Author Topic: South Africans travel to Phoenix Arizona to race duel in thec desert  (Read 1645 times)

Offline crabman

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
A group of 3 South Africans are travelling to to Phoenix to ride the Duel In the Desert. This will be the first VMX event for myself outside of South Africa. I just wish that I could have ridden a bit more in the last three months, kinda feel rusty.
Old and slow - and happy

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
Re: South Africans travel to Phoenix Arizona to race duel in thec desert
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 11:05:48 pm »
A group of 3 South Africans are travelling to to Phoenix to ride the Duel In the Desert. This will be the first VMX event for myself outside of South Africa. I just wish that I could have ridden a bit more in the last three months, kinda feel rusty.
Yeah right, we used that line when we got beat in the Rugby World Cup. Nobody believed it then either... ;) :D ;D
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Offline crabman

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2009, 06:23:36 am »
the only thing that gets beat in my life is me, i have a special relationship with  the lap scorers, i am invariably the last rider to cross the finish line, i cannot win anything even an argument with my 10 year old daughter
Old and slow - and happy

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2009, 03:35:47 pm »
Nicely put crabman; right now I'm thinking we could use you in our National Cricket Team (unfortunately they've taken hopeless to a new level).
You know, someone they can aspire to and lift their game...
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

TooFastTim

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2009, 04:04:52 pm »
the only thing that gets beat in my life is me, i have a special relationship with  the lap scorers, i am invariably the last rider to cross the finish line

Well at least you're honest Gavin  ;D

Offline Tahitian_Red

• Legend
  • Mugen ME480
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2009, 05:31:09 pm »
Hey crabman,

When Nancy said her and Dave Boystun would be hosting some folks from South Africa, at their AVDRA event, then taking them to the AHRMA race the following weekend, I wondered if it was you.  Look me up at the AHRMA event.  I will be racing a 75 Yamaha MX100 in Vintage (pre-75) and an 83 Honda CR480 at the Post-Vintage (pre-85) event.
 :)
The "Factory Novice"
California, USA

'74 Suzuki TM100, '75 Bultaco 250 Pursang, '77 Honda XR75, '77 Suzuki RM125B, '77 Yamaha YZ400D, '79 Honda CR250RZ Moto-X Fox Replica, '83 Honda ME480RD Mugen

Offline crabman

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2009, 06:13:17 am »
Hi Taihitian Red
Yes, I am one of three South Africans who are going to be in Phoenix. I am keen to meet you. Hopefully not in the first corner but in the pits or in the bar.
With a bit of luck we will have SOUTH AFRICAN Des Nations race shirts, if you follow cricket and rugby you will recognize the shirt, however on a more positive note least you can be assured that you are guaranteed not to come last.
Looking forward to meeting you.
Regards Crabman
Old and slow - and happy