Author Topic: Nice buy on oz egay  (Read 2319 times)

Doc

Nice buy on oz egay
« on: January 22, 2009, 02:55:17 pm »
Finally! I have won myself a pristine original '76 MR MX poster on egay this morning. $25.95 all up so I'm 1 happy little vegimite this afternoon ;D

Tony T

Re: Nice buy on oz egay
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2009, 03:12:03 pm »
Now I see why you're so keen on these things, Doc.
Looks just like you.............  ;D

Good pick up at that price I reckon.

firko

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 03:48:25 pm »
A good piece of Aussie race memorabilia that brings back unbeatable memories. Good price too. They ain't going to get cheaper .
A bit of advice that was given to me, for what it's worth. A few years ago I went to a laminating place to have an old Trans Am series poster done. The guy behind the counter told me that by laminating the poster I'd be destroying whatever collector value the poster may have. I took his advice as genuine because he was refusing work to tell me that. Years later I was talking to a movie poster collector at a collectors fair and he backed the previous guys opinion.
He told me to keep it between acid proof tissue paper laying flat and in a dark place.

I've no idea of what you're going to do with the poster Doc....my point just came to mind as I read your post. If you bought it to hang on the wall.....more power to you and enjoy it as a piece of Peter Ledgers genius. One of my Kevlar brothers who competed in the '74 Mr Motocross meeting at Amaroo Park still has all of the original posters, Golden Breed t shirt, pit passes and a bunch more memorabilia. He owns the bike Per Klitland rode as well.

TM BILL

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 04:27:10 pm »
Great score Doc it will be a great addition to Suzuki central  :)

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 04:36:26 pm »
I agree Firko - don't laminate - have it framed under glass with correct acid free mount - will last lot longer then.

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Doc

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 05:40:59 pm »
Yah thanks guys :) I was going to have it framed behind glass as I personally don't like laminating. Even block mounting is better on a wooden backing. Those cheapy shops sell cheap frames so I'll wait till it arrives and take a look at what sizes are on offer. This seller had a few of these posters apparently (all the same by the sounds of it), the way they were advertised keeps them out of the regular searches so if you're interested there will be more on offer ;) since I can only really afford 1 poster the sellers name is hollyrock47 but there's nothing else listed at present. If your keen you may like to message the seller and see if he'll sell off ebay ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=200300575447&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=010
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 05:44:09 pm by Doc »

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2009, 01:52:13 pm »
Thanks for putting that up Doc, theres one on its way down here now,  ;) did they print any in 1974/75 ?

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2009, 12:39:47 am »
wherent these ones only small , like about A4 size ? or are they the poster A2 'S
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Doc

« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2009, 08:01:58 am »
nope, these were/are the full sized original poster freaky. I actually had this 1 prior but it got very tatty and eventually tossed out many years ago. Golden Breed did do a small run of this poster recently and these items were smaller and nowhere near poster size. They said they were looking into having all the old posters reproduced but I somehow feel it was all talk and doubt it'll ever happen ;)

Doc

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2009, 06:54:48 pm »
KB, I think this was the first poster of the series. I don't ever recall seeing any for '74 or '75. The poster arrived yesterday so I whipped over to the cheapy shop this arv and grabbed me a $20 frame ;D probably owes me about $50 all up now but eh..I like it 8) I need to re-assess my limited wall space to find the ideal location. Actually my walls need bloody painting now I have pictures that draw my attention to them..maybe nice bright yellow would be nice :P :D Credit to Firko too as the DT1 resto poster beside MrMX is the only Yamaha picture to be found anywhere at all in Suzuki Central ;)

here's my most recent find + $10 shipping  ;)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110341737967&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT&viewitem=
« Last Edit: January 29, 2009, 07:11:29 pm by Doc »

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2009, 06:58:15 pm »
Doc - the seller must be happy with you as I got one of the 2 remaining as well ;D ;D ;D

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Doc

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2009, 07:13:13 pm »
cool Rossco. I had no idea how many he had. I don't know how much he sold the others for but $25 or so had to be a bargain in my eyes ;D he should sling me a little commission eh :D

husky61

« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2009, 10:24:36 am »
Cool Doc

Thanks for the heads up.

We purchased the remaing poster.

$26.00 including postage

Shoey

Doc

« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2009, 12:29:35 pm »
great Shoey..a quick hundred for 4 old posters probably made the seller very happy and the buyers were pleased so there was much joy to be had for all ;D

I'm on a bit of an ebay roll this week, first the nice Pursang muffer ($35 all up landed) than I scored the wiseco piston kit for my RM125 for $30 landed and today my 99cent M Roberts boots arrived that owe me $11 all up. My dog chewed the back out of my old ones so these are the replacements..even the correct size and era ;D shiney bling new boots would be nice but then I'd have to upgrade everything else to match so I stick with the old..and cheap! 1 mans trash is another treasure :D

firko

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2009, 02:07:04 pm »
Better those cool M. Robert boots and the matching period clothing than the strange site of a fat old guy in flashy multi coloured  modern riding gear riding an old bike. It's all wrong. I like your style Doc!