Author Topic: sliders  (Read 2759 times)

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
sliders
« on: February 17, 2009, 04:06:32 pm »
g'day all looks like it was a bit frantic at the jack hogg this year!..hope all you blokes that stood on your own forehead will be up and at'em soon.... i need to get stuck into my project re classification for sliders so i can make recommendations through the classic dirt committee at our next meeting...i'm thinking the main criteria should basically be pre 70 for all components plus rake angle under a specific degrees and no design features not seen prior to 1970.. i feel any thing after that has fairly similar performance. any input greatfully recieved .my mobile 0439738040. but i wiould like to see some to and fro-ing on this forum cheers wally.  GET WELL SOON FELLERS.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
Re: sliders
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 06:25:09 pm »
Having a Hagon Jap, 2V Jawa longtracker and Mk 1 Godden Wslake, I would see that classification should reflect tje transitions of the sport. Pre 70 which allows for many of the home-made specials and then 2 valvers and 4 valvers with the next wave being the modern laydowns. Probably far too basic but hopefully a start. I will mow await the tirades which seems to happen these days,
Rosco86

Offline 52

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 05:19:21 pm »
Wally, one thing missing in recent yrs is the aces invitation. MX and slider. They were raced tegether in the day .In 07 grasey and I tried to push replacing 4-stroke all-powers to just All-powers. That would give sliders another ride and the bloke that only has a Pre-75 250 another ride as well as get enough riders to get the age divisions. It fell on deaf ears.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2009, 08:14:05 am »
for modern opens ma has allowed 500cc sliders to race with the mx bikes in the unlimited races.250cc are already allowed to race in the 250 class in moderns.
classic dirt track is at the mercy of the club holding the event.nats has 250cc with mx bikes but 2v sliders run by themselves.our club days have 3 slider races per round 2 rounds per day.allin 125 250 500 and laydown longtrackers.its not to bad realy as 6 slider races and if you have a other vmx as most  do you get another 6 rides on that
cheers
jim
hagon tt500

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2009, 10:04:01 am »
 hey '52 the old aces invitation was a great innovation that i would be pleased to see come back into being! it would seem to me to be quite feasable to run an aces invitation as a regular event at nepean events on the basis 1.the top riders on the day could cope with other top riders using different lines and having different acceleration rates etc, 2. the fields would be culled to include ONLY the top riders on the day.....hey 'old school' i dont believe that people running dirt track meets that i have attended over recent years realy have a listening problem. i believe these meetings have all been run to suit the riders that turn up to the meetings.changes to formats will happen if ideas are put forward that are in the interests of those who compete and the ideas/ changes/innovations are put to organisers of the meetings. remembering always that those same people who we rely on to get everything set up for a days racing always have problems getting people to assist with the normal procedures for the day. some times there's just to much to do to think about changes to formats. cheers wally.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2011, 10:44:41 pm »
 'nother bump

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2011, 10:46:27 pm »
 Who got the fastest time of the weekend at the king of nepean and on what?
cheers pancho

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 07:40:29 pm »
taken from the photo section slider no 52 peter lee yz yamaha no 55 steve gall

Curly3

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 08:06:26 pm »
Novice and Junior classes, probably best not to mix em.
But honestly, once you get to A grade you should be ready for anything.
From what I can see the guy's on MX based bikes slide pretty near as much as the "Sliders".
That raises a question, do they still grade riders?
Personally I love watching them both together.

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 08:15:26 pm »
Just love those 2 pics from the '75 titles at Griffith Jim. I rode against Gall that weekend and he was a fierce competitor. Made room when wasn't any to be had!.
 What about all those sliders flat knacker into the straight for the first time!! Nothin' like that these days :( It was a mixed bag back then, sliders and mx'ers together(until the 500 and unlimited finals), then it was dominated by sliders. There was always a rivalry between mx'ers and sliders but we still enjoyed the racing.  Regards ,   Mark