Author Topic: Gum Valley 2 day MX report  (Read 1285 times)

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
Gum Valley 2 day MX report
« on: February 26, 2009, 11:41:33 am »
A 2 day mx meeting was held at the Gum Valley track , south of Mackay on the 21st & 22nd of Feb . There was a big turn out of competitors , with over 300 I am told . Classic class numbers were down though & with only 8 starters we were run in with the women on moderns . Saturday was uncomfortable with a temperature around 36 degrees & high humidity . Sunday was a lot better .  I took a couple of pictures , but as usual the camera never shows the elevation changes in the terrain very well . It is an excellent track & is fairly fast , with a lot of sandy loam , making it a good venue for  big bores .

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Gum Valley 2 day MX report
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2009, 12:06:52 pm »
Gum Valley is going to host a round of the MX Nationals (moderns) this year , on the 24th of May ( I think ). When I asked about support classes , I was told that M.A only allows an under 19 support class . But the organisers were interested in running a demonstration classic class in the interval / lunch break . I would love to see a field of combined pre '90 , pre '85 & evo bikes putting on a show , as I find modern MX a bit boring & monotonous with every race seeming to be the same . It would be good to watch the likes of Glen Bell going at it on an '84 CR500 Honda . Maybe "Maico 31" could take his 490 for a skid if he was up swinging spanners for Team Husqvarna ? I know that it is a long way to travel for a short ride though , seeing as it is about a 9 hour drive north of Brisbane .   

Offline VMX Andrew

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2009, 05:09:24 pm »
is that the same track where the aussie mx titles were held in 1988...

jim goose

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2009, 06:44:26 pm »
Yes mate that is the same track. I was a spectator at that one.