Author Topic: Whos going to Broadford at Easter  (Read 31727 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Whos going to Broadford at Easter
« Reply #180 on: July 04, 2009, 09:29:44 PM »
Bit of a practice day  8)

Motorcycling Victoria to hold Bushfire Relief Day
Posted: Friday, 3rd July, 2009 : 11:48 PM - - 433 Reads -
Motorcycling Victoria (MV) will conduct a Bushfire Relief Social Day at the State Motorcycle Sports Complex at Broadford on Saturday, 8 August 2009.

All circuits at the Complex will be open on the day, with the aim being to raise money for the MV Bushfire Fund. The MV Bushfire Fund was launched earlier this year by MV who wished to raise money for its members who were affected by the devastating bushfires.

All the money raised on the day will go towards the MV Bushfire Fund, and once completed MV will compile all the money raised over the last few months and divide it between those members whose situation was made aware to MV, with the aim of keeping them involved in the sport they love.

On the day, practice sessions will be available on the Road circuit, Motocross track, Supercross track, Dirt Track, Enduro loop and Trials area.

There will be a one off fee of $30 which will entitle the rider to participate on any track for which their bike is suitable. For example, a person with a Motocross bike could participate on the Motocross track, Supercross track and Enduro loop all for just $30.

Riders can even bring two different bikes and ride on the different circuits and still only pay $30. Classic MX and Quads are also welcome and will be allocated time on the MX track and Enduro loop on their own while the main groups have a break.

For those wishing to ride on the Road Circuit and Supercross track, there are some conditions (outlined below) that you need to be aware of.

Ride Fees

$30.00 – allows you to ride Motocross, Supercross*, Dirt Track, Enduro and Trials for the day. A current MV/MA licence is required. For those who do not hold a current licence, a one-day licence can be purchased on the day for $20.00.

* Supercross track – bookings are essential for the SX track and it will run only in the afternoon by an accredited coach who can complete SX Endorsements, which are required to ride. If you are not currently SX Endorsed this can be completed before the open practice session and, again, bookings are essential as numbers will be limited and it is on a first come first served basis. Bookings for the SX Track can be made by calling the MV Office on 03 9482 5422

** Road Circuit – the Road Circuit will be run by Champions Ride Days under their normal conditions at their normal rates, much of which will be donated to the MV Bushfire Fund. Bookings are essential and can be done through Champions directly at www.championsridedays.com.au.

This day would not be possible without the help of our dedicated volunteers from several of our affiliated clubs, Champions Ride Days and the MV Staff at both the Clifton Hill Office and Broadford. A big thank you must also be extended to the Harley Club for opening up their land adjoining the Complex for use of their wonderful Trials area, which will be enjoyed by all participants.

MV invites you all to join us on this day and enjoy all that Broadford has to offer, with a great day of riding whilst also helping out your fellow Motorcycling Victoria members by contributing to the MV Bushfire Fund. If you can volunteer some time on the day to assist with the smooth running of the event, please contact the MV Office.

Food and drinks will be available on the day and will be provided by local groups who have also been affected by the bushfires.

More specific details will be available on the MV website in the week prior to the event.
Best is in the West !!

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: July 05, 2009, 06:46:25 PM »
Hey that sounds like a good day at Broadford  i might head up for that if i can get saturday off .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 05, 2009, 07:14:26 PM »
hey Hilly, i might just join you on this one.

may be time to swap bikes on the MX track, and i may even get the 250 into Dirt Track mode as well.

Hey Alison, could you post the direct link to this if you have time.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 07:20:41 PM by Hoony »
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 05, 2009, 10:07:47 PM »
Yep i'm ready Hoony i'll start doin pushups tonight so i can hang  on to the beast . I'm hanging out to get on the flattrack agagin.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 06, 2009, 02:30:26 PM »
the only pushup i can imagine you doing Hilly is when you fall off the bar stool to get back up again  ;)
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Mick

« Reply #185 on: July 06, 2009, 03:59:24 PM »
Push ups Hilly  :D :D  here have a Bourbon and some pizza mate and you can think about it a bit more ;D

Cheers Mick.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 11:07:43 PM by Mick »

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 07, 2009, 09:45:14 PM »
C'mon you blokes i take my riding very seriously i only drink sports drinks before a ride and get plenty of sleep the night before.
Viper #436

Devilman

« Reply #187 on: July 08, 2009, 04:49:38 PM »
Hey Hilly just coz Woodstock sponsor the honda boys doesn't mean its a sports drink ;)