class came up  :-\ for helping me out, extremely grateful !! I hope there wasnt too many disputes. Congrats to all winners & placegetters. I have feedback on the last crash on the day, No 426 Open all powers, he is ok, but waiting for confirmation on the other, will keep you posted.

Mrs Maico #54   :D

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 05:26:37 am »
G`day Hoony,
                   i went a lot better than i thought. I ended up with 3rd for the day in the Evo 250 class and 1st in the 40 - 44 years Evo class,  it`s a shame you missed this meeting as you couldn`t have asked for a better day.  Peter.

well done mate! right up the point end again.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline gsr

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 09:14:26 am »
what an awesome day it was to be back on the track at a viper meet again,, thanks to everyone that helped out over the weekend. Tanya says a big sorry for the guys who missed out on their trophies in the pre 85 big bore class and will have these at the next round at corner inlet
Alex
Ex viper#86

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2009, 10:17:18 am »
well it was a good day all round managed to pull a 2nd in the pre 85 big bores on the w/e wich was good all round cheers to those who made the event possible
MUGEN power