Author Topic: Farleigh Castle Nations Cup 5/6 sept inc EVOS  (Read 2694 times)

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Farleigh Castle Nations Cup 5/6 sept inc EVOS
« on: January 31, 2009, 06:52:45 am »
Just thought this may be of intrest to a few, 5/6 sept will be the first twinshock/evo Motocross des nations event in the world. Farleigh castle is the fantastic grassy ex 500cc Grand Prix track. For me and thousands of others it will always be the 500GPs of the 1980s that will stick in my mind.  Non riding Guest of Hounour will be 3x world 500cc champion David Thorpe who had some titanic battles at farleigh, http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6pnSNR4_26s    The event organisers would dearly love a team of riders from OZ and NZ  as this will be a true world event.  I have spoken with Grayham noyce,Herbert shmitz , neil hudson and Georges jobe who will attend the event but probably only noyce and herbert will ride{we are working on neil} Georges as you may know is slowly recovering from a spinal injury he sustained in 07 and is thankfully up on his feet and would love to come back to watch farliegh where he won the 500ccGP in 87.  By the end of feb the website www.farleighcastle.co.uk is hopefully going to be up and running .  Please feel free to ask questions and i will gladly try and answer them.  e mail questions can be sent to me via pm or [email protected]

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Farleigh Castle Nations Cup 5/6 sept inc EVOS
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2009, 06:38:17 am »
There must be a couple of ozzies that will want to see where Jeff Leisk has a great ride 20 years ago in 89. Fly the flag ;D

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2009, 09:40:24 am »
one of my favourite tracks dave
never get sick of watching dvd
of thorpe jobe and nicol 8)
really testing track i luv it
would luv to ride there :P

cheers rusty ;D
follow me to first turn

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2009, 07:10:58 pm »
one of my favourite tracks dave
never get sick of watching dvd
of thorpe jobe and nicol 8)
really testing track i luv it
would luv to ride there :P

cheers rusty ;D

Cmon then rusty get some of your mates up together and come for a jolly.

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2009, 09:34:09 pm »
i would luv to, will see how the finances are during year maybe you could find me a bike to ride 500cc of course
i am sure there  are plenty of others who would
like to ride there ;D
i was very very close to going to europe in 1986/87
to do the gps but i backed out wife and kids :'(
regret it now even my wify does too
but shit happens i guess :)
follow me to first turn

albrid-3

« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2009, 10:18:12 pm »
A world series would be great to see, l had the opportunity once to race in NEW ZEALAND back in the 70`s and my friend John Herd race number #60, he was racing  MC400 maico at the time, but what happen we where to stay with maurce sheriff place and these guy where A graders in NZ at the time, but this brother got killed racing at a meeting, and that ended the trip. But racing in England at Farleigh Castle that would be wonderful, a dream come true. I had just turned 53 today, and the years have flown, life is to short to dream, l feel that Australia is big enough and barrabool would be the ideal track to hold a world series Vintage and Evo race meeting.  l am sure the Geelong Sporting club would support that kind of event. they are trying to save barrabool from going under. And the poeple of Australia wouldn`t like to see barrabool closed.
cheers
david

« Last Edit: February 05, 2009, 11:43:31 pm by albrid-3 »

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2009, 07:35:04 am »
we have had a great response worldwide and just tonight we have teams from belgum, france,germany,holland,ireland and tonight portugal.  Team belgum has Jo Martens ex GP rider of the 80s , jan geboers{sylvain and erics little bro} jan blanquert world vets GP rider and Marnique Bervoets world 250cc runner up in 98??  I know money is tight but this will be THE event of the year and i will do my best to put potential riders in touch with bikes in the uk.

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2009, 09:43:01 am »
Wouldn't it be great to see good Aussie riders like Glen Bell & Geoff Holmes on pre '90 Hondas (evo) & the likes of Geoff Ballard & Shaun Baker ( reigning Aussie evo & pre '85 champ ) on Wulfsport Maicos (twinshock), representing Australia ?  I couldn't see it happening because of the distance & costs involved , but I can dream . Do they have a support class for gumby twinshock riders , as I would love to have a ride at Farleigh myself ?

albrid-3

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2009, 10:55:08 am »
l had an offer couple of years ago, that if l made the trip to England that there would be a bike for me to race over their, but l find it hard to get the time and money to do just that, ( l need a push ). but if their was a sponsore involved for the teams to go and MA Australia got behind it all, and all the vintage clubs race meetings around Australia donated Money and it was pooled. It could happen, Run a raffle. Have a  motorcross trivial nights, or a dance,dinner and vintage auction also on the night. It could be done. Years ago l was involved in riasing money for the MAKE A WISH (KIDS WITH CANCER), So we put on a vintage motorcross meeting and it was a hugh success. It can happen if you want it to happen.
cheers
david

firko

« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2009, 12:51:20 pm »
Wouldn't it be great to see good Aussie riders like Glen Bell & Geoff Holmes on pre '90 Hondas (evo) & the likes of Geoff Ballard
Geoff Ballard raced in a big twin shock meeting in the UK a few years ago and whooped them all, including Neil Hudson, Graeme Noyce and Pete Mathia. Imagine Gally on a HL or YZ465, Ballard on one of Bill Browns mega trick Maicos, Ronny Dinsdale on a 414 Monty and Belly on a Honda of some sort. That my friends would be a pretty hard act to top.

albrid-3

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2009, 01:15:42 pm »
That would be good to watch mark.
david :-X

Offline 2 shocks

• A-Grade
  • Gods Country !!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2009, 01:46:05 pm »
Hi Dave,

If Wulfsport could spare a 490 Maico for Shaun Baker to ride, the current Pre 85 & Evo champ, maybe we could look at the possibilities of getting to Farleigh Castle  ???

Mr Maico #54

albrid-3

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2009, 05:37:37 pm »
Hi Maico #54
That would be the go, to do something like this you would need to form a committee, but would these ex-champion race for the thrill or expect to be paid.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2009, 06:05:46 pm »
I would like to see all Australian Champs in an OPEN from the last say 5 to 8 years on the grid and see how that would end up,,more food for thought.  8)
Ah lotto's on tonight.  ;D   Bring on Farleigh Castle  :P
Alison
« Last Edit: February 07, 2009, 06:21:35 pm by vmx247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline dave king

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2009, 07:02:11 pm »
Wouldn't it be great to see good Aussie riders like Glen Bell & Geoff Holmes on pre '90 Hondas (evo) & the likes of Geoff Ballard
Geoff Ballard raced in a big twin shock meeting in the UK a few years ago and whooped them all, including Neil Hudson, Graeme Noyce and Pete Mathia. Imagine Gally on a HL or YZ465, Ballard on one of Bill Browns mega trick Maicos, Ronny Dinsdale on a 414 Monty and Belly on a Honda of some sort. That my friends would be a pretty hard act to top.

I was there that day in 1996, ballard was quick but not as quick as Noycey on his old works Honda. Great to hear you guys  talk about your oz dream team.  If gally comes i have a special 600cc 3 speed HL for him to ride.  Someone contact him please.