Author Topic: Viper Round 1  (Read 2510 times)

Offline marshallmech

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Viper Round 1
« on: February 27, 2009, 09:25:31 pm »
The entry for the first Viper round has been posted to the web site.
Lets see if we can get a big turnout for the first round at Blue rock.
A newsletter with entry form will be sent out ASAP.
Hope to see all Viper members and hopfully some new faces.

Andy Viper  #70
Andy Viper #70
Honda CR125 RB
Honda CR125RC
Honda CR125RA
Honda CR250RZ
Honda Z50A

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
Re: Viper Round 1
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2009, 08:57:09 pm »
Hi Guys & Gals,

The entry forms have now been posted to the Viper Website, so lets get it happening. Its Round 1 & hoping for a good turnout to kick start the start of the Viper series. The track will be well prepared & lets hope for some sprinkling of that stuff we call rain, to help things along. Of course, we will be looking for a few helping hands to water, should we need to, so I hope some can assist. Camping available Saturday night if interested. Any enquiries, please dont hesitate to give me a call on 0422 550 521.

Mrs Maico #54

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2009, 11:48:45 am »
Hi All,

Entries are a bit slow coming in. Its only 2 weekends away & preferrably would like to be organised rather than be bombarded with entries on the day. So please get your entries in the post.

Mrs Maico #54

Offline Viper79

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2009, 12:14:44 pm »
Posting my entry Monday, Dawn.

Rob.
QA50 KO, XR75 K5 Race bike from VMBA days, XR400R1, CRF450R3, RM400T, DR650SE with off road adventure mods, MX360A, YZ400D, YZ465H, IT250H, 1985 Jawa 897 Slider, 2016 Jawa/GM Slider

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2009, 09:25:15 pm »
Hey dawn i'm going to be there just been busy but will get it to you early next week .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2009, 07:16:12 pm »
Hi Viper Guys & Gals,

Anyone who hasnt entered yet, ie; Viper people, the Open All Powers is almost full (40 entries only) if you want me to put your names down, let me know asap to secure your spot or you will miss out. Either email me your details ie: bike no, licence no etc etc to [email protected] or ring me on 0359 98 0097 or Mobile 0422 550 521.

Mrs Maico #54

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 09:06:03 pm »
Really good to see the return of Grant Dodd Jnr, after a hell of a time in the Kinglake bushfires, coming out to enjoy the Viper hospitality this weekend at Blue Rock. Also wishing Ray Stevens, also from the Kinglake bushfire area, a speedy recovery from the knee reco, after the last round at Wonthaggi in 08, hope to see you on a bike real soon.

Mr & Mrs Maico #54

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2009, 10:29:52 am »
More WOOOHOOOO with this article on fullnoise.com.au  website .
Great VMX publicity for those young kids who don't know squat about the past.. ;D
Alison
good stuff

Victorian vintage motocross starts a bumper 09 with the first of Seven rounds at the picturesque Bluerock circuit near Moe this Sunday 29 March. The "VIPER" series has been going strong for 14 years and 2009 is shaping as ripper season.
Vintage motocross action

The hills will reverberate with the throaty grunt of powerful 2 strokes ridden by grey haired legends who never say die.

The most popular class is Evolution, bikes generally made before 1981 with air cooled engines, twin shock or non linkage suspension and drum brakes.

The iconic 1979 Red Devil Honda CR250 plays a starring role along side the monoshock Yamaha YZ250 E and F. European brands feature strongly with many bow legged Husky riders. Of course real men ride Maicos, superb handling, awesome power and well ... kinda tricky start.

New sponsors have joined including Ohlins and Maxima oils. Imported Steve Cramer is very happy to help promote the fun. "The commitment of these blokes is inspirational. The restoration of the bikes is magnificent and the speed is HOT. It almost makes me want to have a crack myself!"

Powerhouse Motorcycles of Pakenham have generously helped out again. Owner Anthony Coxon keeps coming back for more. "Viper is really addictive. There is something about these old bikes that you just can't let go."

This season Viper will have seven rounds including such legendary tracks as Ravenswood and Barrabool. A new comer is Corner Inlet down at Yanakie on the way to the Prom. Old favourites include Wonthaggi, Monza Park at Ballarat and this week's event at Bluerock near Moe. The final round will be a grass track event on private property at Noojee, North of Warragul. The natural terrain circuit will be ideal for the shorter suspension of the thirty-year-old bikes.

New sponsor Tarmac Civil Constructions owner Michael Cockburn loves the fantastic restorations done on the bikes. "These blokes are incredible, they spend half their life on eBay scouring the world for a clutch basket for 1977 Bultaco Pursang or a NOS (new old stock) rear guard for a 1980 Suzuki RM125. The truly amazing thing is most of these blokes are still married" laughed Michael.

Viper Chairman, Simon Healy, is pumped up about 09. "Our riders wanted more races and this is what we have given them with 7 quality events all within a few hours drive of Melbourne. With trophies after each round and lots of classes there is something for every level of rider. So grab that old bike gathering dust in your shed and have a go."

For more info check out http://www.vipermx.com/
Best is in the West !!

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2009, 10:34:18 am »
hey but there are some that do alison  ;)
MUGEN power

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 10:41:45 am »
hey but there are some that do alison  ;)
yer I know our kid and his mates too  ;)  ;D ,but its great to see it on a modern site,probably the third VMX article I've seen on there.  :P
Hopefully we have an insider VMXer at work there...bless him/her   8)
cheers Alison
Best is in the West !!