Author Topic: An appeal  (Read 5846 times)

Tony T

An appeal
« on: February 02, 2009, 10:34:38 am »
Over the past week or so, the forum has lost a couple of our most helpful and enthusiastic members.
With a few others, reducing the amount of time they contribute.
This has been mainly due to the rise of aggressive, negative and derogatory posts.
I've made some great friends through this forum and been able to keep in touch with the VMX world even though work commitments keep me from attending many events.
So I would hope in the future that we all think twice before we post something negative and hopefully this forum will continue to be the valuable resource that Graeme originally envisaged.
Thanks.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: An appeal
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2009, 10:41:01 am »
WHo left ?
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Tony T

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2009, 10:56:49 am »

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2009, 11:14:25 am »
it is well known that email type communication is frought with risk.the next worst is telephone the best is face to face. that is why i re read my posts several times before sending .even then i have seen my old posts and worry a bit. add to that we're off race season plus its bloody hot, so cheer up fellers i'm sure people will cool down and "get back on their bike". .another thought..every one is different , i've even found to my astonishment that some people don't even like ME!!
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Evil Rudy

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 11:37:36 am »
Ferchrist’s sakes Tony, you can’t blame me because someone took their dolls and dishes...

No one makes anyone do anything in this world... everyone has choices.

I have a shit house written attitude. Cowboy up.

I do not however have malicious thoughts – those are the ones where you say things on purpose to hurt people’s feelings...

It’s easy to blame someone for ones decisions – in fact it’s the way of the modern world. Everyone has an excuse for everything now. I’m sick of it - so if you don’t like it anymore then go...

In two weeks no one will know you’re gone. That’s another benefit of this modern day. Everything has become so transitory that the only thing left is apathy.

When and if any of you meet me, you’ll come to realise that it’s not just my written words that offend at times. I’m not one person writing and hiding in stealth, and completely different in the flesh. It’s amazing I can keep talking with both feet in my mouth.

Rudy

Tony T

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 11:46:37 am »
Ferchrist’s sakes Tony, you can’t blame me because someone took their dolls and dishes...

I think this post probably proves the point.
I didn't blame anyone. Didn't mention names. Just asked for a little control so that maybe we could all continue to enjoy this forum.
The floor's yours, Rudy. You win.
I'm outta here too..........

Evil Rudy

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2009, 12:00:00 pm »
This is exactly my point. You call me out using a thread I’m involved in as an example of all that is wrong in the world and then pull that Ally McBeal passive aggressive bullshit on me.

FFS vilify me if you have to, but don’t throw grenades and hide in holes.

Offline Noel

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2009, 12:32:17 pm »
I think that for anyone who has meet "the Evil Rudy" in the flesh
this may not have gone this far,
yes the written word is a dangerous thing and constrain should possibly be given due consideration
but also maybe more consideration should also be given to responses to post's and ,
new threads be started rather than changing the topic of the original if not relevant,
Mark in my experience is not a bad man , just not house trained
cheers
Noel

Evil Rudy

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2009, 12:57:36 pm »
Shoot Noel. I've got a tear welling up in the corner of my eye.

That's about the nicest thing anyone has said about me.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2009, 12:58:00 pm »
I didn't consider that Tony was having a go at you Rudy, but at the shitfight that seems to be going on about nothing in particular.

“the rise of aggressive, negative and derogatory posts."

I agree, their seems to be a new fad of having an alias to talk shit with. While sometimes funny it's more often childish humour, much like watching an Adam Sandler film.

I don't see the need for anybody to leave, just ignore the posts that shit you & try to post something positive.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Evil Rudy

« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 01:05:05 pm »
What exactly would constitute having a go?

He puts up a sob story about people leaving because of poor behaviour and for evidence puts up the thread I’m embroiled in.

I guess I’m just a product of the system then. It wasn’t at me, just at people like me. OK.

That scene where Sandler and the little boy are peeing on the wall... and who wouldn’t want a tutor who looked like that to visit your tent.

eno

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2009, 01:29:44 pm »
Must be something in the air, I've seen a lot of the walking blues on other forums lately, not vmx related too.

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2009, 01:42:12 pm »
Shit, when did Walter leave??? I missed something there.
So who is Wasp & Hornet then????
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2009, 02:36:21 pm »
It's worth remembering that I am 'over' the whole OzVMX thing cos it takes way too much time and money away from more important things. I only keep it going because it seems to be very popular and useful. But lately I've copped a lot of private flack for the way things are going and honestly I don't have time to keep on top of all of that, nor do I want to. So, it won't take a great deal more for me to close it down.

I have always said that we are all big boys and should be able to cope with a bit of criticism or whatever, and I still think that. But it does get a bit tiresome when people can't just get over themselves.

It's OzVMX, not PMS Monthly. Let's get back to vintage dirtbikes and forget the bleating, whinging, criticism and insults. And no, I don't need the private messages about my thoughts. Thanks anyway.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2009, 03:06:24 pm »
i missed all of this and never even opened the other thread until you cut me the link, ill head over there now for a laugh.

I hate it when i miss out on all the fun, but i cant be opening every thread, id be here all week.   

Why the hell would anyone be PM you graeme ? What doo they expect you to do or say ?  I wouldnt get through the first PM.......... before i hit the delete button,

you guys spend way too much time thinking.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff