Author Topic: Boysen Link  (Read 8672 times)

oldfart

Re: Boysen Link
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2009, 07:21:11 PM »
Drag cars have had a similar set and achieved the same results .

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 02:14:42 PM »
If adjusted correctly , would it not stop the weelbase getting longer and shorter during suspension travel ?If you coupled it with a ribi frunt the bike wouls stay the same length at all times?
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

TooFastTim

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 02:53:39 PM »
All this assumes there is a 'problem' with chain torque, most manufacturers seem to work with it or put the swingarm pivot as close to the countershaft as possible. These blokes probably don't want to know how moving the pivot point up or down(in relation to the output shaft) is used to dial in squat or anti squat by just about every 125/250/MotoGP/WSS/WSBK/AMA and Australian superbike teams ::)

It's a point and I'd forgotten about it. Yup when you give it the berries the swinging arm tries to pull down and under the bike, locking the suspension. This trick is used extensively by trials riders.

Offline farmpro

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 01:36:05 PM »
Hey Mates !!!!

The guy that did the development work for Yankee/Ossa was Joe Bolger.He later had a company Joe Bolger Products that sold specialty tools and made some engine mounts for foreign cars that used different mounting holes than originally.They were used when mounting holes were damaged in collisions instead of replacing or welding up the engine blocks.This info. may help if someone wants to do some more research on the subject.
Good Luck.

Bill Davis       Texas Vintage Racing Club & Honorary VMXWA

TooFastTim

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2009, 01:47:28 PM »
Bolger is (was?) a seriously clever bloke. Especially when he sued Suz and won.

mx250

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2009, 02:20:00 PM »
The guy that did the development work for Yankee/Ossa was Joe Bolger.
Yeah that name rings bells. I described him as an inventor but I remember the article describing him as having a background in lateral thinking and development.

TooFastTim

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 02:28:18 PM »

Offline ba-02-xr

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 21, 2009, 08:55:22 AM »
This has turned very intereseting & informative. Any outher strange rear suspension set ups people can remember.

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2009, 10:28:23 AM »
How about the jack shaft idea on this CR125 Honda ? I read somewhere that Maico tested a similar set-up on one of their works-bikes .
« Last Edit: March 21, 2009, 04:10:43 PM by Husky500evo »