Author Topic: Whos going to Broadford at Easter  (Read 31729 times)

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Whos going to Broadford at Easter
« on: March 27, 2009, 05:37:46 PM »
Whos going to Big Banaza at Easter all the people that were coming with me from Tassie have now chickened out and I will be needing someone to drink with ;D Surely I will find a couple of blokes who like a beer as much as me. Looking forward to it.

Cheers
Fatboy

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Whos going to Broadford at Easter
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 05:42:45 PM »
Well, they can't have been to committed then, can they. You're kidding bud, you'll rustle up some drinking buddies in about 20 mins flat I'd reckon. Make sure you sneak over the hill to the roadrace circuit, to avail yourself of the wail of the 250 Honda 4 paraded by 1969 World 250 champ Kel Carruthers, one of the sounds of the last century. Enjoy your weekend.  ;)
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 05:47:05 PM »
Fatboy, you should be coming over to NZ for our final round and prizegiving..... plenty of beer and people to drink with,  will we eye you at CD6?
If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 08:04:14 PM »
Sadly I cant make it to CD6 but will be at the Nats, I would love to come to NZ for a race .I will be going to the road race track as I am planing on taking my K2 750/4 for a few laps around the track.

It would have been nice for the tassie guys to make the effort to come along but anyway I will fly the flag for tassie and Fatboyracing

see ya all soon make sure you look me up for a drink  ;D ;D

Cheers
Fatboy,

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 09:40:59 PM »
Hey Fatboy i will be there sometime over the weekend ,my new job has tightened up my weekend but will look you up for a beer .Hilly.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline matcho mick

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Moto Tumbi
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2009, 11:10:33 PM »
hey Hilly,i'm going down a week early ;D, typically my fugging road race motors in bits on the bench,parts coming monday but  ::), vic titles 1st,then playtime easter,whoo hoo can't wait,don't worry fatboyracing,no shortage of hospitality imbibing aquaintances ;),,GD you doing titles??
work,the curse of the racing class!!
if a hammer dosn't fix it,you have a electrical problem!!

Mick

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 01:41:55 AM »
We will be there thursday night I hope, so will have plenty of time for drinks Fatboy, we will have 2 blue bike shades side by side with Aussie flags flying and PE 400 X plus 2 DT's so feel free to drop in for a beer.

Cheers Mick & Sue

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2009, 01:50:33 AM »
hey Hilly,i'm going down a week early ;D, typically my fugging road race motors in bits on the bench,parts coming monday but  ::), vic titles 1st,then playtime easter,whoo hoo can't wait,don't worry fatboyracing,no shortage of hospitality imbibing aquaintances ;),,GD you doing titles??

Not sure Mick, a fair slice of the budget will be going into the Husky for the winter, and awaiting some clarity on the future of the job, but the Morgan Park track looks a blinder for classics, so am intending to ride Nats, Broady for Southern Classic, and Phillip Island Classic again, like this summer. Really was too much fun to be legal..... :D
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2009, 02:09:30 PM »
Fatboy - I'll go with you - any chance of dropping by work to pick me up though!!!!! ;D

Rossco
Tanzania,
East Africa
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2009, 09:14:11 PM »
 hey matcho  mick give us a bell when you get in town . and the other mick  i'll be havin a beer at  your  place sometime over the weekend .see ya there.
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2009, 05:13:40 AM »
Ha Rossco,
No worrys Ill pick you up in my private jet we can fly to melbourne and then we will take my helicoper out to broadford Ill see if I can orginize my topless hostess to help us out on the flights ;D ;D

See ya soon

Cheers
Fatboy

mx250

« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2009, 10:38:56 AM »
Everything is up in the air for me. My wife has very inconsiderately had a 'mini stroke', irregular heart beat and palpitations ::). It been treated with medications (drugs) but there is a whole range of tests and doctors visits to get things right.

I want to go but probably won't make the decision until the night before ::).

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2009, 12:46:59 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Hope the wife is recovering well MX250.

i hope to be there but not sure which day as yet due to work! not sure if i will be riding or spectating either.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

mx250

« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2009, 01:03:19 PM »
Sorry to hear that, Hope the wife is recovering well MX250.
Thanks Hoony, just life at the sharp end hey!  :-\. Everything is going well, symptoms were recognized and treated early, Diane is a good patient and we have top cover and the best care with HCF 8). It's kept us poor over the years but it pays off at times like this. But even so there can still be $200 gaps in the fees ::). One quack we went to had a fee 3 times the schedule fee :o. I don't interfer, Di gets the best when it comes to health ;).

But it's a reminder for all of us - life is short, life is fickle; get in and live each day to the max ;D. And that's the balance I have to strike in this case - be available for Di and still keep my own life and interests. I have to err towards Di but I'll keep my opportunities open to the last moment. Hope to see all of you down there, with or without a bike, with or without my riding gear ;D.

May you live in interesting times ;D.

Oggy Doggy

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2009, 03:35:44 PM »
There doesn't seem to be much enthusiasm for the Bonanza on the forum. I remember the lead up to CD5 last year was almost a frenzy and thought the Bonanza would incite some similar exitement. Is it the economy holding people back or is there something else I'm missing? I was considering going for a look but I haven't spoken to one person who's committed to go. What's the score?