Author Topic: Global financial crisis - what does it mean to you  (Read 62219 times)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Global financial crisis - what does it mean to you
« Reply #180 on: August 05, 2011, 11:22:53 pm »
make clear renegotiation of the US sovereign debt positionthats the plan ,they will loose their sovereignty to the IMF like Greece and the rest..

The US is the ultimate too big to fail economy, they don't need the IMF to renegotiate their debt for them, they can demand and likely recieve a chunk of debt forgiveness from Japan, China and the Middle East..... its only paper after all.

No,its failing.Yes they dont need the IMF they can easy loose their sovereingty to China or do the Hitler thing and tell them to go jump with the owed money and then try and gain control and power over other countries - oh their done that already which brings us to the middle east.Japan wont be buying up treasuries with their problems , they are looking to unload the ones that they already have to get cash after  Fukushima .

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 06, 2011, 02:30:52 pm »

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 07, 2011, 05:52:57 pm »
So the price of bikes will drop as the market flattens and people have to sell off their surplus toys.  So if you're cashed up you can buy up.  Unless that then leaves you cash poor and in the same situation where you have to sell.  This is a tough one.  Do I sell up now and take a loss but be cashed up in bad times.  Or do I keep my bikes and end up broke with a shed full of scrap metal.  What a dilema.

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 07, 2011, 07:20:10 pm »
Im too stupid to buy gold and I'm to busy and lazy to sell my bikes.

I wonder how much Maico 490's will go for?

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 07, 2011, 10:15:42 pm »
So the price of bikes will drop as the market flattens and people have to sell off their surplus toys.  So if you're cashed up you can buy up. 

When i was in Canada last week the Canadians were flooding across the border and coming back with the American's goodies.... houses yachts, cars, bikes. Also all the guys shipping from the US to NZ at the moment have their sea containers chocka.... cars, bikes all sorts of shit at give away prices.

Hell you can buy a Ford Ranger new for 15 grand off the lot in Canada at the moment and I notice the KTM dealers still trying to flog 2008 models brand new..... just some sweet deals out there. Try brand new 2008 KTM 990 Duke for 8 grand or 250EXC for $6500..
formerly Marc.com

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 07, 2011, 10:42:23 pm »
and yellow metal as much as possible .( so far it went up by 15 % already ) I realy think this is the beginning of a new era . Well tomorrow morning should tell us a far bit more .

Walter how did you calculate the 15%. If in US $ then it doesn't mean much in AU$ since the US $ has dropped against AU.
I agree , new era coming.Tomorrow is forgone conclusion.Barry O didnt even mention the downgrade in his adress to the nation and ran off to camp David without a word since.No inspiration or help from himfor the market. ???

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 07, 2011, 10:43:27 pm »
Im too stupid to buy gold and I'm to busy and lazy to sell my bikes.

You're not alone there.Dohhh!

mx250

« Reply #187 on: August 08, 2011, 09:01:27 am »
What could possibly go wrong - the sun shining, the birds are singing; an absolutely perfect winters day.

Have a great day guys :).

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 08, 2011, 09:29:39 am »
What could possibly go wrong - the sun shining, the birds are singing; an absolutely perfect winters day.

Here here...lambs are being born and Spring is near...Meat in our freezer ..yippie ..Sorry poor little snowflake  :-X
Have a great Day !!
Best is in the West !!

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 08, 2011, 09:31:29 am »

Here here...lambs are being born and Spring is near...Meat in our freezer ..yippie ..Sorry poor little snowflake  :-X
Have a great Day !!
You barsta#d , not snowflake. :o
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 08, 2011, 09:50:23 am »
You could also invest in old rare bikes or cars , but I think it will be much easier in 3 years  to sell some bars  than a immaculate CCM .

Hmm lets see, sit about in garage looking at my pile of gold on the bike lift or immaculate CCM.... if you hesitate for a nano second on this decision I would suggest you are on the wrong forum

formerly Marc.com

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 08, 2011, 10:27:39 am »
OR you could buy a Wasp-it's gold-weighs about the same,  the best of both worlds :D

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 08, 2011, 06:11:43 pm »
Let me explain the little knowledge I have  ( or how I see it )
Last year gold was AU $1294 per ounce , right now today before opening it is $1589 , but already on the rise in Wall street . So if you bought 12 months ago and sold right now , you would be $300 better off . BUT ... the big but is , Inflation . Inflation we will have lots over the next five years , thats how America and Europe will pay for their debts . This inflation has been created again , so the big mass will pay for the debt und not the ones responsible for the mess they created ( wallstreet and politicians )
Gold yields no interest  and its possible positive  return is only based on speculation and fear for safety . Its a safe parking spot when everything else fails ( like at the moment )
The bottom line with gold ( or most metals) is , you may not make money , but you will retain its value in real buying power .
You could also invest in old rare bikes or cars , but I think it will be much easier in 3 years  to sell some bars  than a immaculate CCM . Having said that , if you have heaps of spare cash and use a small percentage of your wealth  to pic up the up coming bargains , why not .

I'm impressed Wasp,I think you have it spot on.Wish I could have done what you have.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 08, 2011, 06:19:23 pm »

[/quote]

The US is the ultimate too big to fail economy, they don't need the IMF to renegotiate their debt for them, they can demand and likely recieve a chunk of debt forgiveness from  China

[/quote]

Seems that the Chinese aren' the forgiving type's. They called for replacing the US$ as te international currency today .They also are talking about "International Supervision" the US debt crisis.  :o

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 08, 2011, 06:32:44 pm »
Seems that the Chinese aren' the forgiving type's. They called for replacing the US$ as te international currency today .They also are talking about "International Supervision" the US debt crisis.  :o
They were always going to do this given the chance.
For a while now they have been saying that they don't want their repayments in USD.
I recently bought some bits outta China and had to pay in English POUNDS :o
It's a power/revenge thing, clash of cultures and a sensible business decision as well.
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.