Author Topic: I love animation...............  (Read 1934 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
I love animation...............
« on: March 04, 2009, 11:53:28 AM »
Check this out all you F1 fans……..  and id be interested in finding out how this 'Kers' thing actually works or is it another Brock " polariser"

http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid1529569285?bctid=10497901001
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

mx250

Re: I love animation...............
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 02:36:41 PM »
Love it 8). Thanks Freaky ;D.

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2009, 04:31:08 PM »
That is so cool

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2009, 05:00:23 PM »
KTM 125 trumped F1 by running a KERS system on their 125 racer in Valencia last year. Seeing the rider made 13 places in 3 corners you can say it works a fair bit better than the late Brockie's polariser. It adds about 2kW or 3.5HP on the KTM, the system uses no batteries as with the car just some capacitors that can 'dump' stored energy fast. In short a belt is connected to the flywheel and to a electric motor, under braking the motor is driven by the flywheel charging the caps, then under power the motor turns the belt by power from the caps.That would have the KTM at almost 60HP from a 125 a-bloody-mazing
Jesus only loves two strokes

mx250

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 05:18:24 PM »
KTM 125 trumped F1 by running a KERS system on their 125 racer in Valencia last year. Seeing the rider made 13 places in 3 corners you can say it works a fair bit better than the late Brockie's polariser. It adds about 2kW or 3.5HP on the KTM, the system uses no batteries as with the car just some capacitors that can 'dump' stored energy fast. In short a belt is connected to the flywheel and to a electric motor, under braking the motor is driven by the flywheel charging the caps, then under power the motor turns the belt by power from the caps.That would have the KTM at almost 60HP from a 125 a-bloody-mazing
Have they kept using it?

Is it allowed in MotoGP?

Is it allowed in VMX? ;D

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2009, 07:01:35 PM »
Funny thing  is that KERS  is a very similiar idea  to how hybrid cars like the toyota prius and alike are powered cept KERS is use it now and hybrids are use it later.

would be a good one (headache) for the scruitineers to have a beer over the legality of a KERS  on a VMX as the technology was well and truly there  since Faraday did his first electric motor experiments.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2009, 08:54:12 PM »
AFAIK yes it's going to be used this year and yes probably MotoGP legal and anything and everything is legal in VMX so long as it fits under the stator cover and in the airbox ;D

mx250

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2009, 09:01:54 PM »
AFAIK yes it's going to be used this year and yes probably MotoGP legal and anything and everything is legal in VMX so long as it fits under the stator cover and in the airbox ;D
Are you up for it Loz ;D. Give that slug of a 400 the shot in the arm it needs to be competitive ;).

albrid-3

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2009, 10:11:03 PM »
yes freakshow that was interesting, where do you find them.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2009, 10:24:17 PM »
No more HP isn't needed it's more retardation at the front that's required at the moment, not to mention a fast rider!

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2009, 10:37:53 PM »
So thats retardardation on the top then lozza ?
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 07, 2009, 11:18:30 AM »
Probly a dumb question but how does it change heat/friction energy at the disc & caliper into electric power.  From this point it is streight foward.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2009, 12:59:17 PM »
It doesn't.
But the engine is still turning while under brakes but no power for forward motion is required. If KERS produces 80HP when used then it saps 80HP in drag under brakes.Makes shorter braking distance to.