Author Topic: thinking of putting bikes in a show tomorrow , is it a good thing to do  (Read 1297 times)

lms6201

local car and bike show , vintage bikes , cars ect , anyone done it with vmx bikes ? no prizes involved , thinking of mabey mk2 pursang mk 7 pursang ,yz 465,   opinions anybody ?   

mx250

Go for it, spread the word, spread the joy ;D.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Ditto to mx250- people love classic dirt-
then you pounce and bring them into our fold, whilst promoting your local vmx club    ;)   :P
alison

« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 11:23:01 am by vmx247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline MX?

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • Classic Bike Forum
You bet! these kind of things are good community events and often raise money for charities. The more entrants they get the bigger and more successful the show gets.
make sure you give us some pics though. :D

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
watch what happens, people will ignore the Shelby Mustang or Billet Chopper and head straight for the TT500s, because they used to have one or wanted one when they were younger. ;D
formerly Marc.com

mx250

You might get  some new/old bikes/parts/crap given to you.

"Yeah, my father kept his old bike, gathering dust and rusting away, you can have it, call around." Turns out to be Vincent Black Shadow/Rickman Truimph/BSA Bantam ;D ;) ;D.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
You might get  some new/old bikes/parts/crap given to you.

"Yeah, my father kept his old bike, gathering dust and rusting away, you can have it, call around." Turns out to be Vincent Black Shadow/Rickman Truimph/BSA Bantam ;D ;) ;D.

Dream on  :D   ;)  :D
Best is in the West !!

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
mx250 is right
3 doors away is a complete bsa bantam.i was giving them an old waste bin when the guy said to me i know you have old bikes i have my dads old bsa its sitting in the back of the shed might do somthing with it 1 day if i decide to get rid of it do you want it.after looking at the bike i said yes.so the wait begins.

All Things 414

I picked up a complete V75 Monty when the guy who was powdercoating a shock spring for me asked what it was off.
"Oh a Montesa. I've had one of those in the backshed for 15 years. Never bothered to put it back together after I powdercoated the frame and bought all the bits from O'Briens". "Ya can have it for a coupla hundred bucks. Doubt anyone would want something like that these days......."
I dislocated my shoulder getting my wallet out..... ;D

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Alright- mx250 is right- they are out there  ;D
Would love to see some pic of the show Ims6201   8)
cheers Alison
Best is in the West !!