Author Topic: firko  (Read 8738 times)

mx250

Re: firko
« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2009, 08:16:32 pm »
Never back down I say. 8)
I thought it was 'first to back off loses' ;D.

Thats what I'm thinking going for the holeshot ;)

TM BILL

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2009, 08:19:37 pm »
You are brave man Ross . I am just counting the minutes till the balcony replies ( remember the muppet show balcony caracters ?)

Man they were a class act ;D Hornet do you remember the swissdish chef  ;)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 08:21:46 pm by TM BILL »

Hornet

« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2009, 08:33:26 pm »
everyone does 8)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2009, 11:18:25 pm »
I and a hell of a lot of other forum members totally agreed with him over the slipping standards of the forum, the difference is that he said openly what he and many others were only thinking which left him out on a limb with little support.

I'm at a loss for words... You're saying that you totally agreed with him, and yet you were happy to let him cop all the flack?

Or have I misunderstood?

For the record, its well known that Firko and I disagreed on plenty of stuff. But I think that his absence from the forums is a genuine loss and a shame - just as Tony's and Doc's absences are/were.
I look foward to catching up with all of them at various times throughout the year.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Phil

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2009, 11:27:44 pm »
I think you may have misinterpeted what I was trying to say Nathan. All I was trying to say was that many agreed with what he said privately but few said so online. I did go in to support him and now proudly wear the "good old boys" moniker for doing so. We may get stickers made up for CD6. ;D

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2009, 12:27:01 am »
Anonymous
I and a hell of a lot of other forum members totally agreed with him over the slipping standards of the forum, the difference is that he said openly what he and many others were only thinking which left him out on a limb with little support.

I'm at a loss for words... You're saying that you totally agreed with him, and yet you were happy to let him cop all the flack?

Yep, I'm guilty of that.

I like to look in this site for enjoyment, sharing thoughts with like minded people.
But from watching I have seen that it's not worth getting involved with some of the shit fights that go on.
North going Zacs meet South going Zacs,  no one quits till they have had the last word.

And I don't know who I'm reading on here lately.
Chrome shopping trolleys?? 9 posts & you butt in like youv'e been on here for years >:(

I don't mind if you want to stay anonymous but creating virtual personalities & hiding behind a secret alias so you can bag people isn't cool.

& where did @ come from??  200 plus posts out of nowhwere??

I can see why Firko won't be coming back, mention of him finding some bikes brings out all sorts of jealosy, the same sort of shit he copped when he was here making the posts.

I didn't always agree with Firko but his posts were always worth reading & I think it's the forums loss

Where are they now...Tony T, Eno, Yamaboy, all MIA

G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

All Things 414

« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2009, 07:33:49 am »
The Good 'Ol Boys...... ;)

« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 07:44:35 am by 390 Ross »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2009, 08:23:22 am »
Based on the avatar and writing style, I'm pretty sure that @ is billjackjane/cammos.

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

PJR

« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2009, 12:44:23 pm »
Firko asked me to post the following:
At first I thought this thread was going to turn into yet another shitsling but thankfully, I was very wrong. I'm gobsmacked by the support and kindness from you folks have shown since I had my little protest retirement. I'm honestly humbled by it all. I was starting to believe that Red Ross and Freakshow were right and that I was turning into one of those cantankerous old blowhards waffling on about the 'olden days' and boring everyone shitless with my opinions. This thread has shown that my rantings must have achieved some good on the forum. I also understand that there are some who don't like me (or the "good old boys" it seems) but I'm a big old boy and can handle their rejection. The number of PMs I recieved supporting my stance however proves to me that I wasn't alone. I was just the stupid one to say it out aloud and I copped the expected barage from the expected sources.

The heart and soul of this forum is the amazing treasure chest of tech information and history that have come forth that has helped us become that little bit more knowledgable. The forum has also opened up our minds to bikes and people we've never previously known and allowed us to open new friendships with folks who share the same passion. I have become enriched by the experience and I hope that my rantings have entertained and informed you as well.

