Author Topic: Recently retired drag racer ??????  (Read 2078 times)

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Recently retired drag racer ??????
« on: February 03, 2009, 08:55:27 pm »
http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/news/queensland/police-in-three-states-dismantle-major-drug-ring/2009/02/03/1233423209335.html

Along with Romeo Capitanieo (who just happend to be the unlucky bloke who was driving a 4wd when some guns, ice and a big stash of $$$ was found in there ::) ) seems there is plenty of behind the scenes action in drag racing
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline BJJ

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Remote PC
Re: Recently retired drag racer ??????
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 09:01:04 pm »
I know you like your fuel Lozza,  but this brings another meaning to Top Alcohol.  Incredible story.

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 12:35:03 am »
Don't blame me the internet did it

Offline Mick22

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 08:16:36 am »
Its a shame for the genuine guys in Drags, because I reckon the corporates sponsons will give Drag Racing a wide berth for some time after this
Looking fo a TZ750 anyone with any leads please PM

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 09:22:58 am »
had he retired before this happened or after

firko

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 10:36:41 am »
This is having major repercussions in all racing circles, not just drag racing. I think you can forget any future involvement by Jack Daniels. Allegedly Brett Stevens got into a big bar brawl with an executive from Jack Daniels at the Canberra Summernats which didn't help his cause. Add that to the Capitano situation and another impending bout of bad ju ju from another top line racer and you'd have to think that Drag Racing as a sport is going to have to go into some deep damage control.

Anyone who ever saw the Stevens operation at the drags must have asked themselves the question as to where the money was coming from. It was a bigger setup than any two V8 Supercar teams combined. Stevens had a severe 'bad boy' attitude problem on top of the blatant display of wealth which  surely had to draw the attention of the cops.

This scenario reminds me of back in the early seventies and the idiot drug dealer in my beloved Maroubra. This particular bloke worked for Botany Council as a garbage truck driver but owned a '69 427 Camaro, a phase 3 Falcon and a Lotus Elan. He wore a Rolex to work and basically acted like a Double Bay Johnny on council worker income. The cops naturally took an interest in his source of income and uncovered his huge speed and pot network. If he'd acted a bit more low key, like his main opposition in the business (who drove a second hand E49 Charger but paid it off and still lived with mum and dad) he wouldn't have gone to gaol (and died there from a shiv in the neck). His opposition never got caught and today lives in middle class suburban bliss and is a pilar of society and good living. If Stevens had stuck to the one top fuel bike or one doorslammer instead of his 11 race vehicle overkill he may have got away with it.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 10:39:18 am by firko »

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2009, 10:59:21 am »
every time i went to watch the fuel  car/ bikes  i use to think that very thing  ,and wonder how much $$$$$$$$$$$$  old jack daniels was throwing at him  . i think that brett stevens had something to do with a biker club too ,1 million in cash is alot off change  to hav in the house but im sure he got plenty off time to contomplate what his got  in front off him now
when  the asetts are siezed and finally sold, it will make a interesting   police or sherrif seized goods or poceeds off crime  auction

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2009, 12:28:11 pm »
Paul I would have thought he could have afforded more than 1 490 and maybe there was no actual JD cash just product to go with all the other goodies ;D ;D ;D
ANDRA has also been asleep at the wheel here to, hard to believe they had never heard any whispers/scuttlebutt, I wonder if they are going to be a bit pro active and introduce drug testing