As my dear "good old boys" have aluded to, I've got a few things going at once right now. My 90 year old mum is suffering some health issues and I've taken on the job as her carer. It's a big job but I'm sure any son would do the same for his mum. It's something we have to do. In between I'm putting in some shed action to get the new bikes up and running for CD6. We were going to attend the Honda Bonanza but Mum, the economy downturn, my trip to Adelaide this weekend for the Clipsal V8 race and the fact that none of the bikes will be ready have caused us to can the Bonanza trip. For the moment I'll stay away from contributing to the forum and concentrate all of my efforts into the jobs at hand and to avoid the temptation of entering into yet another tedious slanging match with the forces of inanity.

Thank you all so much for the kind words, they've boosted my self esteem to new levels and have renewed my belief that the good guys (and gals) on the forum far outweigh the wankers. I hope to share a yarn and a beer with all of you at CD6 and Conondale and Raymond Terrace Nats.

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2009, 12:55:51 pm »
Damn!!! the Bonanza has lost a giant draw card , No Firko  >:( and I am very very serious about that. Was really looking forward to a chat , some differing opinions and a good belly laugh or two. You take best care love and respect of your Mum Firko. Cheers mate.
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Evil Rudy

« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2009, 01:43:39 pm »
Wow, let’s all hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

Love your work Firk.

More importantly I love your backbone. The world is far too full of invertebrates... many of whom cross dress on this forum.

Would have loved to "share the blame" with you this past weekend for a quiet shanty. Wait till some of the pictures come out... for once Magoo and Rossco made me look angelic.

However, I am apparently on double secret probation with Dennis.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2009, 02:02:32 pm »
This thread is just getting way too weird for me, were all taking in the 3rd person, to a 3rd person,for a third person, then directly to a member who apparently isnt here, but yet seems to be completely up to date word for word on the thread (or Firks are you coming in as a guest for your VMX fix)  then folks are claiming they have sinned and need confession and go onto align them selves after the fact, like some stolen generation or talking bout your ex you never married.     

FWIW, GMC Ghost or double accounts were were first practiced by certain shock freinds answering there own questions and slagging off, that practice moved onto others who saw the thrill of the Annonimity. thankfully it has died off and i havent seen it run at the levels it was 2 months ago, and they have all settled down and got back to there main accounts.

Though Im not sure why this post is getting legs again, From what i remember Firko took a break on perfectly sound and happy grounds, so im not sure PM's and backroom discussions need to be aired here, as to what may have happend or what should have happend its all conjecture and negative vibing again.

HE needed the break, its doing him good and hell be back.   Let it go.

The universe is in balance .   Your everything will be back to normal in its own time.

This thread is now moving onto just stir old pots, and it should be locked.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 03:44:14 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2009, 02:15:10 pm »
I agree with everything and everyone

Let's lock it down and move on - Mark's a big boy and can well and truly look after himself I'm sure. Look after Mrs Firkin by the way Mark - she is a special lady.

No more Dr Phil shit - let's talk OZVMX

Dave Mac  :D (who isn't allowed to LOL anymore, LOL LOL LOL LOL)
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

magoo

« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2009, 02:25:29 pm »
I just can't believe that Firko IS NOT a cantankerous old blowhard waffling on about the old days. That's what I liked most about him but I must have been mistaken. And don't you bring me into your troubled world oh Evil one, I was quietly tucked up in bed with my Teddy when you and that Rossco chap behaved in an appalling manner on the weekend

PJR

« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2009, 03:07:59 pm »
I left that part out of Firkos post. He wanted it to be the wind up but I left that bit out when I transposed it.   Let's move on, I'm sure everyone can share the love over a margarita and a beer with the slowly shrinking big guy in the Kevlar Kompound at the upcoming big ones.
Ji Gantors amply supplying our tecno education, Mick De is filling the Maico shoes better than most, and Freakys learned how to spell and articulate. The balance is back. I'll now crawl back into Good 'Ol Boy HQ and leave you alone.